We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 56 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

I didn't argue with a cop... Just discussed current events and legal issues with a fellow traveler. As far as I'm concerned, legal gun owners should do as much as they're comfortable with to present themselves as peace-loving good neighbors and law-abiding citizens who just happen to like to play with guns. Next time some wackoid decides to commit an act of violence, people we interact with will be more likely to say "This is tragic, but I know 5 people who shoot recreationally and wouldn't hurt a fly." If we don't present a positive image in the community, all they're gonna see are the cases that our bloodthirsty media establishment likes to present in order to boost their sale/advertising revenues.

I present the image any time I can. I've also introduced tons of people to the sport- many from the motorcycle community who probably went on to introduce some of you guys to the sport too :) :)

But I've also heard about enough encounters with ignorant cops that I do everything I can to minimize my interactions with them.

I present the image any time I can. I've also introduced tons of people to the sport- many from the motorcycle community who probably went on to introduce some of you guys to the sport too :) :)

But I've also heard about enough encounters with ignorant cops that I do everything I can to minimize my interactions with them.

Agreed. It's a sad fact but even if found not-guilty in court, the process of getting there can be enough of a punishment for most of us (excluding the extremely rich and the criminal element). That's why, it's a sad state of affairs, but it's prudent to minimize interactions with the law enforcement community as much as possible. One misstep by either party can cost the victim tens of thousands of dollars.

yes I did, and I am still here to tell you about it, the world did not end, the cops did not show up, no one ran and screamed "the guy has a gun"

30 seconds really.....don't tell me they are walking up behind me as I repackage it....I don't think so

please don't be the soccer mom.....

and even if they did, there is not a lot of explaining to do, I am following the law as I should be

Exactly.....

post office workers know that firearms are sent via canada post, why would they even bat an eye if one is in a package, and your prepping it for proper transport...

your not there to show the whole place the contents of what you have come to pickup

and yes you can do it discretely.....

it's a pistol, not a long gun.......

You can also legally walk around downtown toronto with a shotgun but i don't think i need to tell you how that would end.
Many years ago i had a perfectly legal firearm in my vehicle, women walks by, sticks her god damn nose into my business and calls the cops. I met half the police force that day and found out what it's like to be treated like a criminal...

Your mileage may vary, i however have learned my lesson for life.

You can also legally walk around downtown toronto with a shotgun but i don't think i need to tell you how that would end.
Many years ago i had a perfectly legal firearm in my vehicle, women walks by, sticks her god damn nose into my business and calls the cops. I met half the police force that day and found out what it's like to be treated like a criminal...

Your mileage may vary, i however have learned my lesson for life.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I unfortunately have never had that type of experience, even with a car full of ammo, rifles, pistols, and when I got pulled over, and informing the cop of what I had, he didn't even care, he was more concerned that I was speeding and was bent on giving me a ticket for that....

as for the shotgun, your right, one can, but even I wouldn't do that, unless I really had no other choice

And that's why they have those OC rallies south of the border.. To desensitize the public to lawful behavior so they stop calling 911 every time they see a person with a firearm.

So I got my LATT on Friday so I was able to make it out to the annual pumkin shoot
Here is some 9mm hollow point vs large jello filled pumkin action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDf-lqVw1hQ&list=UUXPBYfwqyq9zODpp3bJ7kuQ

I also got to experience shooting a 12 gauge shot gun for the first time, and I also got to try a CZ 75, and then I got to experience shoveling pumkin guts for 45 minutes. Lots of fun, cant wait for next year, Im going to help them make better pumkin stands, someone beside me blew one to pieces and had to pay for it......

I also won a raffle prize pack that consisted of some GLOCK and Ruger promo stuff, plus some candy!

Only down point of the day was after my first session someone snagged my loader, and because Ive been using that I suck at loading with my fingers....Go to gun shop to buy another and they are sold out, I guess thats why someone stole mine.....sigh

Almost forgot I also got these Kawasaki green tipped hollow points in my raffle win...How did they know? lol
IMG_0418_zpsb14053d4.jpg

Last edited:
Johnny the video is private cant see ****

I can't believe someone snagged your loader, not something i'd expect from gun owners

Johnny the video is private cant see ****

I can't believe someone snagged your loader, not something i'd expect from gun owners

I say stole but I believe it was an accident, almost everyone had the same loader, I assume someone beside me took it home and will realize "hey why do I have 2 loaders now". Everyone was very nice so I doubt it was on purpose

I set the video to public so try again

I say stole but I believe it was an accident, almost everyone had the same loader, I assume someone beside me took it home and will realize "hey why do I have 2 loaders now". Everyone was very nice so I doubt it was on purpose

I set the video to public so try again

Nice vid, the pumpkin didnt stand a chance lol

Anyone know whats the scoop on NEA ar15s? Was all the rage a while back, then people really started talk **** and haven't seen one for sale for quite some time....
Seemed like a nice canadian ar to me

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

I missed the NEA drama,but there was definitely something up.

Anyone know whats the scoop on NEA ar15s? Was all the rage a while back, then people really started talk **** and haven't seen one for sale for quite some time....

Saw some for sale at TS last week when I was buying my Glock

I missed the NEA drama,but there was definitely something up.

A couple NEA-15s had catastrophic failure with no injuries. CGN freaked out. NEA made shill accounts and openly lied and bashed posters as well as ATRS. They SEEM to be alright now but the finish still sucks on their overpriced rifles IMO.

A couple NEA-15s had catastrophic failure with no injuries. CGN freaked out. NEA made shill accounts and openly lied and bashed posters as well as ATRS. They SEEM to be alright now but the finish still sucks on their overpriced rifles IMO.

Catastrophic failures? Jesus, how did i miss that thread? lol
I guess i can scratch nea off the list...

Catastrophic failures? Jesus, how did i miss that thread? lol
I guess i can scratch nea off the list...

Both had the chambers fail as I recall. Blew up out the ejection port

Johnny, that's why you need to tag your loader with a paint marker or whiteout. That's what I do with all my loaders and mags (the mags also get numbered).

I ended up getting an NEA upper to run on my AR and it's perfectly fine, no complaints, but I've heard about the mess that ensued on CGN so I try to avoid them as much as possible. Still, they were the only source of reasonably-priced uppers when I REALLY needed one, ASAP.

Johnny, that's why you need to tag your loader with a paint marker or whiteout. That's what I do with all my loaders and mags (the mags also get numbered).

I ended up getting an NEA upper to run on my AR and it's perfectly fine, no complaints, but I've heard about the mess that ensued on CGN so I try to avoid them as much as possible. Still, they were the only source of reasonably-priced uppers when I REALLY needed one, ASAP.

Yup thanks I was already planning to mark my next one. I just called Alflahertys right now and they have some in stock. I don't think Sail or Lebaron will have them so I think I will have to make the drive down to Al's...

Need one for Thurs or Friday, as my parts import is showing delivery on the 6th by the end of the day, so I want to put that stuff on and get to the range ASAP to try all my new gizmos out. That and more ammo, I need to buy a lot more ammo! I have been to the range 2 times since I got my LATT and I have already shot half of the 2000 rounds of bulk I bought....Im really leaning towards a Wolf or the Custom Reloading Service Inc. bulk, they gave me a really good quote on 2000 rounds shipped

Yup thanks I was already planning to mark my next one. I just called Alflahertys right now and they have some in stock. I don't think Sail or Lebaron will have them so I think I will have to make the drive down to Al's...

Need one for Thurs or Friday, as my parts import is showing delivery on the 6th by the end of the day, so I want to put that stuff on and get to the range ASAP to try all my new gizmos out. That and more ammo, I need to buy a lot more ammo! I have been to the range 2 times since I got my LATT and I have already shot half of the 2000 rounds of bulk I bought....Im really leaning towards a Wolf or the Custom Reloading Service Inc. bulk, they gave me a really good quote on 2000 rounds shipped

Anyone have any links for barrel porting locally? Or at least in Ontario? I assume its needs to be EDM for the style I want?
m9+ports+side+-+Copy.jpg

Check with Doubletap Sports in Brampton as another option, depending on what's more convenient, not that I have any issue with Flaherty's (great shop).

Back
Top Bottom