We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 61 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

No issues starting out with a Ghost and that's the one I'd recommend in the race holster category. With that being said, at least with Shadows, we timed draw and shoot drills and I got the same times as a much better shooter, also with a Shadow but running a Ghost, vs my Bladetech.

I've only ever owned one holster and its a cheapo blade-tech with paddle... had it for years, and it secures the glock quite nicely. The paddle makes it easy to quickly put on, regardless of what kinda pants or belt Im wearing. Hell, I wore it once with track pants and it held on just fine. My glock actually sits holstered in the safe.

No issues starting out with a Ghost and that's the one I'd recommend in the race holster category. With that being said, at least with Shadows, we timed draw and shoot drills and I got the same times as a much better shooter, also with a Shadow but running a Ghost, vs my Bladetech.

Can you comment on why they would say its easier to shoot yourself in the foot with a race style holster? Doesnt make sense to me because either way its trigger finger off until you get it aimed down range, and the trigger is covered while its in the holster just the same. So its not like you can put your finger in the trigger on a race holster before you draw it

Also looking on IPSC site cant seem to find rules for holster types allowed for different divisions, so do you know what the restrictions are for using a race holster in certain divisions? The pistol Id want to use it on wouldnt Id assume would have to be open, but at what lever are you not allowed to use a race holster if any?

I think Double Tap has Ghost in stock, so I will check it out

Last edited:
Can you comment on why they would say its easier to shoot yourself in the foot with a race style holster? Doesnt make sense to me because either way its trigger finger off until you get it aimed down range, and the trigger is covered while its in the holster just the same. So its not like you can put your finger in the trigger on a race holster before you draw it

Also looking on IPSC site cant seem to find rules for holster types allowed for different divisions, so do you know what the restrictions are for using a race holster in certain divisions? The pistol Id want to use it on wouldnt Id assume would have to be open, but at what lever are you not allowed to use a race holster if any?

I think Double Tap has Ghost in stock, so I will check it out

I think it's people blaming the equipment for their bad habits. If you keep the trigger finger outside the trigger guard until you're actively engaging targets, you won't shoot yourself in the foot. Do draw and fire practice at home, of course. I don't think there are any issues with using a race holster in Production. You may wanna confirm that on CGN or by downloading the IPSC rulebook. Plenty of guys started with Ghosts and their feet are still unventilated :cool:

That is one of the most stupid decisions to come out of the Supreme Court in decades. Hopefully the feds will change the law so that kids can have fun again.

Considering that Harper put 6 of them on, Mulroney a 7th and the last two were cretien and Martin appointees it's not like they have a liberal slant.

Considering that Harper put 6 of them on, Mulroney a 7th and the last two were cretien and Martin appointees it's not like they have a liberal slant.

Doesn't matter. It's the law that needs a major overhaul

what i'm saying is it doesn't matter which party you put in power, the end result is the same.

Well there is a difference.. The Cons pretend to be our friends so they don't rock the boat too much and even throw us the occasional bone from time to time. The bone's picked pretty clean but there is the occasional bit of meat on it. The Fibs/Dips have an official agenda to ban all guns.

Well there is a difference.. The Cons pretend to be our friends so they don't rock the boat too much and even throw us the occasional bone from time to time. The bone's picked pretty clean but there is the occasional bit of meat on it. The Fibs/Dips have an official agenda to ban all guns.

The cons put one hand in your pocket while smiling and shaking your hand. The cons have already shown they'll toss their own under the bus when caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Nigel, Duffy, deep river vandalism and gun confiscation and now the poor sheep that took the fall for the robocalling. Better the enemy you know than the fake friend that stabs you in the back. You know where the enemy will attack

The cons put one hand in your pocket while smiling and shaking your hand. The cons have already shown they'll toss their own under the bus when caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Nigel, Duffy, deep river vandalism and gun confiscation and now the poor sheep that took the fall for the robocalling. Better the enemy you know than the fake friend that stabs you in the back. You know where the enemy will attack

Right away, hard and won't stop until Canadian mining industry and farmers become non-viable :D

JohnnyP636, I saw this and thought you might want to pick up 1 of the 2 available in Canada....

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...on-Trigger-60-Produced-(Pricetag-Warning-lol)

OBnlvOE.png

JohnnyP636, I saw this and thought you might want to pick up 1 of the 2 available in Canada....

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...on-Trigger-60-Produced-(Pricetag-Warning-lol)

OBnlvOE.png

I can't buy another pistol without shooting it first, since I don't think anyone would let me shoot that I can bring myself to spend $20G on it.

My next pistol will probably be a Tanfoglio extreme II, since I shot that and a CZ 75 I am leaning towards the Tanfoglio.

PS that Beratta does look nice and I bet it shoots great too but personally I dont like it enough to justify spending more then $1500 on it. I think the carbon grips looks kind cheezy on it, the inlay looks better on its own with a more traditional grip IMO

Last edited:
I can't buy another pistol without shooting it first, since I don't think anyone would let me shoot that I can bring myself to spend $20G on it.

My next pistol will probably be a Tanfoglio extreme II, since I shot that and a CZ 75 I am leaning towards the Tanfoglio.

PS that Beratta does look nice and I bet it shoots great too but personally I dont like it enough to justify spending more then $1500 on it. I think the carbon grips looks kind cheezy on it, the inlay looks better on its own with a more traditional grip IMO

Beretta 92A1 or 92FS are 2 of the better pistols you can own for the money. $675 and $750 at Al Flahertys

Well I have to thank Firestarter for bringing me back into the fold. I'm currently admiring my Sig Sauer P320 and S&W M&P 22 while I navigate the craziness of joining a range.

Beretta 92A1 or 92FS are 2 of the better pistols you can own for the money. $675 and $750 at Al Flahertys

Almost got the INOX version of the 92fs, but I already have a 9mm, but maybe one day I will treat myself and get it....

I actually thought about getting it in the US, but,,,,,believe it or not, the bloody thing at the time was 750 US plus the cost of the paperwork, so it was actually cheaper,,,,at Al Flahertys......

Well I have to thank Firestarter for bringing me back into the fold. I'm currently admiring my Sig Sauer P320 and S&W M&P 22 while I navigate the craziness of joining a range.

Lol welcome back. You picked a good club to join, btw :)

So I don't wanna do a second post, figured I'd also include a brief vid from this weekend. After a big boys' shoot, some of us brought out our rimfire rifles. Here's me playing with a buddys Christmas Tre... I mean ISSC ;) My 10/22 is a lot slimmer.
[video=youtube;9eK6TTcsSOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eK6TTcsSOs[/video]

Audio quality is terrible because the camera is inside a waterproof case.

Back
Top Bottom