We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 41 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

I am happy for the guy, I wish more of us could do it, I am just saying, there is a lot involved to have one done and approved, I even went to one range that was actually approved and used by a private citizen, and it was actually in his basement, not for rifle, just for handgun......that was way cool....

In brampton by chance?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Where's the cheapest place to get 100 rounds of 00 buck? I cant even find boxes of 5 at my local CT or WM.

Where's the cheapest place to get 100 rounds of 00 buck? I cant even find boxes of 5 at my local CT or WM.

Not sure about the cheapest, but Lemorons and Fail always carry a good selection. That's where I'd look first. Another option to check out is the ammo souce.

You gotta REALLY focus on the fundamentals of proper marksmanship... With hard-kicking slugs, it really pays off to make sure your shotty's properly supported (don't neglect the cheek weld). I can get pretty good accuracy out of slugs (bead+fiberoptic, no ghost rings or optics) and I'm not a highly experienced shotgun shooter. Of course, make sure to take your time.

It also doesn't hurt to have a well made firearm. I posted this 2-shot group using Challenger rifled slugs at 25 metres -- the first two shots ever fired from the gun: a Brno model 802, 30-06 over 12 gauge.

5947590346_199951bfde_o.jpg

Last edited:

"2 shot group" yeah lol

At 25 meters with a rifle you'd better be 'grouping' that good! ;)

"2 shot group" yeah lol

On a side-note, there is an unexplained 0.73" hole in the target backer just off paper :cool:

"2 shot group" yeah lol

Not so easy with a shotgun firing full power slugs! And, a single shot shotgun to boot! :)

On a side-note, there is an unexplained 0.73" hole in the target backer just off paper :cool:

Um, yeah, it's called remove target, walk target over to back table, photograph target. Are you questioning my honesty? :)

I recently discovered I'm a Glock guy. 100rds of "conditioning" on my new to me NYPD refurb and I can pull a toonie sized group at 50feet. I think I'm gonna run the G17 in production IPSC

Last edited:

I recently discovered I'm a Glock guy. 100rds of "conditioning" on my new to me NYPD refurb and I can pull a toonie sized group at 50feet. I think I'm gonna run the G17 in production IPSC

What kind of handgun guy were you before?

These toys are worse then bike parts buying habbit, I got 2 packages today one from ZEV with a Glock gen4 conversion SS recoil rode and 2 springs. And one from Cerakote, I was happy about that till the UPS guy said $99 owing on the Cerkote package...$33 and change tax, $58 brokerage....Those fags in those brown short shorts still robbing people on brokerage fees.....Too lazy today so I just paid the theif

Gonna attempt cerakote yourself? Post results.

^ which range? Im still homeless.. Silverdale is too ****** now I'm not renewing.

Yes i am a big gun nut. I use to travel around and do pistol compations. Idpa ipsc ppc i have my black badge course. This was pre wife and kids now it,s just using the .22 in the back yard.

Gonna attempt cerakote yourself? Post results.

Not attempt..... Im pretty confident that Im going to do Cerakoting, I have a powder coating business so besides the Cerkote product and the $250 spray gun I bought I already have the equipment needed to do Cerkoting. Its very similar to the powder coating process, just goes on like paint instead of a powder, and a much longer baking time at lower temp.

I am machining my Glock slide to accept a RMR, and I am also going to add some lightening windows on the front. After that I want to coat it black, I asked some gun shops and they had no suggestions for anyone local to do Cerakote or any other gun coating...Actually they ask me to bring cards and samples when I mention that I would buy the stuff and start doing it myself.

So my own gun will be the guinea pig, I will post pictures on here of both the machining process and the coating for anyone that is interested.

Last edited:

Would you be interested in machining rails off an AR15 upper and then cerakoting the thing black? ;) Do mine as a guinea pig and then advertise the service on CGN.

I had a guy near Ottawa cerakote my knife recently... he was the only guy in the province. Decent work, but prep probably could've been better. Your attention to detail would earn you business, no doubt about it.

Would you be interested in machining rails off an AR15 upper and then cerakoting the thing black? ;) Do mine as a guinea pig and then advertise the service on CGN.

I had a guy near Ottawa cerakote my knife recently... he was the only guy in the province. Decent work, but prep probably could've been better. Your attention to detail would earn you business, no doubt about it.

It always all starts with the prep, cut corners from the start and you will not get a good finish in paint, powder or ceramic coating....I can see gun parts needing a lot of pre baking to drive out the oils and greases that find their way into the inner channels of the parts.

Id say Im pretty decent at painting with a spray gun or spray can, so I'll see how it goes. Flat pieces are obviously easy, but will be a challenge to coat some of the more complex pieces without getting over spray or under spray.

Does your AR machining require CNC? And is it made of aluminum? Send me a pic of what your looking to have done so I can understand the machining required, if its something I think I could do or have one of my machinest friends do for you for a good price then sure Im in...

I didn't want to buy too much for my first order before I work the bugs out, so I got some Graphite black, Armor black, FDE, Desert tan, and Zombie green. Doesnt sound like much but the small bottle of each costs $35 US + shipping and tax/import....Looks like I got nothing here and it cost around $350, I also ordered their brochures so I have charts with all of their available colors on them. It seems like there is ways to manipulate the colors gloss levels with how much hardener you add, so its going to take some playing with to see how this stuff comes out depending on how you mix it

Last edited:

Don't have a photo of mine handy but just picture this same thing, machining off the entire length of the two side rails to a flat surface. Maybe adding some lightening windows would be cool too... experiment to make it look nice and shed some weight. My goal is to make the upper physically slimmer.

Yes its all aluminum. I have no idea if it would require CNC, I seriously doubt it... its just milling in one axis on a flat surface. Im not machinist though. Something tells me this could also be done on a table saw with a vice and a steady hand but thats just Hillbilly Joe butchering ;)

e0e65a8ac10fe5c235f98c03111d2508.jpg

removing them all, like so

picrail-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom