Ontario GTA photo tag | Page 83 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario GTA photo tag

Sorry, but for whatever reason I can no longer directly upload the picture in which case you could see the sign.

As for a hint the sign to the far right says B********e Tennis Club Members Only.

going to need more hints. can't find it :/

Well, last time I checked Bowmanville isn't that big?
...explaining how their tennis club keeps such a low profile on the web. ;) Lucky for them that the older adults didn't get the expanded parking lot though...

OK - I've got it now, but it is still too far for me on an evening ride.

Last edited:
The Leaderboard returns! Tags will be recorded today and will run until Thursday, October 11.

:confused: Will iav8 defend his #1 ranking against all comers?
:confused: will Suzuki dominate the Manufacturer's Cup again, after claiming 6 of the Top-10 spots last season?

Last year was a blast!
Judging by the quality of tags in the off-season, 2012 should be an equally fun season!

Ride safely everyone.

Ontario GTA photo tag Rules .......

The rules are pretty simple...
1). Post a picture of any place in the Greater Toronto Area that you have ridden to.
2). The bike must be in the picture.
3). The place has to be somewhere anyone can safely ride to (no private property etc.), on roads (paved or gravel) no trails.
4). Show some photo clues taken along the way to the tag spot (optional).
5). The first person to post a shot of the same spot (including their bike) on this thread gets to place the next tag.
6). No old photos, must be current.

Amendment #1. The person who finds and posts a tag, must place a new tag within 3 hours of the find post or else that tag is considered void and still open.

Clarification of Rule#6 "No Old photos"
When 'tagging' a location: 'current' means the photo was taken (not just edited or Photo-shopped) after the time the challenge 'go-to' spot is posted. Simple.
When setting up a new'go-to' tag spot for others to pursue, 'current' means the photo you post was taken within approx. the last 3 months.
As a courtesy to others, ensure that the photo is indeed 'current',
eg. the business you took a photo of and posted hasn't relocated or closed up shop
eg. the farmfield you took a photo of and posted isn't now a sub-division construction zone.
Hope this helps and encourages you to snap photos of 'interesting' spots in your travels that can be shared later without necessarily sprinting all over GTA to get the shot after you've gotten a tag.
The goal is to get out riding and have fun, so don't place any tags that are impossible to find, that kinda defeats the purpose.

Boundaries:

wikiGTA6.png

Awesome! And I still owe you a call for voting on the best photo of the 2011 season. Coming soon, I promise.

IXFe, that is awesome - I am glad to hear you will be tracking the leaderboard again! I can't promise to be as active as last year, but as WW667 pointed out,
iav8 i remember you.
You competitive bastard :p
...you never know.

if you need a hint, you dont need google....

you just need GTAM
That's hilarious - I was thinking of tagging the exact spot after reading about it on GTAM... but when I got up this morning it was -4*C outside - I thought better of it. There must be some warmer weather on the way.

So far... not even Google Maps has been there! ;-p
True, but I found the location with a Google search before I posted it. The town name distorted by the windscreen is "Palgrave." That should make it easy... if not, let me know :)

True, but I found the location with a Google search before I posted it. The town name distorted by the windscreen is "Palgrave." That should make it easy... if not, let me know :)

I knew where it was... haven't had a chance to ride that far lately...

Back
Top Bottom