We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 107 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

I love the 45.

Its a slower, heavier bullet and felt recoil is less than a 9 or 40 which I find a lot more "snappy".

Of all my pistols I love the m&p, second only to my sp-01shadow i

I am surprised about the recoil. I always thought the 45 would kick more. My next on the list is a double stack 1911 in 45.I love the 1911s but want more capacity.

I was tempted by the glock, the triggers are much better.

I am surprised about the recoil. I always thought the 45 would kick more. My next on the list is a double stack 1911 in 45.I love the 1911s but want more capacity.

I was tempted by the glock, the triggers are much better.

You can only have 10 plus 1 .

I did the firearms safety course and restricted firearms course as well. I'd like to get into gun rangers, what are my options living in Etobicoke?

I did the firearms safety course and restricted firearms course as well. I'd like to get into gun rangers, what are my options living in Etobicoke?

Burlington if you can ever get a call back from them, FOC might be opening their stuff soon. Or u can always come out to silverdale.

I'm brand new to riding but not new to guns. I own too many to count really, just no time to do shooting much. If there was a group ride and shoot I would be interested Hahaha. Too bad I picked up this bike hobby crap, now I'll never have time to shoot.

I'm brand new to riding but not new to guns. I own too many to count really, just no time to do shooting much. If there was a group ride and shoot I would be interested Hahaha. Too bad I picked up this bike hobby crap, now I'll never have time to shoot.
Problem is we can't even stop while carrying restricteds. I don't think I can carry rifles on my bike unless I slung it across my shoulders.

Only 7 round in a standard 1911, right?

Ya right . So get a 14 round mag and neuter it to 10 .

Problem is we can't even stop while carrying restricteds. I don't think I can carry rifles on my bike unless I slung it across my shoulders.

Buddy got a shotty scabbord, put his shotgun in it with the butt sticking out, slung it over his shoulder, and rode his bike to silverdale from Scarborough... Right around Burlington about 4 OPP cruisers boxed him in and did a high risk take down... One of the cops wasn't amused at all even though it was all legal but I guess they got a bunch of calls from people. With the amount of guns and gear I take with me anyway I would need my car (tiny as it is) but it would be a simple matter of taking turns as to who rides and who drives every other time.

Ya right . So get a 14 round mag and neuter it to 10 .
You don't like the double stack?

Buddy got a shotty scabbord, put his shotgun in it with the butt sticking out, slung it over his shoulder, and rode his bike to silverdale from Scarborough... Right around Burlington about 4 OPP cruisers boxed him in and did a high risk take down... One of the cops wasn't amused at all even though it was all legal but I guess they got a bunch of calls from people. With the amount of guns and gear I take with me anyway I would need my car (tiny as it is) but it would be a simple matter of taking turns as to who rides and who drives every other time.
Completely legal, but you'd be harrassed. Or probably get charged for disturbing the peace.

You don't like the double stack?

For double stack most of the grips feel very big. You can get mags that hold 8 for the 1911 . If you could CCW in Canada then for sure get hi cap gun .

Only 7 round in a standard 1911, right?

7 or 8 round magazines, plus 1 chambered.
It's not overly a big deal to not have 10...

1911's are amazing. I own 4.

When you shoot one, you really understand why they are timeless.

I hate the restrictions so much, I only want to be at the limit & not below.

I have a Sig 1911 in 22, just as a toy but fell in love with it & decided to get a real gun in 1911

Somehow I wasn't overly impressed with the M&P 9. The sights were off & accuracy was questionable. I have to reassess that.

However, my Chinese sks was all impressive, considering what I paid for it & what I was expecting.

10 yds
c0bd90af9135781c171927d7d145cfcf.jpg

50 yds
96b7973c01c5ec3a62dec67d694e1be8.jpg

It was a fun day. Got to try so much gear

I have S&W 625 revolver in 45 . My fave gun for shooting . I have been in the market for a 1911 for moths . But each time bike stuff come up. A week on the road is better then more hardware in the safe .

'Just shot the State Championship Buckeye Blast USPSA match in Ohio...
I shot in PCC division and as usual only finished middle of the pack... ;-(
'Good thing I'm really just in it for the fun.

'Just shot the State Championship Buckeye Blast USPSA match in Ohio...
I shot in PCC division and as usual only finished middle of the pack... ;-(
'Good thing I'm really just in it for the fun.
Was Jerry Muculek there?

Was Jerry Muculek there?

No, I didn't see his name on the squad list(s) or anywhere on the range(s)...
I have shot matches where Jerry was also shooting... Quite a few actually.
'Never on the same squad though.
I did sit pretty darn close to him in a Mexican restaurant once while at a 3-gun match in Kentucky... Didn't get an autograph though.

Rocker Guy - don't know what your budget is - and I know you said double stack - but - Marstar is selling the Norinco 1911 for $400. I like 1911's too and have a couple of nice ones (not Les Baer nice) and I was never able to bring myself to buy a Chinese made piece. It's impossible to get more bang for your buck, though.
Forged steel frame, adj. rear sight, full length guide rod, ambi safety, oversize mag release button. The fit and finish are much better than they were a few years ago - still not where the US stuff is, but at way less tha half the price - you can do a bit of "finishing" yourself. I spent a few hours on mine and I'm pleased with how it looks and functions. Got the tricgger breaking clean at 3.5 lbs - I can live with that.

Back
Top Bottom