We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Triple

Site Supporter
We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Just curious to know how many riders here in the GTA are also firearm owners?

I'm into target shooting and general plinking (I used to shoot in the Reserves), and recently picked up a few surplus SKS's to have a bit of fun with. I also inherited my wife's grandfathers' Mossberg 22 target rifle.

To cap it off, I joined H.A.H.A. to gain access to their 100 yard rifle range.

Chime in!

Maybe we can organize a ride 'n shoot? ;)

Last edited:
word...
p00049.jpg

Only in their hair......
;)

I'm allowed to shoot but I don't (yet). That **** costs $$, yo.

Sorry.....I did when I was competing in Biathlon, not anymore though. Wanting to pick up archery again as well bit haven't gotten around to it....too busy :(

the wife and i shoot deer (shotgun) just starting to get into crossbows.
want to join the HAHA club but will prob. start at the dofasco gun club in sept

Yep, but not while I ride! ;) I have a 22 as well - a Remington 597 VTR and a Valmet Hunter in .223. I'm a member at SGC.

I'd love to ride my bike to the range, but I don't think a rifle case strapped to my back would go un-noticed - LOL! Imagine stopping for a coffee or a bite to eat! I remember picking up my rifle at the post office in an un-marked package and the busy-body lady behind me says "It looks like a gun!". :confused1: I was mortified! One of these days I'm going to have to figure out a way to transport covertly.

CCW would be great to have in Canada - there are a few ATC holders, but they're pretty scarce. I have a New Hamshire and Utah CCW permit. Never carried in either state though.

Yep, but not while I ride! ;) I have a 22 as well - a Remington 597 VTR and a Valmet Hunter in .223. I'm a member at SGC.

I'd love to ride my bike to the range, but I don't think a rifle case strapped to my back would go un-noticed - LOL! Imagine stopping for a coffee or a bite to eat! I remember picking up my rifle at the post office in an un-marked package and the busy-body lady behind me says "It looks like a gun!". :confused1: I was mortified! One of these days I'm going to have to figure out a way to transport covertly.

You should have told the old bag to mind her own F'n business. There's no law against mailing a non-restricted firearm. There's also no law against transporting a non-restricted firearm. Of course, its best to keep it in a gun bag/case so as to not scare anybody. I have never secured a rifle (in a case) to the back of my BMW K1200, but I plan on it when I go to HAHA from Hamilton :)

Last edited:

I received many firearm by canada post, its 100% legal!

I own 9 firearms, the older one is from 1906, the most recent one is a cz-858.

12 gauge shotgun here. I hunt turkey, pheasant, ducks, grouse etc. Basically any game bird. Used to be a member of the Hamilton gun club and shot alot of trap and sporting clays with the odd round of skeet. Got tired of driving that far for an hour or 2.
Also have a 45 cal black powder musket but dont use it. There wouldnt be much left of a bird after that hit it!
I have a bow I bought to hunt turkey as I had a line on some private land with lots of birds only if I used a bow, but after buying it the owner changed his mind!!
So if anyone is looking for a bow that is in brand new condition lemme know, its just sitting in my closet.

Last edited:
12 gauge shotgun here. I hunt turkey, pheasant, ducks, grouse etc. Basically any game bird. Used to be a member of the Hamilton gun club and shot alot of trap and sporting clays with the odd round of skeet. Got tired of driving that far for an hour or 2.
Also have a 45 cal black powder musket but dont use it. There wouldnt be much left of a bird after that hit it!
I have a bow I bought to hunt turkey as I had a line on some private land with lots of birds only if I used a bow, but after buying it the owner changed his mind!!
So if anyone is looking for a bow that is in brand new condition lemme know, its just sitting in my closet.

I am mainly a centrefire/rimfire rifle man, but I have grown curious about blackpowder guns. I hear the technology is so advanced on blackpowder hunting kit, that accuracy nearly rivals modern cartridge technology.

Back
Top Bottom