We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 100 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Agency Arms drop in kit, all wolf springs, oem (--) connector and lightened striker

Cool, I wonder why they don't make a complete kit, and you have to mix and match other brands. I have ZEV's Ultimate trigger kits, so they came with everything ready to drop in, including the trigger housing.

Id like to feel one, I like the look of their trigger shape, would be nice to see how it feels on the finger

Last edited:

I like it a lot. Although I only have the OEM to compare it to.

With the oem trigger, reduced power springs, lightened plunger, striker, connector etc... it was pretty decent as well and good value since all the parts were less than like $100

I like it a lot. Although I only have the OEM to compare it to.

With the oem trigger, reduced power springs, lightened plunger, striker, connector etc... it was pretty decent as well and good value since all the parts were less than like $100

Ya Ive tried other people Glocks without kits, more of a do it yourself modifying/polishing with springs and a connector, that were almost as good as my expensive kits. Overtravel stop mod makes a huge difference, the one I saw was a set screw added for that...One thing they cant do is the flat face which I love and really helps with not rolling my finger over the trigger. And the curve on the OEM triggers are different between some of my Glock models and generations I have, some of them actually start to chew up my finger tip after a few hundred rounds. Flat face I can shoot all day, and have better control

Once I had a cop beside me at the range, he let me try his duty G22, and man was that ever a stiff trigger, 9 lbs I think it was.. Makes me really appreciate the 3lb triggers

Go figure the parts I ordered last, get delivered before the parts I ordered a week before. LOL
Just hoping my reaction rod comes in before the weekend, I don't want to put this billet upper in my clam shell upper vise block. Starting to buy more proper tools, a trigger pull gauge is on the list also
Trijicon MRO, and a BattleArmsDevelopment billet upper
IMG_3981_zps14brfmu1.jpg

My apex tactical flat face trigger kit shipped today from brownells.
Now for the cfo to get off his lazy *** and finalize the transfer...

My apex tactical flat face trigger kit shipped today from brownells.
Now for the cfo to get off his lazy *** and finalize the transfer...

Ugh I didn't want to hear that name today! Brownells/UPS screwed me on a package I am waiting for to put my upper together, I got everything I need besides my gas block and optic mount which I ordered from Brownells 8 days ago. I selected Express UPS shipping because although its the most expensive both shipping cost and brokerage fees, they give me the best chance of getting the parts in a few days and normally no more then 3 days...I only do this when I really want something fast....

So no package after a week, I track it and now UPS site says it handed my package over to USPS mail solutions, but my tracking number does not show up on their tracking system. Call UPS they tell me they cant tell me anything to contact the shipper, cluster **** thanks....Doesn't matter who I call I paid $60 for Express shipping that is taking longer then Canadapost mail shipping...WTF! UPS got me again dammit!

Hopefully that doesnt happen to you lol....Post up some pics when you get it

CFO completed transfer today for the m&p
Now to see what shows up 1st. Trigger kit, or the gun! : D

CFO completed transfer today for the m&p
Now to see what shows up 1st. Trigger kit, or the gun! : D

If the M&P is in Canada, I put my money on you getting that first. No matter what type of shipping you used or where in Canada..LOL

Both my Brownells packages are late, both shipped Express. I got packages shipped from Alberta using Canadapost regular mail faster then the Brownells packages. Must be the holidays slowing down international packages, so dont waste your money on Express right now, cause you'll pay for Express but wont get it

has anyone hopped on the 80% "glock" lowers?

has anyone hopped on the 80% "glock" lowers?

They sold out too fast LOL

Id like to play with one, just to see how long it lasts without any metal inserts in the slide rails......

Yeah.
All those 80%'s sold out super fast.
In other good news though, in the last week I finally received my Girsan 1911, M&P 45 and my Apex trigger.
Early Xmas presents from me, to me. Haha

JohnnyP

how do you find this stock compared to the Troy PDW stock?
also, would you mind if I asked how far apart the two rails are?

F her BS!

“Once they have . . . a licence they can buy as many guns as they want,”

After reading that article I feel like buying another pistol! Maybe another AR15, maybe one of each...lol

I should have lots of new toys to play with in the next week or so, I got a 2 packages delivered already and a few more on the way...Black rifle Friday sales and the fact its my birthday in 2 weeks, caused me to spend a small fortune on gun stuff ..15-20% off and free shipping, how could I resist!

Here is what I got so far, lots more to come this week
Battle Arms Development VERT PDW stock, Elftmann straight 3 Gun trigger, V7 Titanium trigger pins
IMG_3952_zpseo0imzpj.jpg

SLR rifleworks 9.7" Helix M-lok rail w/barricade hand stop
IMG_3963_zpsqx1tgowj.jpg

Anyone else go on a shopping spree for Black Friday?

JohnnyP

how do you find this stock compared to the Troy PDW stock?
also, would you mind if I asked how far apart the two rails are?

Well I haven't actually got to shoot it yet, because I was waiting on some parts from Brownells to finish off the upper. I finally got them last Sat, but then I bought a new pistol online, so I am waiting for the pistol to come in before I hit the range with all my new toys.

Just playing with it and installing it I can list a few benefits over the TROY

The BAD uses a proprietary buffer system, but that can be used with any BCG that has a .625" x .625" cavity in the rear. The TROY uses a proprietary BCG and can only be used with their PDW BCG, so the lower I have the TROY on can only be used with an upper that I have their BCG in. So I cant use my 7.62x39 upper/bcg on it, or use any of my other BCG's on it, so it limits interchangeability between my other uppers.

The BAD also has continuous cheek weld because of the carbon look cheek rest, which is much more comfortable then the TROY where my cheek rests between the buffer tube and butt pad of the stock. It kinda hurts after a while, and its easy to get a little smack in your cheek from the back of the buffer.

Other then that the BAD is a little nicer all around, fit/finish, cooler design IMO, lighter. Majority of this build is assembled with their parts which are all light weight in design, so overall its a really nice light AR
And their customer service was really good too, I got a bolt for the cheek rest with a little defect in it, it had a little chunk missing out of the head of the bolt and a stress crack. So I contacted them directly asking if they could tell me the correct size so I could get one, but they insisted that they mail me out a replacement. Few days later I got the bolts, a few stickers and patches, and a T-shirt! So Im very happy
IMG_4030_zpsw4a42pn5.jpg

The distance between the rails on the BAD PDW I measure 1.1200"/28.50mm

I also just got this Maxim Defense PDW stock kit from Brownells, that I am going to be using on my 9mm AR. I swapped out the pistol buffer tube and buffer/spring for the Maxim stock and JP silent capture spring setup. For the 9mm I didn't have as many options for a PDW stock because of the buffer compatibility issue with solid filled 9mm BCG's. I was able to punch out a roll pin on my BCG and remove the solid weight in the back, giving clearance for the silent capture spring setup...I cant wait to try it, because with the 9mm you really hear and feel the buffer spring action...
IMG_4013_zpsdfbkhk6n.jpg

Thanks for the great review.

I really like the look of the Troy over the BAD (to each his own), but the Troy does not look like it is very ergonomic when it comes to the cheek weld.

Are the rails on the Troy the same distance apart?
(I ask because I was thinking about using it on a chassis that takes the AR buffer tube, but is not an AR)

Thanks for the great review.

I really like the look of the Troy over the BAD (to each his own), but the Troy does not look like it is very ergonomic when it comes to the cheek weld.

Troy is more simple military looking IMO, BAD is more modern/futuristic looking. I like both, really depends on the style of rifle your going with

Are the rails on the Troy the same distance apart?
(I ask because I was thinking about using it on a chassis that takes the AR buffer tube, but is not an AR)

Id have to wait till I get home to measure the TROY rails, I have the BAD stock here at my shop I installed on my lower to play with but removed it and put it back in the box waiting for the rest of the parts. Id say they are really close though, based on how much clearance I saw when I had them side by side. I will bring the calipers home and get back to you

Which brings up another thing I noticed, the TROY has big slots cut in the rails for the locking mechanism. The BAD has lines and dimples milled into them for the locking mechanism. The slots make the rails weaker in theory, and also not as smooth of a mechanism compared to BAD. Also Bad has bushings inserted into the base for the rails to slide on, so there is no metal on metal contact. TROY is metal on metal contact....Probably will never wear out either of them in my lifetime but its different

All 3 stock are way better IMO then the first one I bought and sold before even installing it on a rifle...I first got the NEA CSS stock, and sold it right after getting it to replace it with the TROY. Most of the reason for that was in their BCG though, so if your not using an AR bcg you might as well look for the cheapest option that doesn't include a special BCG or buffer system

Last edited:

Thanks.

I did hear that the fit and finish on the NEA wasn't as good as on the Troy.

Thanks.

I did hear that the fit and finish on the NEA wasn't as good as on the Troy.

Like I said it was mostly their BCG that turned me off, worst attempt at gas key stacking I've seen so far LOL
IMG_2641_zpsa0m7fwxt.jpg

And their buffer rubber bumper on the back was cut with a hand saw, not made specific for the stock kit, literally looked like someone hacked the end off with a hand saw. Not the best picture but in person you can clearly see saw marks and its not even a straight cut
IMG_2643_zpsqbjgm23l.jpg

Troy was also shorter by about 1/2" when fully collapsed, and had a way better and easier to use release button/mechanism. Less slop in the rails on the Try also..And if it matters to you, NEA was not really black in color more of a grey, Troy is actually black to match my black rifle..
IMG_2658_zps9khfvkne.jpg

Last edited:

yeah, that Troy looks even better when seen side by side like that

...but now you've got me thinking about the Maxim!

yeah, that Troy looks even better when seen side by side like that

...but now you've got me thinking about the Maxim!

Maxim might be the cheapest option for you since you don't need the bcg, and you can buy it without a BCG or expensive buffer system

I'll measure both tonight

They sold out too fast LOL

Id like to play with one, just to see how long it lasts without any metal inserts in the slide rails......
Ive found a few in stock.. i think CTCS and some other shop that was importing them but was a US company...not irunguns. and they had FDE, black and OD i think.

i did msg poly80 a while back and they are releasing a 80% glock 19 frame.
i just wish they were based on the gen 4

edit...yup in stock

https://ctcsupplies.ca/collections/ar-80-lowers/products/polymer80-spectre-80-frame-v-1-black

and they have drop in metal rails and locking block.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom