We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 95 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Other than Silverdale, what's a decent range near Oakville that allows restricteds, shotguns and rifles and doesn't have a wait list?
I'm already on a wait list for Burlington and Guelph.

Is Silverdale really the "best" range within an hour?

I'd like to find a good option before I throw down 4-500 for memberships + ATT course ********.

Firstly, which range are you referring too in Guelph?

- Galt has skeet, trap, sporting clays, rifle and hand guns as well as Archery, its open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday: http://galtsportsmensclub.com

- Triggers and Bows has Guns and Archery (both indoor), open 24/7 but does not allow Shotguns: http://www.tbshootingrange.ca

Both are excellent.

Ancaster has Hamilton Angling and Hunting Association but I have never been there, tried to call and set up a meeting but the person on the other end of the phone did not really seem eager to arrange a look and see??? I guess they must have too many people wanting to join or don't need any more membership fees....

Never been to Silverdale but have not heard many positive things about them from people who have....

Firstly, which range are you referring too in Guelph?

- Galt has skeet, trap, sporting clays, rifle and hand guns as well as Archery, its open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday: http://galtsportsmensclub.com

- Triggers and Bows has Guns and Archery (both indoor), open 24/7 but does not allow Shotguns: http://www.tbshootingrange.ca

Both are excellent.

Ancaster has Hamilton Angling and Hunting Association but I have never been there, tried to call and set up a meeting but the person on the other end of the phone did not really seem eager to arrange a look and see??? I guess they must have too many people wanting to join or don't need any more membership fees....

Never been to Silverdale but have not heard many positive things about them from people who have....

GRGC is the one I'm referring to where I'm on a wait-list.

Galt looks like a good option. Thanks!
Expensive though if you start getting into everything, but still the same as everywhere else.

Expensive though if you start getting into everything, but still the same as everywhere else.

Visit or give Galt a call on Sunday if you'd like to speak to someone about membership.

Un Restrict the AR 15

There is a petition to unrestrict the AR15 rifle. It is found at:

[FONT=Times New Roman, sans-serif] http://bit.ly/1VdFomh

This would be a great gun for coyote and wolf.
[/FONT]

LOL does anyone actually think restrictions will in any way ease in the current political climate? That petition is hilarious.

I'll be surprised if black rifles aren't all prohibited in the next 5 years.

Galt is an excellent club with excellent people. It would be my #1 option for a primary club at the moment. HAHA is a joke when it comes to management and it's Fudd-city. Ended up paying $400 for what turned out to be a single range trip and I never bothered looking into renewing my membership. Also had old dudes try to convince me to switch to 308 for competition shooting because 5.56 is only good for poodles (their words) lol

Galt is an excellent club with excellent people. It would be my #1 option for a primary club at the moment. HAHA is a joke when it comes to management and it's Fudd-city. Ended up paying $400 for what turned out to be a single range trip and I never bothered looking into renewing my membership. Also had old dudes try to convince me to switch to 308 for competition shooting because 5.56 is only good for poodles (their words) lol

How is Galt when it comes to bringing licensed guests?
That's the last thing holding me back, as my friend doesn't want to spend the cash on a membership where he'll go <5 times in a year.
Silverdale is stupid simple when it comes to that, since they do take walk-ins and all.

LOL does anyone actually think restrictions will in any way ease in the current political climate? That petition is hilarious.

I'll be surprised if black rifles aren't all prohibited in the next 5 years.

I hope you are wrong. Plus, in 5 years I am hopeful the liberals will will not have a majority after the next election. I'm not sure if they are willing to waste another $2billion resurrecting the failed gun registry. Its been gone for over a year and the streets aren't running red with blood.

As if logic ever dictated gun regulations?

They don't need a registry, reclassifications are a few keystrokes.

That's the last thing holding me back, as my friend doesn't want to spend the cash on a membership where he'll go <5 times in a year.
Silverdale is stupid simple when it comes to that, since they do take walk-ins and all.

No idea.. Used to shoot a few matches a year over there.. Always had a great time. Now, my guns are in South America. If the North Korean ISIS zombies from hell invade, all I'll have to defend myself with is a cast iron frying pan :cool:

i dont know when you got on their waiting list but i tried to have a friend bumped up on the list to take anyones spot who drops out last min of the range safety course and they said at best the next class was still 4 months away, and i think their waiting list is bigger than their member list right now.

ive been there for 5 yrs or so. great club....well maintained. just dont break any of their rules.

i dont know when you got on their waiting list but i tried to have a friend bumped up on the list to take anyones spot who drops out last min of the range safety course and they said at best the next class was still 4 months away, and i think their waiting list is bigger than their member list right now.

ive been there for 5 yrs or so. great club....well maintained. just dont break any of their rules.

I actually just got a spot for the course later this month. So I'll be signing up there hopefully!

Another dangerous black gun seized from Scarborough /sarcasm

"An assault-style ISSC Modern Sporting Mk. 22 rifle, along with 1,251 rounds of .22 calibre ammunition was found during the search.
Another 1,300 rounds of ammunition of various other calibres including 9mm, .45 calibre and .357 was also found during the search. The ammunition was bunched together in plastic bags.
Heaney said a prohibited 30 round magazine was found attached to the rifle, along with a much larger empty drum magazine capable of carrying 300 rounds."

I thought the magazine restrictions didn't apply to 22 cal?

df8a39d213732c5c28dd00043202deee.jpg
2b9e825a63ecbcb862e88cf0fd5ee05f.jpg

Desert Eagle .50 AE aka Hand Cannon...love it, love it, love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

We go to Galt every Sunday for Skeet and Sporting Clays, a lot of the guys in my group are not members and simply pay a higher price to use the facilities.

If you want to use handgun then you need to be a member and go through their handgun safety course and an additional procedure. Suggest you speak to them and find out the exact process as well as the ability to bring guests to use their handgun range.

Last edited:

They don't

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/index-eng.htm#a6

Q7. What is the maximum number of cartridges that a firearm magazine can legally hold?
A7. As set out in Criminal Code Regulations, some large-capacity magazines are prohibited regardless of the class of firearm to which the magazines are attached. As a general rule, the maximum magazine capacity is:

• 5 cartridges for most magazines designed for a semi-automatic centre-fire long gun; or
  • 10 cartridges for most handgun magazines
A large-capacity magazine is not prohibited if it has been permanently altered so that it cannot hold more than the number of cartridges allowed by law. Acceptable ways to alter a magazine are set out in the regulations.
There is no limit to the magazine capacity for semi-automatic rim-fire long guns, or for other long guns that are not semi-automatics, with some exceptions. See also Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72, Maximum Permitted Magazine Capacity.

For the record, I visited Silverdale and also became a member! I had an excellent experience there and am looking forward to using the club on a regular basis...

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom