We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 51 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

I know what you mean, and more chances of a charge being laid with a TO cop or Sauga cop, but one out in god's country have better smarts and would not more than likely even bat an eye....here in the city, they would probably shoot you first anyways.....

I was pulled over on my way to my range, never was I asked about the ammo in plain sight in my vehicle or the firearms I was transporting, even after I told him that I do have firearms with me and I am on my way to the range.....on Hwy10 just before Orangeville, see what I mean...

Cops throw a crap load of charges at you and hope and pray something will stick....

That is why I dont mind going the extra step just to be safe, I would be driving through both Mississauga and Toronto...

And I hear the argument all the time about "that charge will never stick" but when your dealing with a criminal code charge, since you cant represent yourself and have to dish out lots of money for a lawyer. Just getting charged is a loss in itself, of money and time...So Id rather try my best to avoid that with a $20 box and a $5 lock

That is why I dont mind going the extra step just to be safe, I would be driving through both Mississauga and Toronto...

And I hear the argument all the time about "that charge will never stick" but when your dealing with a criminal code charge, since you cant represent yourself and have to dish out lots of money for a lawyer. Just getting charged is a loss in itself, of money and time...So Id rather try my best to avoid that with a $20 box and a $5 lock

and part of our problems....we all conform like sheeple.....

may you always carry a box and lock in your vehicle, cause if you don't and you see ammo on sale, I guess your not going to get it, for fear of getting charged.....and make sure you have it with you when you go and buy some, that paper bag just won't cut it....

I'll take my chance and continue the way I have, it's been a non issue so far....

Order online, tell me if they ship it to you in a locked container....LOL

Last time I ordered from WOLF it came in cardboard boxes and wrapped in plastic, all 4 thousand rounds......then from the shop it was in my car and home it came....

we all do what we are comfortable with

Johnny, have you gotten the rest of your parts, how are your builds going.....

may you always carry a box and lock in your vehicle, cause if you don't and you see ammo on sale, I guess your not going to get it, for fear of getting charged.....and make sure you have it with you when you go and buy some, that paper bag just won't cut it....

I'll take my chance and continue the way I have, it's been a non issue so far....

Last time I ordered from WOLF it came in cardboard boxes and wrapped in plastic, all 4 thousand rounds......then from the shop it was in my car and home it came....

Johnny, have you gotten the rest of your parts, how are your builds going.....

With my luck I havent been pulled over in years, but as soon as I go to the range for the first time I will get pulled over...Personally I dont see the big hassle of getting a plastic ammo case, I prefer it anyways even if its not law and I dont lock it. Its just handy to have a box to carry the ammo in, its not like its a $200 box, Im talking a $20 investment here. From store to home Im not really worried, or online ordering as that is not my problem how they ship it to me....

I got an Email from IRUNGUNS saying the US defense system was compromised, and because of that there is a back log on all exports :( Other then that they said my first order is packed and ready to ship as soon as they catch up on the back log this problem has caused...Kinda ****** deal!

I have 2 more on order as well now, but those are going to take a month or 2 to build. I ordered a complete G19, with silicone carbide frame grip molded into the frame, and some other frame mods to the grip and trigger guard( back strap reduction and double under cut). custom slide, barrel, trigger, etc etc.. I have another G 17 frame on order with the same grip mods but just the frame, so I can swap it out for the OEM frame. Then I will have a completely stock G17 and G19 and completely modded ones. And I just placed an order for G21 parts as well, they dont have frames or slides for the big frame glocks. So just barrel, trigger kit, and little accessories like mag release etc....

Thats it for the Glocks I promise myself thats the last one Im buying, from here on out I plan to move onto something else. Most likely a Tanfoglio, but Id really like to be able to shoot a CZ or STI before I make that purchase

Last edited:
Are restricted transfers fast these days?

Just buy a used CZ, shoot it, and sell it if you don't like it. You'll probably end up doing this with a lot of your guns, and when you buy them used in the first place, you generally don't lose any money at all. Every used gun I've ever bought from CGN was as-new.

I hear you. I do pretty much the same. My point was that there are in fact laws in place concerning transport/storage of ammo where a charge can be laid by cop with a chip on his/her shoulder and much grief to be had.

Are restricted transfers fast these days?

Just buy a used CZ, shoot it, and sell it if you don't like it. You'll probably end up doing this with a lot of your guns, and when you buy them used in the first place, you generally don't lose any money at all. Every used gun I've ever bought from CGN was as-new.

How do I get into the EE on CGN again? I don't have access yet, I have a problem with online shopping, so I like to go on websites and just click click click and a package is on the way. Im a little iffy about buying a firearm without seeing in person, or at least being able to put the same model in my hand before buying it for cheaper online.

My Polish friend keeps sending me links to Gunbroker, anyone ever buy anything off there?

My Snapon guy shoots STI's, but he shoots open so they are really heavily modified and start as a $7000 pistol to begin. I have not seen him since I got my lic, but Im hoping he will let me shoot some of this stuff when I do get to see him. All I did was mention his name at the range and his fellow competitor let me shoot his Tanfoglio, so Im hopeful. CZ same deal, lots of people have them, so I think if I let someone shoot my $3000 Glock they will let me try their CZ one day at the range. Im going to go on Tues nights to watch the IPSC practice, as I should find all those types of guns there on that night...And try to make some friends LOL

EE access

BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER, You must read Fraud and Bad Deals Awareness

After you have completed reading the above and thoroughly understand the guidelines:

1. Make a short introduction post here if you have not done so: (click the link)Greeting and Introduction Forum;
2. Make sure you take a second to fill in your profile;
3. Click here Group Membership;
4. Select Join Group for the group Equipment Exchange Users Group;
5. Click Send

Equipment Exchange approval may normally take up to 5 working days, and in summer/holiday seasons, up to 10 working days to complete. We reserve the right to approve and deny applications. We will not approve EE applications for those who are outside of Canada or use proxies/anonymizer to access CGN.
By doing so, you are agreed to have a clear understanding to the above rules and condition; Please Note: Failure to comply with these rules may result in temporary or permanent suspension of a member's Equipment Exchange privleges. Thank you for your co-operation.

I've bought dozens of firearms on CGN; never a bad deal.

Another question about ammo, specifically reloading ammo. Since you do not need an ATT for ammo, is it legal for me to keep ammo or specifically repack ammo outside of my home? I have been thinking of eventually getting into packing my own, but I would much prefer to setup the equipment at my work. Is that legal? Or would I only legally be able to do this at my home address?

Also does anyone have any good websites, videos or books they suggest for learning how to pack ammo? And also any suggestions on a good set of equipment for it?

you don't need an ATT but you do need to have a firearms license.....you cannot buy ammo or the parts to make ammo without it, powder is the one that will require a firearms license for sure....

more or less do it where you want

http://firearmslaw.ca/gun-law-resources/firearms-legislation/explosives-act/

The Regulations also address the issue of reloading (or hand loading) cartridges at s. 35 (Part IV):
35. Any person may, in respect of safety cartridges, load at a place other than a licensed factory if
(a) the loaded safety cartridges are not for sale or for any commercial, industrial or business use;
(b) the explosive used to load the cartridges is kept or stored in accordance with the provisions of Part XIII;
(c) not more than two kilograms of explosives, other than safety cartridges, are kept in the place;
Accordingly, reloading is perfectly legal as long as the storage and handling requirements of the Explosives Act (and Regulations) are followed.

Good books you can find at LeBarons, or most other stores that cater to our sport

Equipment is like asking what is the best bike, everyone has an opinion, I had RCBS and Lyman stuff, both were good, I did not have anything fancy or the full automatic stations, we never reloaded that much, for long range precision shooting one is not producing hundreds of rounds as your always tweaking it a bit, hotter load, lighter load and so on

If your going to reload just so you can blast away a few hundred rounds at the range and your not after true accuracy, get the auto loaders and crank em out as fast as you can.....

have fun and be safe

[video=youtube;1zSG804HwVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSG804HwVk[/video]

Last edited:
more or less do it where you want

http://firearmslaw.ca/gun-law-resources/firearms-legislation/explosives-act/

Good books you can find at LeBarons, or most other stores that cater to our sport

Equipment is like asking what is the best bike, everyone has an opinion, I had RCBS and Lyman stuff, both were good, I did not have anything fancy or the full automatic stations, we never reloaded that much, for long range precision shooting one is not producing hundreds of rounds as your always tweaking it a bit, hotter load, lighter load and so on

If your going to reload just so you can blast away a few hundred rounds at the range and your not after true accuracy, get the auto loaders and crank em out as fast as you can.....

have fun and be safe

At first it would be just for the sake of being able to blast away and pack ammo while I watch movies at my shop, but I would buy with the eventuality of packing for competition. The guy whos Tanfoglio I tried said his gun shoots 147 gr the best, and he packs his own, I can barely find any ammo that isnt 115gn. I saw another guy there doing precision and he had ammo he packed different ways, he would shot each and then take notes. I dont think I would get that crazy, he even had a little soccer net setup to catch only his casings.LOL Looked cool and all, but I dont think I have enough patience for that

one more

[video=youtube;myWzKqGxy-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWzKqGxy-4[/video]

and there are many many more

Thanks I just like to ask on here first, because on Youtube you get all kinds. And some just give out bad info or are biased to one brand or way of doing things...I have a digital vernier caliper so thats one off the list...

His machine was $200! damn I was looking at a $850 mahine

Last edited:
The first video I think I recognize the guys voice from other videos, he has a pawn and gun shop. I like some of his vids!

At first it would be just for the sake of being able to blast away and pack ammo while I watch movies at my shop, but I would buy with the eventuality of packing for competition. The guy whos Tanfoglio I tried said his gun shoots 147 gr the best, and he packs his own, I can barely find any ammo that isnt 115gn. I saw another guy there doing precision and he had ammo he packed different ways, he would shot each and then take notes. I dont think I would get that crazy, he even had a little soccer net setup to catch only his casings.LOL Looked cool and all, but I dont think I have enough patience for that

you are reffering to the weight of the bullet, but there is also how much powder you load up in each casing, always start at the manufacturers suggested amount of powder then you can go up or down, but you only go by small increments, if you go too high you will blow the casings and you can damage your gun and also hurt yourself

you have to look at stuff like this

http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/default.asp?Caliber=9+mm&Weight=All&type=Handgun

I would go to the range with 50 rounds, 5 rounds of a particular weight, load etc, and you take notes on each, and you find what your rifle/pistol likes and when you have that magical recipe you make that, as you know it works best for you....and only you in most cases....

it's enough to make your head spin until you find the right formula.....

I wish I could find the picture, my best reload for my 308, got me 3 shots at a hundred yards and I could cover the 3 shots with a dime, that is how close together they were to each other...

with this one, my son put 5 one on top of another at 50 yards, this one is a tack driver...LOL

Last edited:
you are reffering to the weight of the bullet, but there is also how much powder you load up in each casing, always start at the manufacturers suggested amount of powder then you can go up or down, but you only go by small increments, if you go too high you will blow the casings and you can damage your gun and also hurt yourself

you have to look at stuff like this

http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/default.asp?Caliber=9+mm&Weight=All&type=Handgun

I would go to the range with 50 rounds, 5 rounds of a particular weight, load etc, and you take notes on each, and you find what your rifle/pistol likes and when you have that magical recipe you make that, as you know it works best for you....and only you in most cases....

it's enough to make your head spin until you find the right formula.....

I wish I could find the picture, my best reload for my 308, got me 3 shots at a hundred yards and I could cover the 3 shots with a dime, that is how close together they were to each other...

Yes but my point is he said his shoots best with a certain bullet gn, and he found that out by trying different types....Not every gun will shoot optimally with the same type of bullet...And so he packs his own the way he found works best...

Id like to try other types also, but like I said I cant find any for sale. Sure the site has them listed, but nothing in stock other then Winchester or Federal 115

So it seems the key is packing your own

I know its dangerous if you dont know what your doing, when I was young I was playing with nails and a hammer. Someone tossed in some loose ramset casings into the bucket of nails, being young and stupid I hit one with a hammer. And it blew open my wrist, almost killed me, I was lucky it went right between my main veins in my wrist, otherwise I probably wouldnt have made it to the hospital...That was over 20 years ago and I still have a scar on my wrist from the stitches. Ramset is like a .22 with no projectile so that was just the blast that blew my wrist open

Last edited:
yup, agree....

just keep in mind, unless your going to shoot a lot, it might not be worth your time and money to setup for reloading, when we stopped long range shooting, we stopped reloading as well

you can find good store bought ammo as well, when it's available....

I just realized that on canadaammo you can still buy 1000 rounds and get a better price. You just have to click on the listing for the 50 boxs and in the drop down menu select 1000. It gets cheaper you just get 20x50 boxs

ANYONE have any CCI Mini-Mag .22LR to spare?? I just want to try a box and see if it works well in my Rem 597

What clubs do you guys go to? Every club that I called around the gta has a waiting list. I was thinking Barrie would be the most practical since its on my way to the cottage but it seems far if I want to blow thru a few rounds after work one evening.

Back
Top Bottom