We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 75 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Actually, I'd love to get a black powder cannon (little one) while I wait 5-ever for my PAL stuff to go through.

Just got my PAL/RPAL in the mail!

Any suggestions for a first handgun to buy?

CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow or Shadow Line.. Excellent piece of Czech steel. Gives you the best bang for the buck hands down.

CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow or Shadow Line.. Excellent piece of Czech steel. Gives you the best bang for the buck hands down.
the price on those have gone up like crazy over the last couple years. i think 4 yrs ago the SP-01 was on sale at Flhertys for $650.. now they are $900, and ive seen the Shadow line listed for $1299 at some other shops. they also use to come with 3 mags and now its just 2...additional mags are $60 a pop..

the price on those have gone up like crazy over the last couple years. i think 4 yrs ago the SP-01 was on sale at Flhertys for $650.. now they are $900, and ive seen the Shadow line listed for $1299 at some other shops. they also use to come with 3 mags and now its just 2...additional mags are $60 a pop..

Even at $900 it's still a bargain... 2 years ago, a shadow was $800, but that was when our dollar was 1:1 with the US dollar, so they didn't go up that far. You can get Tanfoglio mags in the $45 range (they run PERFECTLY in my Shadow) and I think there are some Israeli mags (Elander?) that are in the 30-something range and well-reviewed. Still the best bang for the buck. If you wanna cheap out, you can go for an M&P range kit. Good gun but doesn't come close to the Shadow.

Even at $900 it's still a bargain... 2 years ago, a shadow was $800, but that was when our dollar was 1:1 with the US dollar, so they didn't go up that far. You can get Tanfoglio mags in the $45 range (they run PERFECTLY in my Shadow) and I think there are some Israeli mags (Elander?) that are in the 30-something range and well-reviewed. Still the best bang for the buck. If you wanna cheap out, you can go for an M&P range kit. Good gun but doesn't come close to the Shadow.

ive got both. absolutely love my shadow line and the 8 or 9 OEM mags i have for it lol. got it when the CZ 75 Shadow line (no rail) was first released and i think i paid $850 for it, i think it has a 2012 date stamp on it. i know the tangfolio mags work and are apparently better than the CZ mags. the Tangfolios i think are single stacked full steel, actually able to change out the baseplates.
the M&P is a nice pistol, i got the 40. the OEM trigger is absolute crap though so i swapped it out for the aluminum Apex Tactical trigger kit with FSS. much nicer, short and smooth, but also is around $200 cnd from CTCS and i think they are the only gun shop in canada that carries apex.
i want to get the M&P40C next and a 9mm conversion barrel, the barrel will work in both my full size and compact so it kinda just makes sense to get it. if i do get it ill be putting in the apex polymer trigger, for $50 if it sucks ill upgrade it to the aluminum and FSS kit i have in my 40FS.

Last edited:

Just got my PAL/RPAL in the mail!

Any suggestions for a first handgun to buy?

I'm bias to Sig Sauer. I love my p320. I guess part of deciding what you want for your first is knowing what you want out of a gun? Are you looking for cheap to buy? Cheap to shoot? Accuracy? Easy to clean/disassemble? Sexy looking? Easy to customize? Etc

Speaking of guns, anyone been watching the Bill C-42 debates closely? Some very good legislation for gun owners. 3rd reading is in about 20 minutes in the house of commons.

You know you've been conditioned when c42 is considered 'very good' lol

well, I would say it's a step in the right direction. I'm not sure how a lot of extra paperwork for law-abiding citizens (aka, without C-42), and the RCMP does anything tangible towards reducing gun violence.

well, I would say it's a step in the right direction. I'm not sure how a lot of extra paperwork for law-abiding citizens (aka, without C-42), and the RCMP does anything tangible towards reducing gun violence.

For no minds it looks like something is being done .

Speaking of guns, anyone been watching the Bill C-42 debates closely? Some very good legislation for gun owners. 3rd reading is in about 20 minutes in the house of commons.

Throwing breadcrumbs while not really fixing anything, fundamentally.

BTW, it appears as though C-42 has passed house of commons, and is going to the senate next.

BTW, it appears as though C-42 has passed house of commons, and is going to the senate next.

Feels like Im watching that car chase in LA the other day where the guy was driving 5mph...

It's funny that the CPC privacy intrusion law C-51 was passed so quickly when it didn't have much support from the public, yet C-42 was put on the back burner for a while. I can't wait to get rid of the ATT. Next, lets get rid of the CFO in Ontario. Just another bullying power hungry bureaucrat that should be taken off the payroll.

looking to get my unrestricted firearms license...any places in or around Milton that does a Friday/Saturday course?

Anyone that says get a norc is a commie who doesn't appreciate quality workmanship

Back
Top Bottom