We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 73 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

It is and the target system is so fast and smooth I almost retrieved a target right into my face. And in each booth you can dim the lights, which is nice because my RMR reacts differently to different lighting so I can adjust it to work well with it..It was really relaxed there, I liked it.

If it wasnt so short of a shooting distance Id seriously think about being a member there. My range will be all new also so I hope its just as nice maybe even nicer, they ripped out everything and already installed a new back stop on one side. They posted some pics, but I have not seen the booths or the target system yet....In the mean time Im going anywhere I can get an invite lol

Hopefully Target is back up, and fully open with a new backstop soon!
So tired of shooting stupid expensive frangible .223.

...Plus i need to take out my new CZ SP-01 Shadow and break it in with a few hundred rds!

...Plus i need to take out my new CZ SP-01 Shadow and break it in with a few hundred rds!

Congrats! That's a great gun! Enjoy it!

Been thinking about dumping my Glock for a CZ-75 just to change things up a bit. I've been shooting Glocks so long I forgot what a good trigger feels like.

I had an SP01 before but Im thinking a regular CZ-75B might be the choice this time around. Don't need a rail and kinda want the simpler looking of the two.

Been thinking about dumping my Glock for a CZ-75 just to change things up a bit. I've been shooting Glocks so long I forgot what a good trigger feels like.

I had an SP01 before but Im thinking a regular CZ-75B might be the choice this time around. Don't need a rail and kinda want the simpler looking of the two.

99.9999% of Shadow owners don't need a rail. Don't dump the Glock, though. It's a nice gun. Why not have both ? :)

I'm a simple kinda guy. I used to keep a sizable inventory of guns but I'm just not into the hobby as much as I was before. I'm not adding stuff to the safe these days... one in, one out.

I'm a simple kinda guy. I used to keep a sizable inventory of guns but I'm just not into the hobby as much as I was before. I'm not adding stuff to the safe these days... one in, one out.

Understood.. I'm not into keeping safe queens either.. I do plan on buying a plastic pistol (most likely a Shield in 9) when I move out of Canada, but I'll use it to play IDPA with a realistic carry model, which we can't do here.

My points on Shadows still stands :) The rail doesn't add to the mechanical complexity of the pistol and a huge majority of owners ignore it.

Hopefully Target is back up, and fully open with a new backstop soon!
So tired of shooting stupid expensive frangible .223.

I was there last night buying a surefire flashlight, and I asked some questions about the range renos. They said the date they are shooting for to be complete on both sides is June. Now keep in mind that is for both sides to be completely done, as one side will be done before the other and in use.

I also asked what else will be new besides the backstop and air filtration system, and they said everything, by June they plan to have everything including the stalls and target retrieval system to be all new. They said the stalls will have bullet proof glass between each other. If your interested to see what that will look like as I was, they said the same company that is building this setup is the same company that TS's sister company used to build theirs. So if you look at pics of their other range in Calgary I believe, that is exactly what it should look like when completed.

I was there last night buying a surefire flashlight, and I asked some questions about the range renos. They said the date they are shooting for to be complete on both sides is June. Now keep in mind that is for both sides to be completely done, as one side will be done before the other and in use.

I also asked what else will be new besides the backstop and air filtration system, and they said everything, by June they plan to have everything including the stalls and target retrieval system to be all new. They said the stalls will have bullet proof glass between each other. If your interested to see what that will look like as I was, they said the same company that is building this setup is the same company that TS's sister company used to build theirs. So if you look at pics of their other range in Calgary I believe, that is exactly what it should look like when completed.

They should have the actual ranges both back up and operational within the next month. The bay upgrades (ballistic glass dividers, and target retrievers) will take a bit longer.
I'm just happy it's getting done. Been waiting YEARS for this to happen. It's just been a lot of talk up until now.

They should have the actual ranges both back up and operational within the next month. The bay upgrades (ballistic glass dividers, and target retrievers) will take a bit longer.
I'm just happy it's getting done. Been waiting YEARS for this to happen. It's just been a lot of talk up until now.

Was just there on Friday, Range A backstop is finished. Just a little disappointing that the CFO still considers both A and B one range, so they wont upgrade them for bigger calibers until both A and B are both finished. I was all exited that Id get to shoot my rifle there...

Would really love to test out my new toys for my rifle, might have to go back to Urban Tactical or Silverdale if the weather is nice in the next week or so
IMG_2588_zpsktkswszg.jpg

Question for you guys that have built AR from parts, I just ordered an upper, BCG, and barrel for my next build. If Im using high quality parts like Noveske barrel and LMT F/A BCG. What are the chances that it actually needs head spacing done? And where can I buy locally "Go and No go gauges" to check it? I've read online that if your using good quality brand name parts the head spacing is normally within spec and doesnt have to be adjusted...

99.9999% of Shadow owners don't need a rail. Don't dump the Glock, though. It's a nice gun. Why not have both ? :)

75 Shadow line, no rail better trigger.
if anyone is looking to get into IPSC ive got a holster setup with a CR speed holster and mag holders i may sell. not listed but send me a msg. it was used for the course and a couple events. looks new.

Was just there on Friday, Range A backstop is finished. Just a little disappointing that the CFO still considers both A and B one range, so they wont upgrade them for bigger calibers until both A and B are both finished. I was all exited that Id get to shoot my rifle there...

Would really love to test out my new toys for my rifle, might have to go back to Urban Tactical or Silverdale if the weather is nice in the next week or so
IMG_2588_zpsktkswszg.jpg

Question for you guys that have built AR from parts, I just ordered an upper, BCG, and barrel for my next build. If Im using high quality parts like Noveske barrel and LMT F/A BCG. What are the chances that it actually needs head spacing done? And where can I buy locally "Go and No go gauges" to check it? I've read online that if your using good quality brand name parts the head spacing is normally within spec and doesnt have to be adjusted...
if you want to test that out in guelph give me a shout(guests are free), i was at your shop at like 1 or 2 am a couple weeks ago for a master cyl, appreciate the hookup.

i built a 10.5 with a NEA barrel and BCG, Areo upper and lower, and a mix of other part from DPMS, colt and a few other things, (it was a budget build made up mostly of spare parts me and a buddy had) and i kid you not, my buddy with a real HK416 upper kn a KAC ambi lower(not mr223)has tried to buy it off me a bunch of times that thing runs like a swiss clock. never a single issue with it, and never checked headspacing.

Last edited:

75 Shadow line, no rail better trigger.
if anyone is looking to get into IPSC ive got a holster setup with a CR speed holster and mag holders i may sell. not listed but send me a msg. it was used for the course and a couple events. looks new.

if you want to test that out in guelph give me a shout(guests are free), i was at your shop at like 1 or 2 am a couple weeks ago for a master cyl, appreciate the hookup.

i built a 10.5 with a NEA barrel and BCG, Areo upper and lower, and a mix of other part from DPMS, colt and a few other things, (it was a budget build made up mostly of spare parts me and a buddy had) and i kid you not, my buddy with a real HK416 upper kn a KAC ambi lower(not mr223)has tried to buy it off me a bunch of times that thing runs like a swiss clock. never a single issue with it, and never checked headspacing.

That would be cool if you could get me a printed invite? Id love to come shoot. I have 600 rounds of 5.56 and 500 of .223 just waiting to be used.

That would be cool if you could get me a printed invite? Id love to come shoot. I have 600 rounds of 5.56 and 500 of .223 just waiting to be used.
do you need it just to call the CFO to arrange a temp ATT?
ive always had the LATT so i dont know the other process really.

Even with an LTATT if you want to go shoot at a range other then your designated one the CFO wants you to have an invite. Most ranges just have a set letter you can print off from their websites.

You can also have a member of the club you're being invited to shoot at, send you a text, inviting you to shoot on the specific day and keep the text on your phone, so you can produce it, if you should be questioned.

Even with an LTATT if you want to go shoot at a range other then your designated one the CFO wants you to have an invite. Most ranges just have a set letter you can print off from their websites.
could have sworn they got rid of he written invite requirement.
i know some LATT's use to state you need a invite, mine doesnt. it just says to and from my house and any CFO approved range from 12:01am to 12:00am or something like that for the time.. basically 24/7

with restricted, in the last year or 2 ive only been to my home range though so havent really paid much attention to the other transport rules, really had no need to.

I don't need to call, my LATT says I can go to my range or any other approved range in Ontario with a personal invite. From what I have been told It has to have my name on it and be dated. I just carry the invite printed out with my LATT, so if I get stopped I have both with me. Thats what the CFO office told me when I called to ask

I don't need to call, my LATT says I can go to my range or any other approved range in Ontario with a personal invite. From what I have been told It has to have my name on it and be dated. I just carry the invite printed out with my LATT, so if I get stopped I have both with me. Thats what the CFO office told me when I called to ask

Man those guys cant even get their stories straight. 3 people can call and get 3 completely different answers for the same question. When did the Name and Date thing come in?

This is the invite letter on the Target Sports site:

http://driveit.clickspace.com/ir/documents/6/c/d/invitation 2014 1.pdf

"We trust that this letter should satisfy the Office of Chief Firearms Officer
of Ontario"

Guys make sure you read your ATT, front and back, one side gives you the reason the other gives you the conditions.....

mine has the following

Reason : Transport to and from an approved shooting club or shooting range for target practice (for restricted firearms and prohibited handguns only)

on the other side

Conditions and destination(s):

To all approved restricted shooting rnages in Ontario as a member in good standing of that club or as an invitee of an authorized member of the host club when transporting firearms by invitation. Written proof of invitation by authorized member must be provided to CFO or Police upon request......

This ATT was issued January 2015, so it's a fairly new one, and it's different from my old one......

Please make sure you know what your ATT says.....

To JohnnyP636,,,,,,never go by what they tell you over the phone, you have your document, read it and go by it, as that is what the CFO or Police officer will have in front of him, and not what you were told on the phone.

Same as if and when you become a hunter and you are out in the field, have the Hunter regulations with you, they are printed every year, and that is the bible and that is what you follow, it don't matter what the CFO, Police or MNR say, if it's not in the regs it don't count, trust me..........and every year you get one, you read it and you have it with you.....and you follow it......

Last edited:

Guys make sure you read your ATT, front and back, one side gives you the reason the other gives you the conditions.....

mine has the following

Reason : Transport to and from an approved shooting club or shooting range for target practice (for restricted firearms and prohibited handguns only)

on the other side

Conditions and destination(s):

To all approved restricted shooting rnages in Ontario as a member in good standing of that club or as an invitee of an authorized member of the host club when transporting firearms by invitation. Written proof of invitation by authorized member must be provided to CFO or Police upon request......

This ATT was issued January 2015, so it's a fairly new one, and it's different from my old one......

Please make sure you know what your ATT says.....

To JohnnyP636,,,,,,never go by what they tell you over the phone, you have your document, read it and go by it, as that is what the CFO or Police officer will have in front of him, and not what you were told on the phone.

Same as if and when you become a hunter and you are out in the field, have the Hunter regulations with you, they are printed every year, and that is the bible and that is what you follow, it don't matter what the CFO, Police or MNR say, if it's not in the regs it don't count, trust me..........and every year you get one, you read it and you have it with you.....and you follow it......

I believe I have done what is required or above and beyond, my LATT says the exact same conditions as you posted. I called the CFO office to make sure I was doing it right because I didn't think calling the police to ask would get me anywhere fast. They told me it "should" be a personalized invite, not just a paper inviting anyone printed off a website. If that is law or not I am not positive because it does not say that in the conditions, either way having it personalized cant hurt right

So that's what I got, it wasn't that hard I went to Urban Tactical to buy a magazine, and they said to come shoot some time so I left my Email address. The guy that does the Emailing said hed Email me an invite ASAP, he forgot or was busy so I called the day before I wanted to go and he Emailed it to me right away....I believe my invite is for a 3 months, either that or only 2 days and I got the month and the day mixed up.

All this talk about invites I just might have to make it out there again tomorrow, if my invite is still good. I got lazy and didn't clean my pistols last time after shooting, so seems like a good time to shoot the rifle

Last edited:

Well it sounds like the common sense firearms bill will pass so hopefully we won't have to worry about invites in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom