We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 79 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

I was only loading the first mag to 14 and the rest to 13. Still got plenty of double-feeds after a while. It's not that they are made of plastic.. The problem is that they are made of polymerized diarrhoea. P-mags are plastic and they are actually more durable and less prone to failure than USGI mags.

Used plastic mags in the military day in day out for years and never had issues. Its all in the material/build quality

Used plastic mags in the military day in day out for years and never had issues. Its all in the material/build quality

And that's what I'm talking about. PCV (Press Check Ventures) mags are made of crap plastics. P-Mags (the ones you used in the military) are great quality and will function more reliably than the metal mags.

And that's what I'm talking about. PCV (Press Check Ventures) mags are made of crap plastics. P-Mags (the ones you used in the military) are great quality and will function more reliably than the metal mags.

I was agreeing with you... plastic mags are fine but it depends on build quility.

Well then I guess I'll start dreaming of the day Magpul decides to make AR pistol mags, they have the look Id want just need that extra capacity

On a side note I cant say it was only the mag causing this, but a guy beside me had a 7.5" NEA, I let him try my shorty so he let me try his after. He had about 6 P-mags loaded up. I picked up the rifle and when I put a mag in the bolt dropped just inserting the mag, then I was like thats not right. So I dropped the mag and put in an empty one, and tried to lock the bolt back with the charging handle. From what I know with my rifles with an empty mag it should always lock back on its own. It was iffy it would lock sometimes and sometimes it woudlnt, but then just dropping the empty mag would drop the bolt again...It was like any slight jerk of the mag would drop the bolt. I told him something was possibly wrong with that mag, so he marked it and used others. And after he was done he told me it only happened with that mag. It looked just like all his other mags, but that one just didnt want to function properly and it looked almost brand new.

Then again I dont read very many good reviews about NEA so who knows maybe it had more to do with the rifle then that one mag

Last edited:
I love the muzzle flash with your brake.
You should see the fireballs that shoot out my 14" bbl shotgun when touching off 3" magnum slugs!

Yeah I love it, I have 2 blast shield/muzzle devices, that Ferfrans CRD on the 7.5" and a Griffin blast shield on my 10.5". The Griffin doesnt have any holes on the sides so the flames are a little smaller and get shot forward more. The CRD has small holes all around the outside of the cylinder, it gives off more of a fire ball rather then a flame

I haven't gotten into the shot guns much yet, I think Ive actually only shot maybe 8 rounds total out of shot guns, and its always been someone at the range saying "Here try this"

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Currently I only own 2 PVC 50 Beowulf mags and the 5 round cheapo that came with my Daniel Defense rifle when I bought it. I have never used the 5 rounder, the first time I went to a range to shoot it I looked on the shelf and they have LAR 10 rounders made who knows where and the PVC 14 rounders made in Canada. So I just bought the 50 Beowulf, I have about 1000 rounds through the 2 of them so far with no problems. Im waiting for the metal ones to become more available and Im going to grab some of those, they are longer then a LAR and curved so I like them more then a LAR shape/size wise

Have you seen this guy's post on the EE?
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...gazines-–-brand-new-in-wrap?highlight=beowulf

I'd like to see Magpul make .50Beo mags.. They'd make a killing in Canada. I think the biggest issue with NEA were their growing pains and how they handled the criticism on CGN. In general they're ok as long as you don't buy anything with moving parts from them. I wouldn't run one of their BCG's but I'm perfectly happy with one of their stripped lowers and had no issues with one of their stripped uppers. I heard their barrels are also OK.

Heading to Target on Wednesday :D

Good to shoot the big guns there yet?

It was a good time, wasn't busy at all so I shot off some of their 357 mag

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

It was a good time, wasn't busy at all so I shot off some of their 357 mag

Nice I was planning to go today, but I woke up late. If I dont leave Mississauga before around 2PM its not even worth the hassle for me with the traffic

What did you shoot? Just range guns or you bring your own toys? The first day I was there for larger calibers, Ivan a range officer was grabbing like 4 rifles off the showroom floor to setup as range guns. So they have a few nice new rifles to shoot, if I remember correctly a DD MK18, DD M4 V5, CSA VZ 58, and a T97

I brought my sig and 1911s, had the .308 and Russian rifles in the car just in case. Shot their 357 and a ddmk18

I brought my sig and 1911s, had the .308 and Russian rifles in the car just in case. Shot their 357 and a ddmk18

Cool a .308 or 7.62x39 build is my next project!

Cool a .308 or 7.62x39 build is my next project!

Do it for sure man. 7.62x39 is such a fun round.

1.70 a shot for .223 at Target is a little excessive though, gonna hold off until they can handle FMJ rounds, 9 bucks for 10 357 mag is fine though. Got a bunch of extra shots in cause they were light-striking the primers so the RO was just like, **** it dump the whole cylinder

Going for some Pew pew tomorrow. Excited as it's been over 2 weeks since I've played with my boys.

Silverdale tomorrow!
Testing out my buddies rem700 build and my new 10.5 ar setup!
400rds of .223 going downrange!

Started buying all the parts and pieces to basically build this!

photo_2.jpg

Savage 10tr in .308, mdt tac 21 chassis, magpul prs stock, harris bipod, linear compensator, vortex viper 6.5-20x50 scope, ergo grip...
Been an expensive week!

Started buying all the parts and pieces to basically build this!

photo_2.jpg

Savage 10tr in .308, mdt tac 21 chassis, magpul prs stock, harris bipod, linear compensator, vortex viper 6.5-20x50 scope, ergo grip...
Been an expensive week!

liking that ... how does it shoot?

Back
Top Bottom