We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 53 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

You can get lots of different 1911s in 9mm.. so if you really want one, get one. They're good guns.

I don't like the idea of owning the same guns with different caliber. I like some variety and since I'll eventually get a 1911, mind as well get an all metal frame 9mm now. I've also read that you have issues with a 9mm 1911 if you use anything less than a 124gr round.

Nice rig for your bike, too. Not sure if I'd wanna display my guns so prominently for all to see, but if that's your mode of transportation why not.

Ehh, this is a legitimate hobby and we shouldn't feel like we need to sneak around to get to the gun range. I've gone beyond what the Firearm Act requires to transport NR and R firearms with 3 different "levels" of locks. One padlock to remove the case from the bike, 4 padlocks on the case itself, and a cable lock on each firearm AND a Firearms Act placed inside the case in-case I get pulled over by an overzealous cop. The benefits of course are saving $10 per trip due to gas saving and you get to ride the bike more often! haha.

I wasn't commenting on regs, I was commenting on attention. Nice a hobby as it is, I don't advertise to anyone that I have guns... I do that for my own safety.

Thanks I am still looking for 9mm bulk, I was going to order American Eagle 115 because its the only thing I can really find in 1000 round quantity. Im just not sure if its any good, so Im hesitant to buy 1000 before I try it or get some feedback on it. Im going to order 1000 Fiocchi .45 tomorrow, I know I like that stuff because Ive shot it, its expensive but free shipping.

Hows that place for stock, if you vouch for it Id be looking at 1000? Everyone else doesn't seem to have anything but Winchester white box in 115 or 124. That is in stock locally in 50 and 100 box so I can just grab that any time, but no savings buying bulk..

He has 1000+ 147gr TMJ ready to rock, didn't ask about 124

I wasn't commenting on regs, I was commenting on attention. Nice a hobby as it is, I don't advertise to anyone that I have guns... I do that for my own safety.

I hear you man. Since moving into my apartment my range bag is a second good life fitness bag

Last edited:

I hear you man. Since moving into my apartment my range bag is a second good life fitness bag

Thanks I just sent them an Email asking for pricing and shipping costs.
I added 1000 Fiocchi .45 to my Glock 21C order today, they got my ATT today so I should get that care package by Fri hopefully....

Thanks I just sent them an Email asking for pricing and shipping costs.
I added 1000 Fiocchi .45 to my Glock 21C order today, they got my ATT today so I should get that care package by Fri hopefully....

Actually where is Canadaammo located? I might get it tomorrow as I just got an Email with tracking number.....Also had to add a coffee mug with a handgun shaped handle lol
img_2390.jpg

Actually where is Canadaammo located? I might get it tomorrow as I just got an Email with tracking number.....Also had to add a coffee mug with a handgun shaped handle lol
img_2390.jpg

CanAm is in BC, Vancouver area I think

Their site says they have a warehouse in Ontario (as well as BC) so whatever you're waiting for could've been in province already.

Their site says they have a warehouse in Ontario (as well as BC) so whatever you're waiting for could've been in province already.

All their firearms are in BC. Not sure what they've got here in Ontario

They emailed me back pretty cheap on 124 and 147, shipping is a little steep compared to free shipping from can am but I'm going to give them a try. Thinking of picking up 1000 of both 124 and 147

They emailed me back pretty cheap on 124 and 147, shipping is a little steep compared to free shipping from can am but I'm going to give them a try. Thinking of picking up 1000 of both 124 and 147

There's definitely a bit of a trade-off. What you save in buying reloads you spend on shipping since it's ammo, but you know you're getting better ammo than factory. Even buying from someone like SFRC/Wolf Bullets you end up spending the same as CRS. Canam can't be beat cause of the free shipping most times but their stock is lacking.

In any case, 115gr 9mm isn't worth buying imo.

Last edited:

I understand what you're saying, although, I am curious what you mean when you say "for your own safety"? Safety from some random person jumping you and stealing your guns? I'm a new gun owner so I'd really like to know if you had any concerns in the past that leads you to feel unsafe?

There's definitely a bit of a trade-off. What you save in buying reloads you spend on shipping since it's ammo, but you know you're getting better ammo than factory. Even buying from someone like SFRC/Wolf Bullets you end up spending the same as CRS. Canam can't be beat cause of the free shipping most times but their stock is lacking.

In any case, 115gr 9mm isn't worth buying imo.

Thats why I only bought the Fiocchi from them, I have shot that at the range and its hot loaded ammo, just really expensive at the range price of $38 + tax! Thats almost 90 cents a round, from CanAm buying 1000 with free shipping and only GST Im down to 53 cents a round.

Im not too sure about the American Eagle 115 they have in stock. They told me they expect some CCI and another brand to come in soon but cant say exactly when....

So yeah I think I'll give that stuff a try for now

Thats why I only bought the Fiocchi from them, I have shot that at the range and its hot loaded ammo, just really expensive at the range price of $38 + tax! Thats almost 90 cents a round, from CanAm buying 1000 with free shipping and only GST Im down to 53 cents a round.

Im not too sure about the American Eagle 115 they have in stock. They told me they expect some CCI and another brand to come in soon but cant say exactly when....

115gr loaded from the factory is almost always a hot powder load shooting a little bullet, which makes the muzzle on a 9mm snap up instead of push back. Not to mention the noise. Professional reloaders like CRS or Wolf Bullets take once-fired brass, and use a relatively custom powder/bullet load for improved control and accuracy.

The best ammo I've ever shot out of my CZ was Wolf 147gr TMJ, second best was American Eagle 147gr. That stuff barely even made my Shadow move. Follow up shots were ridiculously quick. There are guys even shooting 160gr 9mm bullets. That Winchester white-box 115gr bulk stuff is good ammo from a reliability standpoint, I just don't like how it feels in any of my guns.

I only buy cheapo ammo if I'm bringing someone shooting for the first time or something.

Next time my buddy is at the range with his high-speed camera I'll take a vid of the difference between bullet weights/powder charges

Last edited:

If it's CCI you are looking for, why not try trade-ex: http://www.tradeexcanada.com/produits/78
They seem to have 124gr in stock.

RedDemon, depending on where you are riding with that setup, you could be asking for a lot of un-due attention.
If you ride anywhere near the GTA you are likely to get the cops called on you, and even if you are in the right, do you want that hassle?

I have taken certain rifles on my bike, but only my takedown models. I went hunting with my 870 dissembled and in a large hiking backpack before -- rode my KLX250 up to the cabin. Went home with the 870 and some turkey breasts and legs in the same backpack.

I've got a large case that will hold 2 long guns. I get uncomfortable standing in the elevator with that thing when other people get on.

115gr loaded from the factory is almost always a hot powder load shooting a little bullet, which makes the muzzle on a 9mm snap up instead of push back. Not to mention the noise. Professional reloaders like CRS or Wolf Bullets take once-fired brass, and use a relatively custom powder/bullet load for improved control and accuracy.

The best ammo I've ever shot out of my CZ was Wolf 147gr TMJ, second best was American Eagle 147gr. That stuff barely even made my Shadow move. Follow up shots were ridiculously quick. There are guys even shooting 160gr 9mm bullets. That Winchester white-box 115gr bulk stuff is good ammo from a reliability standpoint, I just don't like how it feels in any of my guns.

I only buy cheapo ammo if I'm bringing someone shooting for the first time or something.

Next time my buddy is at the range with his high-speed camera I'll take a vid of the difference between bullet weights/powder charges

Thats why Im kinda worried about buying 1000 of something I haven't tried yet. Since you vouch for the CRS stuff and they carry both 124 and 147 in stock, I think I'll give it a shot, especially since the price is really good on 2000 rounds. Im prob gonna do 1000 of each to try

If it's CCI you are looking for, why not try trade-ex: http://www.tradeexcanada.com/produits/78
They seem to have 124gr in stock.

RedDemon, depending on where you are riding with that setup, you could be asking for a lot of un-due attention.
If you ride anywhere near the GTA you are likely to get the cops called on you, and even if you are in the right, do you want that hassle?

I have taken certain rifles on my bike, but only my takedown models. I went hunting with my 870 dissembled and in a large hiking backpack before -- rode my KLX250 up to the cabin. Went home with the 870 and some turkey breasts and legs in the same backpack.

Im not sure if I want CCI, I dont think Id want the aluminum case as I had many failures to chamber in the range guns using it in 2 different brand .40 cals. Id try the brass casings but again just not sure I want to buy 1000, would be nice if any of the local stores had some so I could just grab a box to try without having to pay for shipping

I really appreciate all the links though, as I was not able to find these places in my own searches

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying, although, I am curious what you mean when you say "for your own safety"? Safety from some random person jumping you and stealing your guns? I'm a new gun owner so I'd really like to know if you had any concerns in the past that leads you to feel unsafe?

My concern would be having the wrong types of people find out where I live and what guns I keep in the house, or that I have guns at all. The way I see it is, illegal guns are a pretty hot commodity and would be an ideal target for theft... and I'd hate to have to confront the kind of guy who breaks into a house to steal guns.

IMO it's a hobby best kept private- not because it's bad or scary (it isn't) but because there are several avenues for a gun owner to get into serious trouble with both the law and the undesirables of our society.

Back
Top Bottom