Ontario GTA photo tag | Page 40 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario GTA photo tag

2011-07-17165839.jpg
Nice house by a gate. Looks fit for a "king ". No rif raf or free "campus" here.

2011-07-17165839.jpg
Sorry fat thumbs equal smartphone use challenges

Old south simcoe marina bradford?
Well... it is on the "Holland Landing" side of the river. I double checked the municipal boundary before I posted. (900 Toll Rd, Queensville, according to Google maps).

It's been fun playing tennis with you this weekend sinbin, but I'm done for now...

Last edited:
Old tag: 13080 Dufferin St N.
5948514730_57a473aa2a_z.jpg

New Tag:
5948372831_b007a67441_b.jpg

What better place for a SUNSET then at the Beach.

Last edited:
What better place for a SUNSET then at the Beach.
:lol: That is where I was on Thursday night, trying to figure out that pool based on the bits of a phone number I could make out. I was thinking the same thing: what a great spot for a sunset shot! I should have taken the picture, then in stead of saving it for another tag.

Old: Sunset Beach Park, Wilcox Lake, Bethesda Sideroad & Sunset Beach Road, Richmond Hill

RichmondHill-20110718-00268.jpg

what a great spot for a sunset shot! I should have taken the picture, then in stead of saving it for another tag.

why didn't you?

Hi folks,
just thought I'd clarify Rule#6 for everyone.

6). No old photos, must be current.

When 'tagging' a location, 'current' means the photo was taken (not just edited or Photo-shopped) after the time the challenge 'go-to' spot is posted. Simple.

eg. because of this rule, my photo in post#664 taken in 2010 would NOT be a valid tag photo for the location set in post#643

Not as simple,

When setting up a 'go-to' tag spot for others to pursue, 'current' means the photo you post was taken within approx. the last 3 months.
As a courtesy to others, ensure that the photo is indeed 'current',
eg. the business you took a photo of and posted hasn't relocated or closed up shop
eg. the farmfield you took a photo of and posted isn't now a sub-division construction zone.

Hope this helps and encourages you to snap photos of 'interesting' spots in your travels that can be shared later without necessarily sprinting all over GTA to get the shot after you've gotten a tag.

Hope this helps and encourages you to snap photos of 'interesting' spots in your travels that can be shared later without necessarily sprinting all over GTA to get the shot after you've gotten a tag.
Thanks for the clarification. I was one of those who had the "take the new tag after old tag" mentality. Next time I'm out riding in the GTA & I see something interesting, I'll snag a photo or two.

Thanks for the clarification. I was one of those who had the "take the new tag after old tag" mentality. Next time I'm out riding in the GTA & I see something interesting, I'll snag a photo or two.

So far I kept the same habit as iav8 breaking this "rule" only once, however if I already had a tag in mind and the routing was shorter to snap a new tag location before the old tag location I did it that way.

This however opens up the window a little for me too.

Thanks for making it clear!

Please keep sending all your shots to the Photo of the Season 2011 contest! The photo display has been updated yesterday evening. http://gta2011contest.bearcare.ca/

oops.

Last edited:
162-AIXFeClaremontGeneralStore.jpg

Glitch in the Matrix?
Broken time-space continuum?
Photoshop?

aww you have to be kidding....

Old Tag: Claremont General Store (New One) -79.13075 x 43.97222

5956053817_82c0a20b0e_b.jpg

I checked just when I arrived at the store just to be sure I was first, went in got a drink came out and saw A.K's post (although I should have taken a closer look)... well... 3 mintues.. not again.. :(

Just Curious, what time where you there? They where just about to close (8:30) when I arrived (just myself).

New Tag:
5928803462_b6c803373e_b.jpg

Last edited:
That's not my bike, I just posted a question. The tag is yours!
LOL. i'm sure as soon as slowpoke saw that top-case he thought it was your bike or iav8's. :)
I was going to fuzz the 'CLAREMONT' but decided to leave as-is. Must've clicked once by accident. :)

We must have just missed each other! You weren't riding with someone else, were you slowpoke?

2hzsoeo.jpg

Oooooh. Where is the popcorn? This is gonna be good! IXFe I hope you have your judges robe on. If I have this story right A.K. once again re-posting a photo has somehow thrown a wrench into the gears of the GTA tag machine and actually "slowpoke" still has 2 hours to post a new location but if "just curious" posts up before that someone will be off to grab a non-certified tag and..... oooooooh this IS gonna be good.
:happy1:

Oooooh. Where is the popcorn? This is gonna be good! IXFe I hope you have your judges robe on. If I have this story right A.K. once again re-posting a photo has somehow thrown a wrench into the gears of the GTA tag machine and actually "slowpoke" still has 2 hours to post a new location but if "just curious" posts up before that someone will be off to grab a non-certified tag and..... oooooooh this IS gonna be good.
:happy1:

LOL. no drama. just curious knows he's 2nd in line and slowpoke done updated his post with the new location ...
and a Photo of the Year contestant too! Play on!

I've been swamped at work.. just checking in late in the day and trying to figure out what is going on?!?!?!??!?

BTW - another really nice shot slowpoke!

I was stuck in traffic around that tag spot earier today. I'm in the heart of the GTA with only my car & the TTC to get me around... I feel so inadequete.

Back
Top Bottom