Tire Installs By Ricardo AKA GTA Tire Guy | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire Installs By Ricardo AKA GTA Tire Guy

Just another two thumbs up for Ricardo.

He came by my place last night to do my tires. Extremely friendly guy with all the right tools. He was maticulous, very clean and precise. Not only he did an amazing job, but we also had a nice long conversation in which i learnded a whole bunch of new stuff about riding.

He goes the extra mile.

Highly recommended!

He comes to your house to install tires? How much?

Yeah, he comes to your location.

Here is the price list he sent me:

"For the tire change, the prices are:

1. $35 per wheel (wheels off the bike and changing tires on both wheels)
  2. $65 per wheel (wheels on the bike and changing tires on both wheels)
  3. $40 one wheel (wheel off bike and changing tire in a single wheel)
  4. $70 one wheel (wheel on bike and changing tire in a single wheel)
  5. If service is provided outside the 416 area code, there will be a driving charge of $15 to the total within a reasonable distance.

Balancing of the wheels is part of the tire change.
    thanks..
    Ricardo
    PS: i do not log on the forum very often, for faster response you can text me at 416-457-3714 or email at gtatireguy@gmail.com"

Sounds reasonable, providing he comes to you. Meaning you don't have to drive somewhere then wait to have your stuff serviced

Sounds reasonable, providing he comes to you. Meaning you don't have to drive somewhere then wait to have your stuff serviced

No he comes to your house if its in the GTA. And he was extremely careful with the bike. Didnt rush at all and did an amazing job. hence my recommendation

Totally reasonable. Considering the cost of a truck, trailer, tire machine, air compressor, and fuel...I think it's way too cheap. You GTA folk are lucky to have him- no way would I do it for that. He must have to do 8 sets a day to make it worthwhile

Another big thumbs up.

I contacted him based on the information in this thread and was not disappointed. He has all the right gear and very meticulous. Everything was very clean and I was able to put the wheels back on immediately. Pricing was very reasonable.

Definitely recommended and I'll use him next time.

Need my tires swapped at home. Called Ricardo but got no reply. Are you still providing this service Ricardo?? Anyone know of anyone else who does home calls? Im in west end (college/Ossington).

Need my tires swapped at home. Called Ricardo but got no reply. Are you still providing this service Ricardo?? Anyone know of anyone else who does home calls? Im in west end (college/Ossington).

I texted him just a couple days ago... He said he's on vacation but should be back in a few days. Maybe try him again.

or if you can't wait, take it into a shop. Good Wheel Motors does it near Keele and Finch or Rosey Toes near Weston and 401.

Another thumbs up for Ricardo,

Called him Tuesday and had him come out for Friday. Reasonable price and he taught me a bunch about my bike while he was working on it. Explained everything step by step as he was doing it.

I had to leave for an out of province emergency mid way through the tire change and just told him to shut the garage when he is done. He was cool with it.

Stand up guy, really nice, and takes his time.

10/10 would recommend. Was still cheaper than the dealership and he comes to you.

Just seeing if anyone has used this service recently. For those that did, and payed to have the tires removed from the bike. Just a quick question. Does he have the equipment to raise the bike off the ground to remove the tires? Or does he expect us to have front and rear bike stands?

Yeah, he comes to your location.

Here is the price list he sent me:

"For the tire change, the prices are:

1. $35 per wheel (wheels off the bike and changing tires on both wheels)
  2. $65 per wheel (wheels on the bike and changing tires on both wheels)
  3. $40 one wheel (wheel off bike and changing tire in a single wheel)
  4. $70 one wheel (wheel on bike and changing tire in a single wheel)
  5. If service is provided outside the 416 area code, there will be a driving charge of $15 to the total within a reasonable distance.

Balancing of the wheels is part of the tire change.
    thanks..
    Ricardo
    PS: i do not log on the forum very often, for faster response you can text me at 416-457-3714 or email at gtatireguy@gmail.com"

@ 250R-ICE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pretty impressive he can run the service at those rates between time, fuel, traffic and equipment. I think the community is lucky to have this option.

Keep in mind a bead breaker is about ~$90, a set of spoons $30, and (for the average rider) a lifetime supply of wheel weights is about $40. Making a static balance is $10 and surprisingly accurate. Or buy one of those too. If you already have an air compressor, after the 2nd set of tires you are now changing your own tires at no cost.

I had no idea this guy existed. It's pretty amazing.

I called Ricardo to do my rear brakes on the weekend and this is the second time he has worked on my bike. Ricardo is amazing; excellent customer service, knowledge and very professional. For a novice like me, the information that he provides is invaluable.

He has plans to open a shop in Scarborough soon.

Back
Top Bottom