We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 106 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Does anyone have any experience with the Mossberg Patriot or the Remington 783?

Just starting out and looking for a versatile rifle

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A good friend of mine has a 783. I had a chance to play with it for a while... the action felt vague and terrible. It never really got better. It does shoot straight, once we sighted it in that is. There are some great "starting" rifles out there at the $500 - $850, but it depends on your intent of use.

I see you don't like to clean them, but not sure if you have come across this place for parts, since you do like your Glocks

I am not sure if you have ever used them, but your on gunnutz so you probably have seen the advert...

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/for...es-is-here-Everything-you-need-for-your-GLOCK

Thanks
I have used IRG for importing parts, guns, and bought from their site a few times already. When I first got my ZEV stuff ZEV was able to ship up too $500 value in parts direct to Canada, after they changed it and I used IRG. At that time IRG did not carry much of their stuff, so I bought direct from ZEV in Cali and used IRG to import parts, a frame, and a complete gun from ZEV.....In total I have done 4 3rd party imports with them, not including purchases off their site

They are a little expensive compared to other options I hear, but they worked well for me....
Currently I have moved on from the Glocks, I still like owning and shooting them, but I don't see myself spending $2000+ on another Glock any time soon...I've moved onto a metal gun made in Italy, and am looking at my next purchase being either another Tanfoglio or a CZ for Production division

Last edited:

Anyone else new to IPSC and looking to book their first shoot? I just completed a black badge course on the weekend, I am told I have to wait a few days for my info to be entered into the IPSC Ontario system, then I will be able to register to the forum and look for and book my first shoot. I drove 3 hours to Kingston to do my BB course, it was a lot of fun, first time shooting outside (got sun burnt like a lobster!), but I am hoping to find something a little closer for my first match.....Any suggestions? my instructor told me GTA area matches get fully booked in a matter of 10 minutes after being put up...So I understand a little more driving may be necessary, Im good for about the same 3 hours driving in any direction from the GTA

Was a shame our course was supposed to be 12 people who pre paid, 5 dropped out! One kid showed up with his girlfriend and no gun/gear, girlfriend didn't want to wait 4 hours for class to finish so he left. Instructor wasn't mad because they stiffed, but because he had to turn down many people after the 12 was full. Same happened to me before I finally got into this course in Kingston, so it was a shame 5 more people could have got into the sport if it wasn't for their late pull outs...

Really looking forward to trying a match out, Id really like to go see one as a spectator before I do my first match, and even volunteer for work at the match. Is anyone here competing at a local match in the near future?

Remington 700. Ranges from $449-1079 at basspro depending on configuration. If there's any question about that rifle's capability, it's also known as the M24 sniper rifle used by 4 branches of the U.S. military. Effective range is from 800m(7.62) to 1500m(.338 lapua magnum).

Anyone else new to IPSC and looking to book their first shoot? I just completed a black badge course on the weekend, I am told I have to wait a few days for my info to be entered into the IPSC Ontario system, then I will be able to register to the forum and look for and book my first shoot. I drove 3 hours to Kingston to do my BB course, it was a lot of fun, first time shooting outside (got sun burnt like a lobster!), but I am hoping to find something a little closer for my first match.....Any suggestions? my instructor told me GTA area matches get fully booked in a matter of 10 minutes after being put up...So I understand a little more driving may be necessary, Im good for about the same 3 hours driving in any direction from the GTA

Was a shame our course was supposed to be 12 people who pre paid, 5 dropped out! One kid showed up with his girlfriend and no gun/gear, girlfriend didn't want to wait 4 hours for class to finish so he left. Instructor wasn't mad because they stiffed, but because he had to turn down many people after the 12 was full. Same happened to me before I finally got into this course in Kingston, so it was a shame 5 more people could have got into the sport if it wasn't for their late pull outs...

Really looking forward to trying a match out, Id really like to go see one as a spectator before I do my first match, and even volunteer for work at the match. Is anyone here competing at a local match in the near future?

What club are you a member at? When I was a member at the Grange, years back, members with IPSC qualification met every Wednesday afternoon/early evening and they would do shoots together (set up targets, barricades, timed, scored, etc). Looked like it was a lot of fun but I couldn't participate because it conflicted with work.

What club are you a member at? When I was a member at the Grange, years back, members with IPSC qualification met every Wednesday afternoon/early evening and they would do shoots together (set up targets, barricades, timed, scored, etc). Looked like it was a lot of fun but I couldn't participate because it conflicted with work.

Right now I am a member at Target Sports, and they do have IPSC and IDPA practice every week Wed, and Thurs at night. I just have to ask next time Im there if my temporary black badge will allow me to use my holster and join the practices. I asked the instructor and he said it depends on the clubs rules, not all honor a temp black badge. As I understand it I have to compete in my first match, doesn't matter how I place as long as I finish the match without being DQ'd. Once I do that, then they fill out my blue card, and I send it in, and then I will get my actual full black badge.

When I was there a week ago talking to a range officer, I asked how do I get into the practice, he said do your course and come talk to me. So I am hoping to go there in the next few days and I will see what he says now that I've done the course. Would be great to get some more actual holster practice in before I do my first shoot. And Id still like to volunteer for a match, and or just go watch one as a spectator before I compete in one. Just to get more familiar with how they run, and get more comfortable.....

IPSC was pretty quick! They said it would take a few days but I got an Email yesterday saying that I am already in the IPSC system and can now register/log in and book matches.

Remington 700. Ranges from $449-1079 at basspro depending on configuration. If there's any question about that rifle's capability, it's also known as the M24 sniper rifle used by 4 branches of the U.S. military. Effective range is from 800m(7.62) to 1500m(.338 lapua magnum).

The M24 isn't anywhere near comparable to your run of the mill, off the shelf from a box store model 700... Not by a long shot.

London has some matches for IPSC .

Where can I get a gun license course between Ottawa and Bowmanville?

Brother called a couple of people on some sites, but no callback yet.

Where can I get a gun license course between Ottawa and Bowmanville?

Brother called a couple of people on some sites, but no callback yet.

Try Gagnonsports in Oshawa. Gagnonshootingcentre dot com (not sure if I'm supposed to enter websites). It looks like they have 1 opening for the Restricted (handgun) course for this coming Sunday but the non restricted is full for this Saturdays course according to their website.

It isn't within your Ottawa to Bowmanville criteria but not that much further west.

Last edited:

Look who followed me home
b7c49d71e49c2e1fb017a3f19df96dcd.jpg

Chambered in!?!

9 mil

Bought another sks too, just because...
9cef188567f0e40db832a4a5ed1bf485.jpg

Can't wait to blast!

Nice.
I have the m&p 45. Fantastic gun.

Picked up the Canuck Commander shotgun in bronze a couple weeks back.

Have not shot it yet.

How is polymer in 45?lots of recoil?

That's my shtf sidearm. I'm building a kit.

I love the 45.

Its a slower, heavier bullet and felt recoil is less than a 9 or 40 which I find a lot more "snappy".

Of all my pistols I love the m&p, second only to my sp-01shadow i

Back
Top Bottom