We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 81 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Or serious sport shooter. That guns the same as this one

Its just a different body kit. Its a bolt action rifle in a tackticool package.

Stop trolling the thread man if you don't like guns don't own one don't come in insulting and insinuating motives of hobbyist.

I actually like guns. It's the fanatic owners that worry me.

I know a fellow-Canadian who uses this to control coyotes and groundhogs on a farm.....

It's light, reliable and can engage multiple pests/predators. Technology is changing. Farmers are also using military satellite geolocation technology (look up Navstar on Wikipedia) to direct their combines :eek:

Andrew Kehoe used explosives as intended on his farm before he blew up a school.

And whats the difference between a fanatic gun owner and just a regular one?

MallNinja.jpg

your giving me ideas my wallet and bank account isnt going to be happy with you..

You are very welcome! Hahaha

I shoot regularly and am going to a competition in Kentucky in 6 weeks

Dunno, it just says mass murder. It does not look like a farmer's tool that's for sure.

Bolt actions don't fit for mass murder. Too long between shots.
...if you want mass murder capabilities I'll post up a pic of my 4 AR15's

I`m really trying to remember the last time a guy looking like this went on a shooting spree . I will probably be corrected .

I actually like guns. It's the fanatic owners that worry me.

I'm sorry I worry you... If it's any consolation, I'm a pacifist (for real) :cool:

Andrew Kehoe used explosives as intended on his farm before he blew up a school.

Guns, knives, cars, planes, explosives.... That just tells me that where there is a will, there is a way.

robertsonmatt said:
I shoot regularly and am going to a competition in Kentucky in 6 weeks

Nice! Which games do you play?

And whats the difference between a fanatic gun owner and just a regular one?

They get all worked up when someone lightheartedly and jokingly argues against their gun beliefs ... similar to islam fanatics when someone makes a caricature of their prophet.

Want to come out and play ? No we are not fanatics....

I really want to, but after a motorcycle highside and a bicycle highside after, my wrists are very sensitive. Even using a big hammer drill makes my wrists hurt really bad. :(

I really want to, but after a motorcycle highside and a bicycle highside after, my wrists are very sensitive. Even using a big hammer drill makes my wrists hurt really bad. :(

So shoot a .22lr rifle... Your wrists took more strain from typing that post than from shooting a 22 :)

So shoot a .22lr rifle... Your wrists took more strain from typing that post than from shooting a 22 :)

+1
Fractured my right wrist about 3 years ago, still hurts when I do some things. Shooting is not one of them though, even with big hand guns, anything you shoulder rest its a total non issue

They get all worked up when someone lightheartedly and jokingly argues against their gun beliefs ... similar to islam fanatics when someone makes a caricature of their prophet.

Look I get it I views on gun control that are vastly different from most of the people I shoot with. I can tell you that FiresTART and I dont agree on levels of regulation and open carry and you know what thats ok.

But you have to understand there is a difference between you say stating your opinion on gun control and purposely posting in a thread for gun enthusiasts and implying that people are either going to be or are similar to Mass murders just due to the fact that they have some rails on their bolt action. Its a pretty insulting man.

Go out and shoot with some of the folks in the thread your going to find they arn't what you think they are (or what you act like they think you are)

If I may chime in (ya know, it is my thread :)), I have been working, shooting, and riding for years, and if I were forced to "hang" and associate with one group of people, you can scratch work off my list! Between the shooters and the riders (rare to meet people who do both), shooters always seem to be the most mature, the most law abiding, and the easiest to carry a conversation with. Riders are ok to ;) When I think of criminals and other freaks, I never think of the shooting community.

My advice when approaching the shooting community is to listen first, do some research, then open the pie hole.

Yes, there are idiots among the shooting circle, we're not perfect either, but you'll find all-in-all that we're pretty decent people.

(It's also a benefit being a gun owner, as nobody seems to make fun of my recent 155cc purchase ! lol)

I`m really trying to remember the last time a guy looking like this went on a shooting spree . I will probably be corrected .

Please, let's not keep this joke going... it really kills the clean image this thread started.

BTW, we may begin to offend obsese wack jobs that want to be mall ninjas!

Bought these three receivers, stripped, for 50$ each. Getting them ready for brand new barrels. Two Longbranch No. 4s and a Breda M1.

I just got the barrels for the No. 4s after a year of waiting. I had no idea they'd be stainless. A nice little surprise that was. The buy was set up by Brett @ CanWest who orders them special from Lothar Walther.

The M1 barrel is by Citadel, bought from TradeEx. No idea how that'll work out, but we'll see. Reviews on the new Citadel stuff seem positive.

IMG_0921.jpg

Bought these three receivers, stripped, for 50$ each. Getting them ready for brand new barrels. Two Longbranch No. 4s and a Breda M1.

I just got the barrels for the No. 4s after a year of waiting. I had no idea they'd be stainless. A nice little surprise that was. The buy was set up by Brett @ CanWest who orders them special from Lothar Walther.

The M1 barrel is by Citadel, bought from TradeEx. No idea how that'll work out, but we'll see. Reviews on the new Citadel stuff seem positive.

View attachment 37451

Nice find with the stainless No. 4 barrels! The Citadel barrels, as you might know, are "hit and miss", leaning more towards "miss". I hope you got lucky.
Please keep us apprised of build progress. :)

Nice find with the stainless No. 4 barrels! The Citadel barrels, as you might know, are "hit and miss", leaning more towards "miss". I hope you got lucky.
Please keep us apprised of build progress. :)

Will do. I "restored" (not faithfully, and a little ham-fisted) a sporterized No. 4 as practice for these 2 builds. I followed some of the techniques in Roger Wadham's book, The 2012 Complete Guide to Lee Enfield Accurizing. Pardon the terrible condition of the bench, it was 3am and I had been working for hours. I used some of the bottom shelf components for this one, saving the good stuff for the next 2. That's why there are 3 different kinds of wood on it :D
IMG_0862.jpg

Yes, I'm wary of the Citadel barrel, mainly because it was only $250. This thread changed my mind enough to try: http://m14forum.com/m14/6722-citadel-barrels.html
Worst case, I see Hirsch Precision is carrying the Criterion barrels. I can always grab one of those.

I just picked this sporterized Mauser 98 up at the Parry Sound gun show. The stock was hand-made by the owner, who passed away. It's amazing craftsmanship.
IMG_0908.jpg

Yes, my firearm photography is not quite on your level yet, Triple!

Back
Top Bottom