Cycle Werx | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cycle Werx

There is no controversy about cycle werx, one guy just seems to have a vendetta. This one douche spams the same post a million times, meanwhile lots of us type single post positive reviews and they get marginalized by this big-font typing fool.

One guy has no vendetta - one guy merely had a bad experience and wrote a SINGLE honest (but negative) review about cyclewerx and by the reaction of some of the members of this forum you would think the sky was falling or I was slamming their mother or something (tissue?) - the rest of the posts this "one guy" made were to respond to comments made about him personally or his initial review.

Funny how you jokers have to spend your time bashing people who submit reviews that aren't to your liking. Real democratic. Just wondering ...why are you continually bitching about comments made in the REVIEW section of this site anyway? (It's not called "Review the Reviews" section now is it?!). Why don't you go slam members of this forum elsewhere? There has to be a more suitable thread for this pathetic banter back and forth - I know I'm growing weary of it. There are many other threads on Motorcycle.com that might be suitable for you to vent in.

I know you adore cyclewerx and I know the owners are your buddies and I know for every negative post you will post 3 positive (you are good friends - that's nice). I had a bad experience at cyclewerx and I wrote about it (gasp!) Real sorry about that. Time to accept this and move on. Go for a ride or something... clear the head and shed all that anger.

I'm not friends with the people at cyclewerx, just a client. Posting a negative review is valid and even potentially helpful/informative. But, the manner in which you posted (repeatedly and in large fonts) was obnoxious and unproductive. Consider this my review of you.

But, the manner in which you posted (repeatedly and in large fonts) was obnoxious and unproductive. Consider this my review of you.

Funny - read your second last post above Ant. Calling someone a "douche" and a "fool" and wrongfully interpreting legitimate posts as a "vendetta" ... now isn't that obnoxious and unproductive? (lol) P.S. Consider this my review of you. :p

I've had my bike in here a few times for tire changes and minor fixes. The guys have been good at repairs, reasonably priced and helpful. I'm happy. They are also about 5 minutes from my house which is a huge bonus :D

Cycle Werx Works

I've been taking my 1997 Zx6 to CycleWerx for the past year and a half. I had already been going to Cycle World Superstore before and had a spring tune-up that left me displeased with my choice of service.. enough that it was time to start looking around. I found Werx randomly, driving past, thought I'd give them a shot. They've been suprisingly polite and very honest. I picked up my bike & they came out and attached a 2ndary battery [ for a cold start] so that mine would remain Fresh! Even the odd friendly discount when it came to a tow + service. Had them clean my filter and carbs and she's been purring ever since. Great advice when they give you repair options. Ill keep you guys posted on any service that I get done in the spring.

Last edited:
+3 for Cycle Werx. I have taken my bike there three times now, carb sync, rear brake job, front brake job. Every time they were very polite and accommodating. I will be coming back.

hmmm... I just picked up a 1974 Honda 550 and live close to Cycle Werx…. Anyone out there with a good or bad experience there? Or if anyone knows of a better shop/mechanic for an older Hondas CB550’s let me know.

Thanks,
I’m a Noob.

I've been going to Cyclewerx for 2 years now and I have nothing but good things to say. I first brought my CB1100F to them and now I bring my 08 CBF1000 to them rather than the dealer. Buddy is good.

Sean

I dropped by in a busy SAT at cyclewrex a week ago, and talked to Tom and Dan about an issue. Even thou they were busy as hell, both Tom and Dan took the time to look at my problem and what was needed. I think they were great.

I don't live to far from CycleWerx either......I actually find myself passing by and taking a look at all the bikes they have out since the Timmies opened up there a few months ago.

Cruiser24......have you gone back to talk to the owner? Reason being, everyone has bad days and when he took your call he could've been venting (he is human).

And about being "slammed" by others.....get used to it........I did:p

Cruiser24's account was only made to trash this place and he hasn't been online since.

Anyone can post anything online, true or not. The only people I find credible on GTAM are the ones with good reputations among those of us who know each personally. The supposed "true story" experiences of these one-hit-wonder accounts don't really impress me...

Since my last post in here I've run into Tom a few times in his neighbourhood while on foot and he's always been friendly and approachable as ever. Which is good, 'cause in all honesty, if someone I knew through work approached me outside of work I might not be as friendly lol.

I think I'll pass by some time soon and see what's up and what pretty bikes are kicking around this season.

I dunno i was all ready to go there from all the good reviews ive heard, not to mention they are ridiculously close to my house (i could have walked there). I called first cus i know shops are usually busy and most of the time dont like drop ins and i wasnt sure what their hours were. Whoever answered the phone was a real dick to me, right from the minute i asked my first question (How late are you open, which i figured was a reasonable question for a shop thats still answering the phone at 5:30pm) he acted like i was wasting his time, and told me i was going to have to leave the bike there all day and maybe it would be done by the end of the day and maybe not, because they are "so so busy we dont have time".

I mean, really, i dont mind the place being busy, and you telling me you cant get it done today, or tomorrow, or the next day, or even that youre all booked up for the next 5 months. Just tell me when you can get it done, and dont be a dick about it like i should be grateful that youre even speaking to me. Dont tell me "Leave your bike and we'll get to it when we get to it", considering it was something simple and i had it done at another shop in less than 10 minutes, even though they were also really busy. I wouldnt even mind having to wait an hour or 2 at the shop for the mechanics to be free, but really im not going to wait a week or even a full day for a 10 minute job i can literally get done at any shop, and that doesnt even involve picking up a wrench.

I dont know who the guy was on the phone cus ive never been there, so maybe thats just the way he talks or whatever, but really, why would i go spend my money somewhere that treats a potential new customer as if they are wasting the shops time?

I dunno i was all ready to go there from all the good reviews ive heard, not to mention they are ridiculously close to my house (i could have walked there). I called first cus i know shops are usually busy and most of the time dont like drop ins and i wasnt sure what their hours were. Whoever answered the phone was a real dick to me, right from the minute i asked my first question (How late are you open, which i figured was a reasonable question for a shop thats still answering the phone at 5:30pm) he acted like i was wasting his time, and told me i was going to have to leave the bike there all day and maybe it would be done by the end of the day and maybe not, because they are "so so busy we dont have time".

I mean, really, i dont mind the place being busy, and you telling me you cant get it done today, or tomorrow, or the next day, or even that youre all booked up for the next 5 months. Just tell me when you can get it done, and dont be a dick about it like i should be grateful that youre even speaking to me. Dont tell me "Leave your bike and we'll get to it when we get to it", considering it was something simple and i had it done at another shop in less than 10 minutes, even though they were also really busy. I wouldnt even mind having to wait an hour or 2 at the shop for the mechanics to be free, but really im not going to wait a week or even a full day for a 10 minute job i can literally get done at any shop, and that doesnt even involve picking up a wrench.

I dont know who the guy was on the phone cus ive never been there, so maybe thats just the way he talks or whatever, but really, why would i go spend my money somewhere that treats a potential new customer as if they are wasting the shops time?

If you called yesterday you just caught everyone on a bad day. I was there to pick up some engine oil and they were all really stressed. A couple of people where not feeling well and they were quite backlogged. So I can see if someone was rude/short with you.

I had them try and install my frame sliders on, they actually took everything apart and then realized that the rod for the sliders was just a tad short. They put the bike together and even cleaned and lubed up the chain. All the for the fantastic price of $0.00. I don't care what other think, that puts them in my good book and would recommend them to anyone.

No it wasnt yesterday it was a couple days ago.

Anyway i was just sharing my story, i never actually went there for service but i can see how maybe the OP was upset by the attitude he got, seems like i got the same. Possibly it was the same guy and he just sounds really standoffish all the time? I dont know. Maybe i'll call again sometime and see if i can get someone nicer on the phone to book an appointment, cus like i said... very convenient location for me if i do need major service that will take a few days, and everyone seems to have great things to say about them.

Time for a bump.
Tom and the crew are decent guys who do good work. Just got an oil change done recently and they did a few other small things that I asked to have done for no extra charge and with a smile.

Will keep going back. They are very busy in there, so I usually pop by on my way home from work to set up an appointment, as they are a 5 minutes from home.

On a side note, they just started carrying the Wurth HHS2000 chain lube which is good stuff and makes chains last forever...

That doesn't sound like Tom to me. He's always been pretty polite with customers either on the phone or in person whenever I am over at the shop shooting the **** with them. Trust me when I say they get alot of phone calls because it never stops ringing when I am trying to have a conversation with Tom and I haven't once heard him act rude on the phone or in person. Maybe you did catch him on an offday but I'm sure everyone has one of those days.

No it wasnt yesterday it was a couple days ago.

Anyway i was just sharing my story, i never actually went there for service but i can see how maybe the OP was upset by the attitude he got, seems like i got the same. Possibly it was the same guy and he just sounds really standoffish all the time? I dont know. Maybe i'll call again sometime and see if i can get someone nicer on the phone to book an appointment, cus like i said... very convenient location for me if i do need major service that will take a few days, and everyone seems to have great things to say about them.

I have not personally had any work done by Cycle Werx BUT the previous owner of my current ride had the bike maintained there for 2 years. He had it rewired, a dyna ignition module installed and a few other odds and ends.

The bike is a 1976 KZ900 and runs like a top so based on his experience I dropped in there last week and ordered a new handlebar (it has clubmans on it now) to ease the pain in my old man wrists and back LOL!! sytle is great but comfort is my thing these days :). The guy standing outside having a smoke was hilarious, very polite and helpful. The handlebar will be in tomorrow :)

The place was jammed to the doors with bikes and the parking lot was full. That alone says a lot to me for a non-dealer shop to be that busy.

Cruiser24's account was only made to trash this place and he hasn't been online since.

Anyone can post anything online, true or not. The only people I find credible on GTAM are the ones with good reputations among those of us who know each personally. The supposed "true story" experiences of these one-hit-wonder accounts don't really impress me...

Since my last post in here I've run into Tom a few times in his neighbourhood while on foot and he's always been friendly and approachable as ever. Which is good, 'cause in all honesty, if someone I knew through work approached me outside of work I might not be as friendly lol.

I think I'll pass by some time soon and see what's up and what pretty bikes are kicking around this season.

ya
and i got a warning from GTA over this thread like a few yrs ago lol
over some guy who just comes and leaves!!!
and i did not even say anything rude. just said my positive review of this shop!!

I took my bike yesterday for a tires change, and Tom was very polite and he took care of my bike no problem!! I definitely will bring my bike there again for service!!!!!!
also pricing was good compared to other shops!

WOW. i just called cycle werx to ask a few questions. I ask prices to safty a scooter. And also my scooter ran out of gas, and even when filled again, it will not start. The mechanice (nicest guy ever), said to bring it in and he will take a look, but beofr i do that, try a few things. he gave me the best advice i could think of. I can wait to get home and fix my own scooter. First impressions are everything. way to go cycle werx
Mitch

Back
Top Bottom