Great deal on a great Battery Tender at Canadian Tire! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Great deal on a great Battery Tender at Canadian Tire!

VifferFun

Site Supporter
Hey Guys,

Last year I bought a CTEK "intelligent" battery tender from Canadian Tire based on rave reviews here on the forum. As far as I can tell it's a great little unit, and has a really nice quick-connect cable system that you can leave on your bike.

In case anyone is interested, they're on sale for 40% off at Canadian Tire right now! Regular $90 but now on for $54. Might as well buy one early and be ready for when winter hits :)

Enjoy!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...3300%2B3.3A%2BBattery%2BCharger.jsp?locale=en

CTEK3300.jpg

1317-CTEK-MULTI-US-3300-BATTERY-CHARGER.jpg

Thanks Viffer, I might pick one up.

No problem. I don't think you will find a better deal on this great little unit. They didn't even cheap out on the quality of the rubber coatings . . . it feels expensive :p

Last edited:
I was looking at this in the flyer this morning. Just might have to go pick one up now..

Thanks for posting Viffer...I tried waiting for a sale, but unlike most stuff at CT these days, sales on these don't come along very often, so I paid full pop last fall. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting Viffer...I tried waiting for a sale, but unlike most stuff at CT these days, sales on these don't come along very often, so I paid full pop last fall. :rolleyes:

I paid full cost last year too :(

Is this CTek charger better than a Battery Tender Jr? I think the Battery Tender Jrs go for around $40. They are both supposedly computer controlled.

The Ctek unit has a little more capability. If you just want to top up your bike batttery, the Battery Tender Junior works great. The Ctek unit has the capbility to optimize its charging pattern for the batteries of cars or bikes, and features a winter maintenance mode as well.

I've got one of each, but at the sale price, I may get another Ctek.

For those who use battery tenders, are they actually worth it? I've heard conflicting reports. The one winter I left my bike in storage I didn't put it on a tender, after a drain/recharge in the spring it was fine.

PS. Either way, thanks Viffer for the heads up!

Ya those things are baller. I know the one shop I worked at had those.

So, if I get one of these things, can I just leave my battery in my bike in the garage and this will take care of it? Or do I still need to bring the battery into the house?

For those who use battery tenders, are they actually worth it? I've heard conflicting reports. The one winter I left my bike in storage I didn't put it on a tender, after a drain/recharge in the spring it was fine.

PS. Either way, thanks Viffer for the heads up!

I'm pretty sure your battery wasn't fine. If a battery goes dead, chemical processes take place which leave sulfation on the plates. Enough sulfation and your battery is dead.

Your battery survived the winter storage, but very likely ended up with a lesser capacity then when you left it. It still starts the bike and all, but you have hastened its demise.

@blues hurler if you have a good tender, you hook it up to your battery and forget it. No need to take it inside - unless you live somewhere REALLY cold. My unheated garage has several bikes over the winter, they get hooked up to tenders and wait quietly 'till spring.

Note that the CTEK has a de-sulphation process, I've heard reports that it works. It's brought previously dead batteries back to life.

I have an automotive trickle charger, a home made trickle charger, battery tender and Canadian Tire's knock off of the CTEK. Take my word for it, at this price just pick up the CTEK and don't worry about it.

In my research, this is the charger to get, especially at this price!

Thanks for the heads up Viffer. Picked mine up today. Looks like a quality well built unit:thumbleft:

I have a little square charger that trickles in and shuts off when full.
How is this different? :confused:

I bought one today.
Went into the store to see if it was better then the one I have and it is, this one can also provide a normal charge, not just trickle.

Back
Top Bottom