Cycle Werx | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cycle Werx

Ya - and how many of those "positive" reviews are from legitimate customers! My guess is next to none....
What a joke - Keep posting your own rave reviews cyclewerx! :p[/SIZE]

Says the guy with 4 posts. 3 of which are in this thread (and thats including the repost.)

A couple of days ago, I accidentally left my keys in the ignition with the lights on and drained (for the first time) an expensive battery which I had bought brand new less than two months ago (I still have the package and everything). I brought it in to the guys at cycle werx and asked if they could charge it up for me. They told me it would cost me $10 and to come back at 6pm. I explained that I had simply drained it and also told them that the battery was practically brand new. The guy says "are you sure it's brand new?". I told him I bought it two months ago and yes it was brand new.
Sure enough, when I returned to cycle werx at 6pm I was told (sheepishly) that my battery was dead and that I would have to buy a new one. I asked for my old battery back and was brought into a room at the back displaying shelves with a bunch of old batteries. I mentioned that I would like to take my battery with me so that I could try to return it to the manufacturer. I then questioned the guy as to whether he had made a mistake as the battery I was given back (although the same make as the one I brought in) had more wear and tear and the red lettering was far more faded (almost illegible) than the one I had brough in that same day. The guy seemed nervous and awkward and would not make eye contact. He insisted it was my battery.

Anyway, long story short I take my battery and proceed to leave the store... as I'm leaving the guy says "uh..." I turn around and the guy says "Ya, I'm just wondering if I should charge you or not" .. I replied "I hope not, the battery was never charged".

The next day I called and asked to speak to the owner. Apparantly "Tom" the owner answered the phone. I explained what happened and he immediately was rude and defensive, accusing me of taking advantage of his staff. He said it happens all the time... guys come in and blame the staff of pulling one over on them (a trend at this shop?? ... strange). He went on to say that whenever a battery comes into his shop they immediately put a clients name on it. Funny, no one even took my name when I dropped it off and there was no name on it when I picked it up. Nor did I see any other names on the batteries in the back room. Obviously Tom doesn't really know the procedures in his own shop - either that or his staff don't bother following this "standard" protocol. Either way, Tom's handling of the situation was brutal and speaks volumes as to the caliber of shop I foolishly dealt with. I should have known not to go back to Cycle Werx after getting a quote for front brake pads that was $50 higher than another shop in town recently.

I will never go back to cycle werx and I encourage you to think twice about bringing your bike to this shop. Should you risk it - video document or mark your parts. Set up a sting somehow... now that would be sweet. These con artists need to be exposed.

The only thing I'll put against these guys is their quote of 2 hours labor to install a scorpio alarm system. End result: I'll get it installed somewhere else. What'd I lose: uh… 1 minute of my time by calling them, big deal.

I ordered a new chain & sprockets from them. The sprockets were what the book specified for my bike, that’s why CycleWerx ordered them, but they did not match what I already had in the bike. I took the sprockets back, OVER A MONTH LATER (I was out of the country), with the receipt, Tom had no problems giving me a credit note. Now I'm getting some break pads :)

Outside of work, Tom saw me one night pulled over on the side of the street and came over (along with his lady and their dog) to see if I needed help. I hadn't even noticed him but he came by to lend I hand if I needed it. I also found him at CycleWerx in those ice cold months dec-feb when I was out there riding, he was still in there, freezing his butt off, fixing and looking after the bikes.

Verdict: Another set of good experiences. Yep, I found cheaper places to bring my bike but the same would go for any shop. I've never known Tom to be ticked off like that, from all my experiences he's a good, patient dude.

You might feel sheisted, and it's understandable, but you left your keys in your bike, and all you lost was a battery? Some of us didn't leave our keys in our bikes and had our bikes stolen anyway. You got off lucky.

Ya - and how many of those "positive" reviews are from legitimate customers! My guess is next to none....
What a joke - Keep posting your own rave reviews cyclewerx! :p

ur funny
very reliable and crediable ur posts are!!!!(4)

NOT!
ive known them for years
u spend $10 and expect to be treated like the king of the customers???
good luck on your new shop to find!!

ur funny
very reliable and crediable ur posts are!!!!(4)

NOT!
ive known them for years
u spend $10 and expect to be treated like the king of the customers???
good luck on your new shop to find!!

Doesn't really matter whether he spent $10 or $0 if his story is true. Every customer should be treated and spoken to in a civil manner. I cant say whether this actually happened or not but if it did I wouldn't go there. I guess all you can do is judge for yourself by giving them a try on something small.

The thing is that we all know Tom and we all have done business with him and we were happy and if there ever was something he could help with he would do... There's was times when i wanted something done right away he would do his best to help out... Now ppl can have bad and good days or anything it dosent mean every customer that walks in and walks is going to happy... We all have are days and maybe Tom had bad day when you saw him, if it really got you upset maybe you should go back and talk to him face to face and tell him how you feel and I think he would understand....

Suicide questions the reliability and credibility of my post and he's getting all worked up that I posted the same post more than once? um... shocking isn't it suiside (lol)? Don't get your panties in a knot there brother and get over it. And feel free to post as many post's as you would like - it's a free world. Oh ya, by the way - I had no problem finding another shop : )

My post was 100% truthful (why would I waste my time posting the complaint to begin with - I do have a life), and J depp is bang on - regardless of the amount spent at a shop and regardless of the scenario, no customer deserves to be lambasted immediately when the owner is presented with an issue. Smart business owners keep their cool and should at least try to keep their customers happy (not ripped off). They at least should hear what their clients have to say and should look to resolve issues - not fan the flames and make things worse (we wouldn't even be having this conversation had my phone call been taken seriously). Tom at cycle werx had no interest in even hearing what I had to say and I was extremely polite, calm and collected when I called him.

I've heard the wait times are horrible at cycle werx from several riders, so I'm assuming they don't really need or want the business bad enough to entertain resolving issues such as mine. Perhaps they are too busy, as pleasing customers is definately not a priority for them - or perhaps they save their happy faces and good service for their small circle of friends - like suicide and others who seem to adore and speak so highly of them on this thread. Could it be that these guys are getting all the servicing?

Perhaps they are too busy, as pleasing customers is definately not a priority for them - or perhaps they save their happy faces and good service for their small circle of friends - like suicide and others who seem to adore and speak so highly of them on this thread. Could it be that these guys are getting all the servicing?

The first time I was ever at cyclewerx, I had a partially broken clutch lever. It was 2 hours past their closing time (you couldnt tell they were closed, the lot was full of people and bikes). Tom came out, matched up the lever and sold me a replacement part. I'd say that's pretty good service for a complete stranger only spending $15.

Hey cruiser24, you don't have to pump up your font size to get our attention. We can read your posts fine with normal sized type. So is bashing Cyclewerx your only reason for joining this forum? Or are you going to stick around and be a contributing member? Why not post a positive review of the shop you went to? Also, Cyclewerx is backlogged because it's peak riding season and everyone wants their bike fixed pronto. And as I mentioned in the other thread, Tom's shop has taken a lot of customers that used to go to McBrides and Cycleword. He opened his shop before those 2 places went down and hadn't forcasted the increase in repair business. If Tom was only good to a few regular customers he would go out of business very quickly.

Actually bashing cycle werx WAS the primary reason I found and joined this forurm. I figured I owed it to other riders to provide my review of cycle werx in the event that someone was considering going to this particular shop. Didn't want others to get get burned. Now that I'm on the site I hope explore other threads and discussions. I'm actually tired talking about cyclewerx truthfully, but felt I should respond to those people (such as yourself) who seem to get all upset with me for actually commenting negatively about their buddies shop. Why don't you all (b400, Rsilk, Suiside, Retro Grouch - with the emphasis on grouch) simply stop commenting on my posts??

As far as my type set - I wanted my review to get noticed. I decided to go with a larger font. Get over it. Worked well as far as I'm concerned.

As far as posting a review on the other shops I have gone to in the city with good service and better rates. Please keep your eyes peeled as I do plan to post other threads. I just joined last week....

:p

Why don't you all (b400, Rsilk, Suiside, Retro Grouch - with the emphasis on grouch) simply stop commenting on my posts??

I could stop commenting on your posts but I love SEEING your responses. You simply stated your story, so I stated mine.

From now on try not to drain your battery and for god sakes if you do, buy a charger and charge it yourself. It'll pay for itself in no time...

Worked well as far as I'm concerned.

meh, mostly it makes you look like an *******.

Cycle Werx should thank you, people are probably going to go there just to prove you wrong.

I do own a charger and I will Definitely use it next time!

:p

I could stop commenting on your posts but I love SEEING your responses.

And I love seeing all of your comments also! (lol)

It's funny how worked up you guys get over my one negative review of cyclewerx. A little sensitive - don't you think?!

And I love seeing all of your comments also! (lol)

It's funny how worked up you guys get over my one negative review of cyclewerx. A little sensitive - don't you think?!

Dear cruiser24
I’ve notice your personal disappointed experience & comment, about this place, regardless what happen to you in the past! But; can you please steep forward head so can give your self a change; If you think that place do not excel of what they do!? Move on! Find another anonymous enjoyable forum where it meets your need and your personality, standard & your live style
Honestly new.look.of http://www.millspsychology.ca/ http://www.drsimon.ca/

So another whiny beach joins our ranks... maybe now that his rant's over he'll go back to wherever he came from :)

Anyway, I was a lil disappointed that the store's site didn't have a notice saying they would be closed today, neither did the voicemail. I thought that might be the case when no one answered the phone but since they're close I went by anyway. Not the smartest decision on my part, but some notice would have been nice. I was planning on installing the break pads I ordered myself over the long weekend, damn :s

So I'm newbie to this site and have been following this thread, and yes this is my first post.

Here's what I can tell you about Tom and his shop, he is a fantastic mechanic and an honest person, (he has one of my bikes Honda CB350 currently in his shop and is now looking for a secondary bike for me). I have been to the shop on several occasions and have never seen him or any of his staff act in an inappropriate manner, on the contrary

My only and final words to Crusier24 do you really think Tom has any benefit from "switching" a battery??? please, you’re the kid in kindergarten that was always crying about something and always blaming someone else for all you issues, get a life.

There seems to be a lot of controversy regarding Cyclewerx. Well, I will post up a review as my bike will be in there on Saturday for some major repairs.

I recently wrote a review on the Motorcyclist, which is a great shop downtown. Unfortunately, Sham (the owner) does not have capacity to take my bike until September (crazy!). But, he did refer me to Cyclewerx.

Will let y'all know how it goes.

There is no controversy about cycle werx, one guy just seems to have a vendetta. This one douche spams the same post a million times, meanwhile lots of us type single post positive reviews and they get marginalized by this big-font typing fool.

Anyway, to put my two cents in, these guys set the bar in terms of customer service at bike shops in the GTA for me. I've gone to them before and I wouldn't think twice about going to them again (if, god forbid, my poor bike has anymore problems). They are very busy though, so if you need a quick turnaround you should probably ask them beforehand if they can meet your requirements.

Back
Top Bottom