We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 77 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

El cockblock you should check it out if you have a LTATT. I'm a member of Burlington but with their recent change to their guest policy if I want to shoot with my girls (who aren't members) I'm forced to go to Silverdale. $20 for the day gives us all a chance to shoot and makes for some fun times. The people at Silverdale are always super nice and friendly, it's too bad it's such a track from the GTA.

I wish it was closer too, I go to the Waterloo range often.

Thanks for the info

I wish it was closer too, I go to the Waterloo range often.

Thanks for the info

WCRA or Colby? I know some of the regulars down there. Great bunch :)

Colby. Very friendly people and always a great experience in their shop.

Yep... On the note of shops, definitely check out SSS http://selectshootingsupplies.com/ in Cambridge. Dean is a great guy, friendly, knowledgeable and a superb supporter of action shooting games. His prices are reasonable, too.

Do you ever do IPSC nights at Colby? What about IDPA?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Any new updates on the ranges at Target?
I never renewed my membership this year since i got tired of waiting and all their ******** timelines.

UPDATE**** As of today, Target sports is approved to shoot .223/5.56 and slugs on range B

From their post
"Also, I would like to thank everyone for their patience with the renovations. It has been trying for everyone. Due to the Canada Day holiday and a plant shutdown, the HVAC will now be installed during the week of July 20th and the new target retrieval system with dividers sometime in September…. We can see the collective light at the end of the tunnel.

However, effective today we can now shoot regular lead core .223/5.56mm in Range B as well as slugs."

Too bad I found out too late they close at 6pm today, but tomorrow Im waking up early to test out my first AR 15 build
IMG_2712_zpsqrd2g6wd.jpg

I had a blast there on Sat breaking in my new Kriss vector SBR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcEwPg-q_00&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Nice!
10.5?
What flash hider is that?

Also, why only .223?
I thought the talk was most rifle was going to be allowed. .308, 7.62, etc...

Also, why only .223?
I thought the talk was most rifle was going to be allowed. .308, 7.62, etc...

7.5" noveske barrel on my build, blast shield/brake is Fernfrans CRD

.233 is current approval more coming soon as everything is completed

very cool.
always wondered on the quality of the nea stock. how solid is it?

very cool.
always wondered on the quality of the nea stock. how solid is it?

That is the Troy PDW stock kit, I originally bought the NEA and wasn't impressed so I sold it and went with Troy. Hopefully after tomorrow I'll have a range report, but the build quality in it is very nice

That is the Troy PDW stock kit, I originally bought the NEA and wasn't impressed so I sold it and went with Troy. Hopefully after tomorrow I'll have a range report, but the build quality in it is very nice

...well that says it all about the nea's reputation of quality i guess, and supports nea's claim that their design was stolen by Troy. They look almost identical!
Hahaha

...i need to get out and put some rounds downrange. Haven't been out in almost 5months.
have my new ar build, and my new to me cz shadow to break in

Last edited:

...well that says it all about the nea's reputation of quality i guess, and supports nea's claim that their design was stolen by Troy. They look almost identical!
Hahaha

...i need to get out and put some rounds downrange. Haven't been out in almost 5months.
have my new ar build, and my new to me cz shadow to break in

It wasn't that bad, but you get what you pay for and the Troy had little things that made it a nicer option for me.
The guys on CGN where asking so I did a mini review with pictures to compare the 2 before I shipped off the NEA

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...mbly-AR-15?p=11408857&viewfull=1#post11408857

nice comparo review.
Troy def looks higher quality.

Went to a range this week and now I am hooked!. Any recommendations? Will try to get licensed this summer. Recommendations on beginner pistol and rifle?

Went to a range this week and now I am hooked!. Any recommendations? Will try to get licensed this summer. Recommendations on beginner pistol and rifle?

What do you wanna do with the pistol/rifle?

Pistol: Plinking off the line, bullseye shooting, action shooting...?
Rifle: Hunting, fast firing at the range, action shooting, precision marksmanship....?

Seems like target sports and the grange are parting ways...
More renovation delays, more useless talk and promises...
My buddy went to Silverdale and said it was great. I'm going to sign up there in january when they open membership back up.

Seems like target sports and the grange are parting ways...
More renovation delays, more useless talk and promises...
My buddy went to Silverdale and said it was great. I'm going to sign up there in january when they open membership back up.

Not too sure how them changing from Grange to Caliber for the gun club will actually affect me as a member in the future, transfer is supposed to be seamless and I don't think my renewal is supposed to go up so I dunno. Place works for me for now, even more so now that I can shoot my 5.56 there. I don't own anything bigger at the moment so Im good for now

Heres a clip of a range officer taking my new pig out for a test run, he ripped off a sweet mag dump LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPf..._comment_id=z12gut3gzxzeets2222sgh4y5zqjxrudl

Back
Top Bottom