We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

IMG_07521_zpse8de0a21.jpg

Nice coyote rifle! I use a custom made Mauser 98 small-ring lightweight sporter chambered in 7x57... laser trajectory to at least 300 yards, comfortable recoil, and well... destructive. :)

Two 7x57 Mausers:
Custom Mauser 98 sporter, built on a very rare small-ring FN98 action. Topped with a vintage Nickel-Marburg 2.5x scope
FN model 1930 military Mauser (Venezuelan "short rifle") -- original, matching, only 20 rounds fired

6488558911_192f610fd4_b.jpg

Been busting my *** trying to find a club with a decent rifle range to become a member at... most are either full or way too far.

Oshawa Skeet and Gun club looks perfect, but full.

Gonna try at Borden, but no guarantees they'll bite. (I would give my first born child for an hour on the 1000m range)

Firestart says use Silverdale till HAHA opens up... might do that.. might try Barrie or BDHACC until then.

Been busting my *** trying to find a club with a decent rifle range to become a member at... most are either full or way too far.

Oshawa Skeet and Gun club looks perfect, but full.

Gonna try at Borden, but no guarantees they'll bite. (I would give my first born child for an hour on the 1000m range)

Firestart says use Silverdale till HAHA opens up... might do that.. might try Barrie or BDHACC until then.
Come to Aurora:)

Come to Aurora:)

Don't they have like a 25m range? I need me triple digits! 200-300 meters would be perfect for me, but I'll settle for 100

I don't have an RPAL (yet) so only long guns.. and shooting them at 25m isn't worth the hefty membership fee :(

Don't they have like a 25m range? I need me triple digits! 200-300 meters would be perfect for me, but I'll settle for 100

I don't have an RPAL (yet) so only long guns.. and shooting them at 25m isn't worth the hefty membership fee :(

Pretty sure they have an out door range too.

Website says 50m outdoor range for archery. No love for me
Weird I'll ask next time I go cause, I'm pretty sure when I was doing my safety training they said they do skeet shooting out there.

skeet shooting is done over a field, not an actual gun range. With a decent scope and rifle even 200m becomes boring, 1k range, oooh boy i'd love that, i'd even enjoy 500m. I gotta go up north to that place I found.....yuup.

With a decent scope and rifle even 200m becomes boring, 1k range, oooh boy i'd love that, i'd even enjoy 500m.

It's why I am sad that Oshawa isn't accepting members... comparatively close, with a 300m range and reasonable rates.

Looks like Borden only lets club members use the 100m range, not the longer stuff. I'll verify that when I apply, though

I gotta go up north to that place I found.....yuup.

:agave:

So, did you get into Borden?

I'm curious to know what ranges they have open to the public.

We can run every range here in Meaford but only on set days, IE: if there is enough interest we run a 1400M range for the big guns.

So... what are the actual regulations with regards to transporting a weapon on a bike? (yes, i'm little lazy to read the actual law) plus interested in the practical matters

I received many firearm by canada post, its 100% legal!

I own 9 firearms, the older one is from 1906, the most recent one is a cz-858.

I'm looking at the CZ also. NR and you can get some nice looking add-ons for it. Wanna sell my AR style 5.56 and get the CZ. Norinco M305 is a good deal also.

I owned firearms for many years now. Glocks, .44 mag, SA rifles, pump shotgun, and I've sold some of my stuff. I also reload all my pistol ammo. I like the CZ858, next purchase:cool:

Last edited:
Did you try..... http://www.barriegunclub.org/ ?

They are between Angus and Barrie on Pinegrove Rd. Don't know anything about them but they look like a good club. ISPC, Cowboy, Archery, handgun, rifle, skeet etc.

Yep, considering them as well, though I am just interested in the rifle range and I think theirs is only 100 or 150 yards. I could get into Barrie District Hunters and Anglers Conservation Club (BDHACC) for a lot cheaper than Barrie Gun Club for the same range.

Oshawa Skeet and Gun has the best location and facilities for me (up to 300m range) so I might just do Silverdale until they open membership up.. though that could be quite a wait I suppose

Yea, can't you just go to Silverdale for $20 a day or something like that?

If you don't want to shoot R-guns you don't need an ATT from a club so it's easier to go there.

Do they have a long range or is it just 300M and under?

Yea, can't you just go to Silverdale for $20 a day or something like that?

If you don't want to shoot R-guns you don't need an ATT from a club so it's easier to go there.

Do they have a long range or is it just 300M and under?

Never bothered with the RPAL, so I have a Remmy 870 supermag for hunting (maybe one day I'll try trap with it), Marlin XT-22 for plinking (could be fun at 100m) and I'm looking to get a Remmy 700 with some decent glass for proper target shooting.

Yep, Silverdale has $20 day passes, so that works for me. 200 yard range, I believe. It is a bit of a hike for me, that's the only downfall.

Edit: 300 meters is the longest range I've come across in my research, and I think I've researched every damn club in Ontario. You don't know how lucky you are getting to play on the military stuff!

Back
Top Bottom