We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 96 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

df8a39d213732c5c28dd00043202deee.jpg
2b9e825a63ecbcb862e88cf0fd5ee05f.jpg

Desert Eagle .50 AE aka Hand Cannon...love it, love it, love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure the use of this gun except for show . Traded my 44 mag for something small and useful .

If you enjoy it, it's useful. You didn't enjoy yours - you were wise to trade it.

Point is how many times do you enjoy it? At probably $1-2 a round ? A true safe queen . LOL

Just making an observation . I have many safe queens in affordable calibers .

Last edited:
I enjoy it every time - I may not shoot it as much as some of my others, but it's still a hoot to run through a box.
Reloading takes some of the sting out of the cost. Some of us appreciate the gun for what it is - others, it's lost on.

Sure the use of this gun except for show . Traded my 44 mag for something small and useful .

Ive actually ordered the 44 mag conversion kit for it so I can use both 44 and .50... I realize it's a hefty beast but for the time being its seeing a lot of usage....will probably end up in the safe eventually....

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

just out of curiosity, has anyone ever looked into the laws on transporting restricteds to the range in a backpack while on a motorcycle?
obviously trigger locked and a locked backpack...basically a legal transport case if it was in a car so i dont see why it on my back wouldnt be legal.

just out of curiosity, has anyone ever looked into the laws on transporting restricteds to the range in a backpack while on a motorcycle?
obviously trigger locked and a locked backpack...basically a legal transport case if it was in a car so i dont see why it on my back wouldnt be legal.

Make sure your ammo is either in another box or in a separate compartment. As long as the gun is trigger-locked and in a locked compartment of a quality backpack you should be ok. Kinda like those Voodoo tactical soft rifle bags with lockable zippers that I use for AR's.

Make sure your ammo is either in another box or in a separate compartment. As long as the gun is trigger-locked and in a locked compartment of a quality backpack you should be ok. Kinda like those Voodoo tactical soft rifle bags with lockable zippers that I use for AR's.

Where does it say that it has to be in a locked back pack?

Trigger locked, in a locked case, separate from ammunition is all I read.

is the ammo not allowed in the same case as the guns?
pistols would be trigger locked then in a locked case then in a backpack.
bigger stuff like a AR would need to be trigger locked and in the backpack, or would need a lockable sock it can go in.

make it easy, since your not in a vehicle with a trunk, same would go if in a pick up truck and the items were in the cab with you, or a SUV, not all vehicles have separate trunks.

ammo in a locked box
firearm in a locked box and trigger locked
everything in a backpack, and if you can lock it even better

and if you get pulled over, you don't even have to say what you have, same as when I got stopped for speeding, all the items were in the trunk I made no mention of it, and the cop never asked, just wrote me the speeding ticket, and I carried on to the range.

food for thought on ammo transport

Transport Your Ammunition Safely

There is no present regulation as to what is safe transport or storage of ammunition. This leaves latitude for police discretion in laying a criminal charge for unsafe storage or transport. People have been charged criminally for having loose shells in the passenger compartment, whether visible or not.
to avoid charges i urge you to store and transport all ammunition in a locked box and locked compartment to be separate from any firearm.

http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/legal_storage_and_transport.html

safe storage and transpoprt

http://www.fseso.org/sites/default/files/safestorage_e.pdf

Last edited:
^^^^^^^

What gatekeeper wrote.....plus

Here's what the law states, this is taken from the Storage, Display, Transportation and Handling of Firearms by Individuals Regulations SOR/98-209:

Transportation of Restricted Firearms

11*An individual may transport a restricted firearm only if
* (a)*it is unloaded;

* (b)*it is rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device;

* (c)*it is in a locked container that is made of an opaque material and is of such strength, construction and nature that it cannot readily be broken open or into or accidentally opened during transportation; and

* (d)*if it is in a container described in paragraph (c) that is in an unattended vehicle,
* (i)*when the vehicle is equipped with a trunk or similar compartment that can be securely locked, the container is in that trunk or compartment and the trunk or compartment is securely locked, and

* (ii)*when the vehicle is not equipped with a trunk or similar compartment that can be securely locked, the vehicle, or the part of the vehicle that contains the container, is securely locked and the container is not visible from outside the vehicle.

The following key terms are also defined:

vehicle means any conveyance that is used for transportation by water, land or air. (véhicule)

unloaded, in respect of a firearm, means that any propellant, projectile or cartridge that can be discharged from the firearm is not contained in the breech or firing chamber of the firearm nor in the cartridge magazine attached to or inserted into the firearm. (non chargée)

secure locking device means a device
* (a)*that can only be opened or released by the use of an electronic, magnetic or mechanical key or by setting the device in accordance with an alphabetical or numerical combination; and

* (b)*that, when applied to a firearm, prevents the firearm from being discharged. (dispositif de verrouillage sécuritaire)

The regulation also defines storage as:

Storage of Restricted Firearms

6*An individual may store a restricted firearm only if
* (a)*it is unloaded;

* (b)*it is
* (i)*rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device and stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

* (ii)*stored in a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked; and

* (c)*it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in
* (i)*a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

* (ii)*a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked.

Always go beyond what's required....store your ammo in a separate locked container away from the gun AND the magazine or if you don't load your own ammo, do what I do, just buy it at the range and use it at the range so that the only thing you are transporting is the restricted firearm which is locked in accordance with the requirements..

This is by no means legal advice, I'm simply giving my personal opinion on the subject.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Where does it say that it has to be in a locked back pack?

Trigger locked, in a locked case, separate from ammunition is all I read.

That's because I don't case my guns if I put them in a range bag and lock the zippers, so I extended the analogy to backpacks. As long as the guns are locked away from ammo. I never worried about transporting ammo in a super-duper extra special way. Always kept my ammo boxes inside a backpack where I also kept my stapler, basic tools and eyes/ears.

I took the unrestricted and restricted course 2 or 3 years ago but never got around to actually applying for a licence. Couldnt get my references together.

I'd probably have to retake the course at this point eh?

I just got my RPAL issued the other day... but going to hold off buying any restricteds as I am planning a long distance move soon and don't feel like dealing with the hassle... also not going to join a range here since I'm moving, so might even get a hassle buying a restricted without a current range membership.

I just got my RPAL issued the other day... but going to hold off buying any restricteds as I am planning a long distance move soon and don't feel like dealing with the hassle... also not going to join a range here since I'm moving, so might even get a hassle buying a restricted without a current range membership.

you might want to read up on the changes.....which I believe already affect you...

http://www.sydenhamsportsmen.com/wp-content/uploads/Bill-C-42-CommonSens-FirearmsLicencingAct.pdf

Back
Top Bottom