We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

I shoopity shoppity.

I shoot. Part of OSGC.

You can get a temp ATT its just a phone call away, and they'll email it to you in minutes.

"I'm in the process of joining a range but need a temp att to test out my gun"

Regarding Silverdale specifically, maybe they changed their rules..but I don't see why they wouldn't allow restricted guns for walk-ins. They have before.

If you don't have a current and valid long-term ATT, the CFO will not issue a short-term ATT to you to go a range you are not a member of, unless you have a written invitation from that range.
However, under the CFO's rules, that range will not issue you such an invitation unless you are already a bono fide member of another club already.

This is the CFO's way of giving restricted gun owners the middle finger, to make sure that they dish out $300 to $600 a year to stay active with their hobby.

I recently purchased a handgun (S&W M+P9) but I'm having difficulty trying to find a place close by to shoot, I'm in Etobicoke btw

I can bring somebody as a guest to HAHA (Hamilton). I usually shoot my antiques or rifles on Sunday.

Thinking of a membership to Silverdale to keep myself happy in the summer, anyone shoot there?

Thinking of a membership to Silverdale to keep myself happy in the summer, anyone shoot there?

I've been going there on guest passes, but this year I am considering getting a membership -- especially since I found out that their military discount also applies to ex-military -- $200 a year is pretty hard to beat anywhere in this province as far as I know.

It also looks like guests will now have to pay $30 per visit and will only be able to use the metric range (40,60,100m) and trap... 200 yard gong will be out for non-members unless you go between Sept and Nov..

I was gonna, but got lucky with OSGC. Now I can't live without a gong at 300m in my life.

Well that sucks. Guess I'm not going there this year.

I've been going there on guest passes, but this year I am considering getting a membership -- especially since I found out that their military discount also applies to ex-military -- $200 a year is pretty hard to beat anywhere in this province as far as I know.

It also looks like guests will now have to pay $30 per visit and will only be able to use the metric range (40,60,100m) and trap... 200 yard gong will be out for non-members unless you go between Sept and Nov..

I was gonna, but got lucky with OSGC. Now I can't live without a gong at 300m in my life.

what's it take to get a friendly invite? never shot a gong before but i've got a 3 gun ar that needs to stretch it's legs

Well that sucks. Guess I'm not going there this year.

If I get a membership there, you can accompany me and they only charge you $20 and I believe you'd then be able to use any range.

Otherwise, I guess crown land it is. I've mapped out a few areas of crown land that border roads if you want to strap a gun to your bike and do some exploring this summer. I might even take my 10/22 TD for a ride this coming weekend and see what I can find if you are up for a ride.

I sold my 300 Win Mag to fund the purchase of my bike. It was sad...but the bike made up for it. I still have my SKS in case of zombie attack.

If I get a membership there, you can accompany me and they only charge you $20 and I believe you'd then be able to use any range.

Otherwise, I guess crown land it is. I've mapped out a few areas of crown land that border roads if you want to strap a gun to your bike and do some exploring this summer. I might even take my 10/22 TD for a ride this coming weekend and see what I can find if you are up for a ride.

$350 one-time fee +250 a year? Ouch...

It hurt like hell but their facilities were exactly what I was hoping for. Heated rifle range woulda been nice, but you can't win 'em all.

Yeah, that is way too steep for me.

What I was referring to is Silverdale which I believe is $300 a year or $200 a year for military, ex-military, etc... and as far as I know there is no initiation fee etc, unless you have to take their 'special' courses if you want to bring a hand gun there. I don't have any restricteds so that would not be an issue for me.

Yeah, that is way too steep for me. What I was referring to is Silverdale which I believe is $300 a year or $200 a year for military, ex-military, etc... and as far as I know there is no initiation fee etc, unless you have to take their 'special' courses if you want to bring a hand gun there. I don't have any restricteds so that would not be an issue for me.
If you have no restricted firearms, why belong to a club, hit the crown lands and go shoot for free, anytime you want.....or go to Silverdale on the days you really want to hit a range pay the 20-30 bucks and blast away...... heck of a lot cheaper..... if I didn't have restricted firearms, I would not join any club, plenty of places close by to go and shoot....... just my nickels worth..... .

If you have no restricted firearms, why belong to a club, hit the crown lands and go shoot for free, anytime you want

And where exactly can you do this? Just getting back into shooting after a long break (due to gun law changes in the 90's) and I'm only used to restricted (some of my previous guns are now prohibited) rules.

And where exactly can you do this? Just getting back into shooting after a long break (due to gun law changes in the 90's) and I'm only used to restricted (some of my previous guns are now prohibited) rules.
Crown land, or friends farm, or a rock pit, anywhere your allowed to discharge a firearm.... if you have prohibited guns, and not a prohibited license you have bigger issues.... .

Crown land, or friends farm, or a rock pit, anywhere your allowed to discharge a firearm.... if you have prohibited guns, and not a prohibited license you have bigger issues.... .

I'm curious about the Crown land bit. As for the prohib guns, I meant the guns I got rid of.

If you understood what he was probably referring to you'd realize that you have exactly the same "bigger issues" as he does.

Hint: they are after yours as well, you just don't appear to know it.....

Depends what guns...the cz and swiss arms lineup just got axed and there is an amnesty in place for owners

Back
Top Bottom