We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Nice; I have "a few" and love each of them! As for the Hatsan... I'd be interested in hearing a "range report".
It appears from the photo that the SKS has an arsenal refurbished parkerized finish. If so, that makes it particularly desireable.

10682234153_6db13b1508_b.jpg

9473373711_7142e8f42e_c.jpg

you seem to be missing a few trigger locks in that cabinet of yours......not being a gun nazi.......just saying....

you seem to be missing a few trigger locks in that cabinet of yours......not being a gun nazi.......just saying....

Trigger locks are not required for firearms that are stored in a purpose-built gun safe, such as the one in the picture.

I am both reg force and reservist alumni, and yes, either qualify you for the reduced membership fee. Just remember, there's a reason why they value current and former members of the military -- discipline and respectability!

Good to know.

And which branch / units?

Anyone know the current "approx" wait times for applications once the people at Miramichi get their hands on them?

I am both reg force and reservist alumni, and yes, either qualify you for the reduced membership fee. Just remember, there's a reason why they value current and former members of the military -- discipline and respectability!

Is this Canada specific or any military force ie; USA/Australia/British etc?

Anyone know the current "approx" wait times for applications once the people at Miramichi get their hands on them?

Short answer; months.

You can speed the process up a bit by calling to inquire about the status of your application (wait a couple of weeks after your credit card gets charged). You can get your file number and phone number to call and pass those off to your references who can call in for the interview rather than wait for the Mounties to get around to calling them.

Trigger locks are not required for firearms that are stored in a purpose-built gun safe, such as the one in the picture.

Sorry, what I see certainly does not look like a safe, therefore those firearms are not stored properly......as from what I see in that picture looks to be a gun cabinet.

Sorry, what I see certainly does not look like a safe, therefore those firearms are not stored properly......as from what I see in that picture looks to be a gun cabinet.

On closer inspection, I agree that it is likely in fact, simply a cabinet. However, as they appear to all be non-restricted firearms, locked in a "cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into" is suffice... still no trigger locks required.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

Last edited:

On closer inspection, I agree that it is likely in fact, simply a cabinet. However, as they appear to all be non-restricted firearms, locked in a "cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into" is suffice... still no trigger locks required.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

correct....

we just don't know if the cabinet is lockable or not.....and if not ammo should not be in there....

correct....

we just don't know if the cabinet is lockable or not.....and if not ammo should not be in there....

And yet you're calling him out and saying his guns are not being stored properly;

I'll go further and wager a beer on the fact that it's a Stack On Gun Cabinet, which has an internal locking system. I'll even go so far as to suggest it's likely their 10 Gun Cabinet (http://www.stack-on.com/categories/security-cabinets-gun-cabinets/products/68).

I didn't think or want this to turn into an internet argument and now Triple can set the record straight as to if you're a correct or incorrect gun-nazi.

I could care less, I won't be asking him to turn over his firearms collection.....

I just saw something, thought I would point it out, in case it was wrong and it could be corrected

we all have to deal with our own mistakes when and if we make them....

and my non restricted firearms all are in a closet,,,,,,but all are trigger locked....and in a locked gun case

Mine was about 45 days, door to door.

It probaby is then. Nothing wrong with that. Very durable stuff. :)

Bought it fron CT for $199, cleaned it, added the 5/20 mag. Will have to check the finish more closely!

Mine was about 45 days, door to door.

The instructor said pretty much the same but ive heard of some horror stories of 6months+

Wow! When was that???
It was december/January. That 45 days even had xmas and new years in there

Last edited:

I've also noticed that CFO Ontario restricted transfers are lightning fast today compared to a year or two ago. Transfers are being done within 1-3 days. Guess they got their **** together.

My friend; They are locked in a secure gun cabinet, and then locked in a secured gun room (with a 20 minute solid fire door and high end 1 inch deadbolt + alarm)! I am, infact, exceeding all storage rules!
just sayin' ;)

Good to know.

And which branch / units?

11 fd Regt, RCA (Hamilton, Guelph)
Maritime Surface and Sub-surface Officer (Halifax)

Out now. Good times. Good memories.

Back
Top Bottom