How-To and FAQs | GTAMotorcycle.com

How-To and FAQs

adri

Site Supporter
New riders (or new wrenchers) may be interested in checking this out: www.UpOnOne.com - Motorcycle Videos, Pictures, Links, News, Reviews, How To's, Shops and More!
Lots of How-Tos there, both in .pdf and video format.

To better help you out, see if you can find your service manual here:
**FREE SERVICE MANUALS FOR TONS OF BIKES!-updated July 20**

Don't hesitate to ask, but before you do, be sure to try here first: Search

YouTube is also a great source, lots of people post their own maintenance videos. For example, searching "Ninja 250R oil change" will give you this.

Please add your own help and info links :)

May as well put this at the top:

Beginner-Friendly Maintenance/Repair Tips:

How to Fix Stripped Screw Heads on Motorcycles (or Anything Else)How to Fix Stripped Screw Heads on Motorcycles or Anything Else
How to Jump-Start a Dead Motorcycle with a CarHow to Jump-Start a Motorcycle with a Car
How to Siphon a Motorcycle Gas Tank to Get Dirty Old Gas Out (+ video)How to Siphon a Motorcycle Gas Tank
How To Install a Black Widow Motorcycle Lift (+ video)How To Install a Black Widow Motorcycle Lift
How To Prepare Your Motorcycle for Winter StorageHow To Prepare Your Motorcycle for Winter Storage
How To Tell If Your Dead Motorcycle Battery is Still OK (+ video)Dead Motorcycle Battery: Recharge It Or Replace It?
How To Test Motorcycle Turn Signals (+ video)How To Test Motorcycle Turn Signals
How To Test a Motorcycle Headlight (+ video)How To Test a Motorcycle Headlight
How To Replace a Lost Motorcycle KeyHow To Replace a Lost Motorcycle Key
How To Test a Car Battery (+ video)How To Test a Car Battery
How To Remove a Rear Motorcycle Tire (+ video)How To Remove a Rear Motorcycle Tire
How To Tell If Your Motorcycle Brake Fluid Has Gone Bad (+ video)How To Tell If Your Motorcycle Brake Fluid Has Gone Bad
How To Fill, Charge and Replace a Motorcycle Battery (+ video)How To Fill, Charge and Replace a Motorcycle Battery
How To Bring a Motorcycle Inside for the Winter (+ video)How To Bring a Motorcycle Inside for the Winter
When to Replace Motorcycle Tires (+ video)When to Replace Motorcycle Tires
Motorcycle Air Filters: Everything You Need To Know (+ video)Motorcycle Air Filters: Everything You Need To Know
How To Get An Old Harley-Davidson Running AgainHow To Get An Old Harley-Davidson Running Again
How To Clean White Wall Tires On A Motorcycle (+ video)How To Clean White Wall Tires On A Motorcycle

Beginner-Friendly Motorcycle Modification (mods) Tips:

How to Change Sportster Handlebars (+ video)How to Change Sportster Handlebars
How To Install: Cell Phone Mount & USB ChargerHow To Install: Cell Phone Mount & USB Charger - V-Rod
How to Remove Warning Sticker From Your Motorcycle (without scratching or taking forever)How to Remove Warning Sticker From Your Motorcycle
Flashing LED Brake Light For Motorcycles

Motorcycle Riding Tips for Specific Conditions (all with videos):

How to Ride a Motorcycle in the RainHow to Ride a Motorcycle in the Rain
How To Ride a Motorcycle on Grooved RoadsHow To Ride a Motorcycle on Grooved Roads
How to Ride a Motorcycle in Windy WeatherHow to Ride a Motorcycle in Windy Weather

All Things Money/Finance/Career and Motorcycles:

4 Ways to Make Money with Motorcycles4 Ways to Make Money with Motorcycles
How To Work in the Motorcycle Industry After Graduation (+ video)How To Work in the Motorcycle Industry After Graduation
How To Increase Motorcycle Fuel EconomyHow To Increase Motorcycle Fuel Economy
10 Tips on How to Sell a Motorcycle10 Tips on How to Sell a Motorcycle
10 Ways to Find a Job in the Motorcycle Industry10 Ways to Find a Job in the Motorcycle Industry
How to Import a Motorcycle from the USA to Canada in 8 StepsHow to Import a Motorcycle from the USA to Canada in 8 Steps
How To Get a Lien Removed From a Motorcycle or Car (good & bad news)How To Get a Lien Removed From a Motorcycle or Car in Ontario
How To Get The Ownership of a Motorcycle With No Ownership (+ video)How To Get The Ownership of a Motorcycle With No Ownership
How I Make Easy Money on Harley-Davidson Stock (+ video)How I Make Easy Money on Harley-Davidson Stock
How Not To Get Scammed By A Motorcycle ShopHow Not To Get Scammed By A Motorcycle Shop
How I Got 2 FREE Electric Fat Bikes (+ video)How I Got 2 FREE Electric Fat Bikes
How To Buy a New Motorcycle CheaperHow To Buy a New Motorcycle Cheaper

Vehicle-Specific Info (all with videos too):

How To: Kawasaki Ninja 650R Oil Change
How to Replace the Battery on a BMW F700GS
How to Replace the Battery on a Moto Guzzi V7
Honda CB300R Battery Location, Service, Pigtail Installation
How to Change the Oil on a Suzuki Boulevard M50 / C50
Suzuki Boulevard M50/C50 Shaft Drive Oil Change / Final Gear Oil Change
How to do an Oil Change on the BMW F800R
How to do an Oil Change on a Harley-Davidson V-Rod
How To Install a Daymaker Headlight on a V-Rod
How To: Change the Oil on a Harley-Davidson Sportster
How to Change the Oil on a BMW F700GS
How To: Change the Oil on a Triumph Street Triple R
How To: Yamaha XSR900 Oil & Filter Change
How To Read Error Codes on Your Yamaha Motorcycles (XSR900, MT09, FJ09, R6, etc.)
How To: Honda Fury Shaft Drive Oil Change / Final Gear Oil Change
How To: Honda Fury Oil & Filter Change
How To Bleed Brakes on a Honda Fury
How To Change Oil on a Triumph Bonneville
How To: Change Oil on a Suzuki TU250X
How To: Change the Oil & Filter on a Vespa Primavera or Vespa Sprint
How To Bleed Brakes on a Suzuki Boulevard S40
How To Install GIVI Monokey Rack (BMW G650GS)
How To Change Oil & Filter on a Suzuki Boulevard S40 / Suzuki Savage
How To Bleed Brakes on a Suzuki Boulevard S40
Harley-Davidson Sportster Chain Conversion: Pros and Cons
How To Install an LED Headlight On a Vespa
How To Get An Old Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Running Again
How To Change Oil & Filter on a Honda CB500F / CBR500R / CB500X
Best 5 Upgrades & Mods For a Suzuki Boulevard M50
How To Install an LED Headlight On a Vespa
How To Upgrade the Headlight on a BMW G650GS

More from others and myself down below so keep on scrolling. More good info ahead.

Last edited:
Step by Step guide from getting your licence to buying your bike -
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=116373

Working on my own "How to buy your first motorcycle guide", an expanded version of the above, off-site for better keywording, hopefully easier for non members to find via Google.

How to buy your first motorcycle / Index page
> Getting motorcycle insurance
> Get your motorcycle license (M1)
> Do the practice M1 motorcycle test online
> Everything you need to know about getting your M2
> Buying your first motorcycle: New or Used and how not to get ripped off
> Motorcycle Gear: Should I buy new or used?

Been around GTAM way too long, and hear the same questions asked a lot, so I try to include everything.

For example the M2 page looks at taking the course vs. doing the ministry test, tips on saving money, an more detailed overview of the nearest riding schools and a recommendation.

Thanks Viffer and Banger for letting me use some of their work :) Lots more to come, all input and help is welcome!

Last edited:
Hi Adri,

Can't believe that nobody has responded and thanked you (as well as El Zilcho and getfunky) for this thread yet.

Thanks!

But, there goes my productivity for the day!

Hi Adri,

Can't believe that nobody has responded and thanked you (as well as El Zilcho and getfunky) for this thread yet.

Thanks!

But, there goes my productivity for the day!

Thanks! Kinda forgot about it but glad someone out there found it helpful. Can't believe it's been almost a decade. Guess I should put some fresh links up.

Hopefully if I get smoked on my bike this season someone will say some nice words, like "man, his blog and vlog posts were terrible but he sure did want to help." lol

Ride safe guys.

PS: I get a ton of "no **** captain obvious" type of comments on my youtube videos... *shrug*... maybe I'm the only one who wasn't born knowing any of this stuff, but I wanted to share what I've learned over the years just in case there are others out there who are just like me :)

Oh, and if you guys need help with anything motorcycle service/transportation/etc. please message me on GTAM or on the contact page on my site.

UPDATE DEC 6 2020: Made a half dozen new how to articles and videos this season. Moved the table to the first post of this thread.
UPDATE MAR 8 2021: Added another handful of how to articles, many specific to the Honda Fury.
UPDATE AUG 12 2021: Added another handful of how to articles around brake maintenance and battery replacement / care.
UPDATE APR 13 2022: Added a few more, been lazy/busy/riding, sorry!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom