We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 102 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Tried some Firebird exploding targets (they stick to a steel gong).
Damn, I love shooting all over again!

SYeySXs27RyxucIVl44VXPBj1TtC7L7N-24_1.jpg

Tried some Firebird exploding targets (they stick to a steel gong).
Damn, I love shooting all over again!

SYeySXs27RyxucIVl44VXPBj1TtC7L7N-24_1.jpg
How much are they & where do you shoot that?

20170126_102658_zpsp15i2g63.jpg

Mastercraft "pelican" style cases on sale at Canadian Tire for 50% off.

Bought one to make a new pistol case, and another to house my short bbl AR.

...also bought a Colt Canada AR stripped lower, a LPK, and buffer assembly.

Now to decide on a .223, 7.5" build, or a 7.5", 7.62 build :D

[....

Last edited:

Hows that Chinese bullpup thing working out? Shoot it much?

Hows that Chinese bullpup thing working out? Shoot it much?
Just got it! Clean it up, make sure everything is top notch, so it doesn't explode in my face.

Everybody beating on it. The only thing I hate about it is the spongy trigger. The controls are actually decent if you use your right hand to change mags. Safety? Meh, hands off the trigger is my safety.

Very light, very nimble. QBZ stands for light assault rifle or something to that effect. If you're in a confined environment or need to carry a rifle everyday, this is the gun you need. If you sling that rifle over your body it doesn't snag against any clothing because it is so flat. There is no charging handle protruding to the sides.

Disadvantage? No picatinny rail, well... A Chinese rail, but good luck finding accessories for that. Obviously there's an aftermarket mod for that. Overall, not bad for a non restricted

I have one with FTU... love it.

I find the best way to change mags for me is to use my left to reach under my right and drop the mag free... takes some getting used to compared to a standard rifle.

Like what this kid is doing:

[video=youtube;yyI8cWib8dU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyI8cWib8dU[/video]

Just got it! Clean it up, make sure everything is top notch, so it doesn't explode in my face.

Everybody beating on it. The only thing I hate about it is the spongy trigger. The controls are actually decent if you use your right hand to change mags. Safety? Meh, hands off the trigger is my safety.

Very light, very nimble. QBZ stands for light assault rifle or something to that effect. If you're in a confined environment or need to carry a rifle everyday, this is the gun you need. If you sling that rifle over your body it doesn't snag against any clothing because it is so flat. There is no charging handle protruding to the sides.

Disadvantage? No picatinny rail, well... A Chinese rail, but good luck finding accessories for that. Obviously there's an aftermarket mod for that. Overall, not bad for a non restricted

I have one with FTU... love it.

I find the best way to change mags for me is to use my left to reach under my right and drop the mag free... takes some getting used to compared to a standard rifle.

Like what this kid is doing:

[video=youtube;yyI8cWib8dU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyI8cWib8dU[/video]
Funny the manual also said to use right hand

I think using your left to drop the mag is so much more efficient.

If you use your right hand, you need to let go of the pistol grip, swap the mags, grab the pistol grip, then remove your left hand to pull the charge handle (because the charge handle is on the left side.... something else I had to get used to). Seems like a lot of juggling around.

If you use your left hand, you can keep your right on the grip, keep focus on the target, swap mags and pull the charging handle with your left.

Give it a try... practice both with either hand to figure out what works best for you. I still have a lot of practice before it becomes 2nd nature, as my background is with ARs, mini 14, etc, so I am used to swapping mags with my right then charging with the right too.

I think using your left to drop the mag is so much more efficient.

If you use your right hand, you need to let go of the pistol grip, swap the mags, grab the pistol grip, then remove your left hand to pull the charge handle (because the charge handle is on the left side.... something else I had to get used to). Seems like a lot of juggling around.

If you use your left hand, you can keep your right on the grip, keep focus on the target, swap mags and pull the charging handle with your left.

Give it a try... practice both with either hand to figure out what works best for you. I still have a lot of practice before it becomes 2nd nature, as my background is with ARs, mini 14, etc, so I am used to swapping mags with my right then charging with the right too.
I'll give it a try but I don't like dropping my mag just to practice. Of course when shtf I won't care about mag.

But I do everything with my right hand. Change mag, grab new one, release charging handle... All set. The left hand remains in static position.

In a combat situation, (yeah i know, i know) they teach you to drop mags and reload with the weak hand so that your strong hand is still on grip, and keeping your weapon on target.
Good skill to practice.

That's why later I'm getting a Robinson's Arms in 7.62x39. That will be my no compromise rifle

Back from the shoot. Type 97 had no jams. The sight was so low. It wasn't even sighted, but that's ok. I had to bother somebody to spot me

Just got an NEA 7.5" complete upper.
12% off sale at sfrc!

anyone else eyeing the NEA 108 if it gots NR??

Just got an NEA 7.5" complete upper.
12% off sale at sfrc!

i had a NEA12.5 years ago, and contrary to what a lot of people said it ran like a top! it didnt like the cheaper pistol mags but after swapping the follower and lightly polishing the feed ramps no more issues.

i actually still have a 10.5" NEA barrel and NEA bolt carrier group, with the BCG the only issue i have come across is the firing pin retaining pin is a little weak, it bends. there is a company out there called perma pin but when i was trying to buy one a few shops promised it to me and never actually got it...i think i even paid OST for it...wont shop there again.

Picked up a LRB Arms lower from Wolverine Sup.
Not sure if I'll use it as part of a dedicated .22 AR or put together another 9mm carbine.
I say "another" only because I've put a couple together in the past, then I remember how little regard I have for pistol calibre carbines and sell the damn things.
Then a few years later USPSA PCC matches start popping up all over and I think....Hey, I need a PCC.

Picked up a Walther PPQ M2 9MM. Amazing firearm. Only thing I would change is the sights. Hands down the best stock Polymer handgun in the market.

Now i am trying to save up for an good SKS & Mosin before the prices go up. Next big purchase will be probably be a Ruger Mark IV

Assembled the new 7.5 AR yesterday and made a case for it.
MFT minimalist stock is awesome. I may never buy Magpul again...
Currently shopping for a better quality res dot optic to toss on it.
20170213_095957_zpsuc9vqz0e.jpg

All these assault weapons...Why do you people need these things!!?

Back
Top Bottom