We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Any of you fine gents ever have to get warranty work done? I have 2 experiences: 1 good (Gravel Agency in QC) and one bad (Vault Distribution in BC). The later has had my Kel Tec Sub 2000 since August of last year.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

you seem to be missing a few trigger locks in that cabinet of yours......not being a gun nazi.......just saying...

Edit:
All of my non-restricted long guns are either stored in a 10-gun "Stack-On" brand locking cabinet (with all the bolts removed and locked in a separate sealed container, with a padlock, I might add!), or leaned up against a wall with trigger locks on them (as in the photos). This is all in addition to the fact that I have a properly secured gun room with a professionally installed heavy, solid, "20-minute" fire door, hardwood door frame, high-end dead bolt with a steel reinforcement plate and 1 inch bolt throw, door handle lock, and I have a separate alarm system in my gun room! I also have a very keen pet (no further on that)! So, I am, infact, GROSSLY exceeding all storage rules!
just sayin' ;)

Just to promote safety :) ...

bolts in tray are stored in a locked container:
6148228603_b0aa4f8731_z.jpg

a few of my long guns (yes, that's a cheap CT Crossman 1088 pellet pistol hanging there), as you can see, have no bolts or have trigger or cable locks installed:
6324244966_0fcb32e2d5_z.jpg

6696624779_2ca1017507_z.jpg

6980720317_d9689ac5ed_z.jpg

5571986989_b4974e2e0f_z.jpg

8437135914_e53abebe26_z.jpg

8334100507_df18f46e11_z.jpg

The one SKS (non-refurbished, unfired 1953 Izhevsk arsenal) that appears in the front of my locker in the earlier photo was just posing for the camera. That one, like the rest, also has its bolt/bolt carrier/recoil spring removed when stored in my Stack-On locker.

One last comment... I only own non-restricted or antique status firearms. No restricted firearms are in my house.

In all fairness to GateKeeper, I was a bit pi$$y yesterday (long day at work). I do believe he was sincerely concerned about the "safety" of my guns based on some of his personal experiences. I pride myself on my restraint. I failed yesterday.

Rest assured I am a total safety nut, and I don't do this for the government of Canada or the RCMP, I do this for the safety of my family, and to keep guns off the street!

Cheers all!

Last edited:

nice collection, properly stored, those are the main things...

I don't take much personally to heart especially on the Internet.....

and yes I was being sincere.....

one day we can have a beer and swap ammo......LOL

is that a 17hmr in there as well.....?

looks like mine....

Last edited:

Naw, I opted for the 22LR... cheap to feed and Canadian made. 17 HMR would be cool to own. Never fired one. The BTVSS is a real tack driver and really the only Savage I have been 100% satsified with. The Accutrigger actually works, unlike other Savages I once owned in the past! I bought a spare 10-round magazine for it, and it's been my 'go to' 22 bolt gun. I also have a Ruger 10/22 TD... with that ridiculous GSG drum mag, plus another 30-round Promag when I want to have fun. Plus it's 'toteable' on the back of my Nighthawk :)

BTVSS .22LR
5173269598_f854026d80_z.jpg

10/22 TD
9987012896_257213bd57_c.jpg

9986916034_af409eae65_c.jpg

I also have a Ruger 10/22 TD... with that ridiculous GSG drum mag, plus another 30-round Promag when I want to have fun. Plus it's 'toteable' on the back of my Nighthawk :)

How is that Pro-Mag? I've heard mixed results. It would look great on my SR-22 (with the sleeve, of course).

IMG_1641_zps9389ac08.jpg

QD's to change the optics;

12207fd3-2d2d-4266-b882-1ef47f6b9616_zps2b642c03.jpg

I bought both the 32-round Promag and the steel lips Buttler Creek 25-rounder. The BC jammed constantly, like every 2nd or 3rd shot. No matter what I did with it, it just wouldn't work. The Promag has been nearly flawless with only an occasional jam here and there. The real fun is with the 114 round GSG drum mag (110 round mag, but it holds 114 rounds).

If you end up joining me at HAHA, you can test mine.

I'm weighing the different ranges in the area as I've been using friend's farms which has proven quite convenient. That and my son and I shoot the .177 pellet rifle in the basement with a bullet trap;

IMG_1730_zps1cc991ad.jpg

I bought both the 32-round Promag and the steel lips Buttler Creek 25-rounder. The BC jammed constantly, like every 2nd or 3rd shot. No matter what I did with it, it just wouldn't work. The Promag has been nearly flawless with only an occasional jam here and there. The real fun is with the 114 round GSG drum mag (110 round mag, but it holds 114 rounds).

If you end up joining me at HAHA, you can test mine.

I'm weighing the different ranges in the area as I've been using friend's farms which has proven quite convenient. That and my son and I shoot the .177 pellet rifle in the basement with a bullet trap

Yeah, we do the same. I actually bought him a sweet little Daisy "Powerline" single shot bb pistol. Not enough power to cause any damage... though we make a habit of wearing eye protection! His first shot and a bb hit him square in the forehead :)

Here he is at 9 years old just before his first shoot with an SKS (he's hooked)
5235724449_d4cf7d222a_z.jpg

Last edited:

I shoot, shot my first deer last year. First time deer hunting, brand new Remington 700 Police in .308 first shot at a deer, beginners luck I guess, my buddy was a little ****** as he has been going for 6 years and hasn't shot a thing.. lol I live in Angus and next door to Base Borden where you can go and shoot up to 1000 yards on special days.

I shoot, shot my first deer last year. First time deer hunting, brand new Remington 700 Police in .308 first shot at a deer, beginners luck I guess, my buddy was a little ****** as he has been going for 6 years and hasn't shot a thing.. lol I live in Angus and next door to Base Borden where you can go and shoot up to 1000 yards on special days.

And no buck fever? Impressive. I need to make a visit to CFB Borden one of these days. I actually have access to that range! Problem is, my "reach out and touch someone" rifles are mostly sold off. :eek:

And no buck fever? Impressive. I need to make a visit to CFB Borden one of these days. I actually have access to that range! Problem is, my "reach out and touch someone" rifles are mostly sold off. :eek:

Base Borden didn't cross my mind at all... now 5 minutes of research later and I discover that Borden Rod and Gun is available to use ex-military guys for only $60/year and includes areas to hunt, atv trails, fishing, etc....

That might be the way for me to go. Borden is only slightly further away than Silverdale is for me.

Well, bought my first laminate SKS, nice piece all matching except the mag.

Took it to the range, dropped in a stripper clip and........all 10 rounds went into the mag. Best way to pin it at home?

Tac weld a small metal bar under the follower arm. Keep shaving off material until only 5 rounds drop in the mag. You can also weld or epoxy a metal or polymer plug at the bottom of the mag, again ensuring that it is high enough to only allow 5 rounds to be loaded.

... or buy a nice Tapco or metal 5/20 or 5/30 magazine already pinned.

Took it to the range, dropped in a stripper clip and........all 10 rounds went into the mag. Best way to pin it at home?

A rivet.

Heres the the messed up part. If you were to get caught, mandatory 5 years for a prohibited device.

A good lawyer and a crap load of money later they'd have you turn in all you firearms to drop the charge.

How ow a simple rivet can ruin you financially.

Heres the the messed up part. If you were to get caught, mandatory 5 years for a prohibited device.

A good lawyer and a crap load of money later they'd have you turn in all you firearms to drop the charge.

How ow a simple rivet can ruin you financially.

Yeah, not worth it. Silly laws.

My recommendation to Macs is to NOT insert that mag until he's re-pinned it. In fact, I would put the mag in a plastic bag and label it "defective" and "not to install on SKS until re-pinned".

Last edited:

My 1950 SKS grew a 5/30-round mag and shed the hardwood stock in favour of a laminate...

10632518324_48cce7205e_c.jpg

14021393131_aee655e71e_c.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom