Cycle Werx | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cycle Werx

Another positive experience with CycleWerx. My tail light had stopped working, had changed the bulb already but no luck.

Went to CycleWerx, one of the guys had a quick look and replaced the burned fuse for me. Could have figured that out myself, guess my brain wasn't working well that day. :rolleyes:

He correctly warned me that this might happen again as it's not clear why the fuse blew in the first place.

Awesome guys! Super helpful and kind.

Nothing but high regard for them.

I had a great experience with them. I had a meeting inthe building next door to them and thought I would try to sneak in an oil change while I was there. Despite being clearly busy, they welcomed me me graciously and I was ready to go by the end of my meeting. Plus they offered to look after my gear for me, which I thought was really great although I didnt take them up on it. I've asked shops before if I could leave my helmet (so I didnt have to carry it around while they worked) and was told no.

Last edited:
Just a +1 on the good reviews for Cycle Werx. A friend recommended the place. Just did an oil change & chain adjustment this morning. Tom and rest of the staff were very pleasant, laid-back and informative. As a n00b they were also helpful in giving the bike a good once-over and pointing out that my rear brake pads were looking thin. I'll go back again for sure.

I have a 2008 Suzuki S50 (VS800) and have been dealing with Cycle Werx since 2008. They have given tuneups, rad flush, fork seal replacements, brake pad replacements, battery replacement, valve adjustments, bike not starting problems, tire replacements, electrical problem with signal lights, etc. Hmmm looking at this list almost makes you think I bought a lemon. :)

I have never had a problem with them - a 10 out of 10.
Barry Wright
100 Spadina Road
Currently moving to Saskatchewan hope I find a bike shop as good as this one.

I was in over the winter looking for 2 valve shims, they're usually around $10 each.

First I went to Studio Cycle Group. I talked to some really rude old guy I hadn't seen there before. First he tried to talk me out of doing the job myself, then told me you can't just buy a single valve shim - it doesn't work like that, and finally tried to sell me a valve shim kit for $70+ buck. My experiences there have been a mixed bag, and this is one of the bad ones.

Afterward I went to CycleWerx: what a difference! I asked if they sell individual valve shims. They reluctantly offered to let me take a handful as long as I promised to bring back whatever I didn't end up using and pay for the rest. I said I'd rather give them a deposit of $10 each and come back for a refund, just so they didn't worry they'd never see me again.

VERY COOL GUYS! I think I've found my go to spot when I need help or get in over my head.

Just bought my first bike and needed to get it looked over. A friend recommended these guys, and they were phenomenal. It's been insane this time of year trying to get service, everyone wants back on the road, but they booked me a time in a day later. I showed up, they talked me through everything, what they'd be checking, with just the right about of light hearted banter. Made me feel very comfortable being in their watch. They let me know if might take a few hours, (6 bikes came in before mine, at 11am) but by 2pm I was back on my Kawi with a clean bill of health. Anthony let me know my rear pads were getting lower, and offered to order them in so they'd be ready when the old ones gave out. There was never even a bit of up sell, (something I was worried as an inexperienced rider).

Even though he was extremely busy, he took the time to answer my questions about what I can service myself, and bike security. Shared some tips with me about my model in particular and was very patient with me. Not a hint of talking-down. Was very comfortable there, and the prices were excellent for the customer service. I'll definitely be coming back to the shop for future work.

Highly recommend them.

I took a bike to cycle werks that was safetied by cycle werks two months prior. They wanted $1000.. After i told them i had the safety certificate from the previous owner which they issued 2 months ago they did not say much and then said they probably screwed up on the other safety. So i went home

Next day, I had the bike safetied by Ken (knee dragger) with just a new rear tire.

I just called Cycle Werx and had to deal with one unpleasant character! Whoever answers the phone there should learn the ethics of customer service... That individual just blew it for his company. I am taking my business elsewhere...

I just called Cycle Werx and had to deal with one unpleasant character! Whoever answers the phone there should learn the ethics of customer service... That individual just blew it for his company. I am taking my business elsewhere...
Did he have a non-north american accent?

Last edited:
I have a serious business ethics complaint to issue against Cyclewerx, a motorcycle service and repair shop business based in Toronto, Canada. In fall 2014, I gave them a fully assembled 1976 Honda vintage motorcycle for them to rebuild and restore it fully. I paid thousands in pre-work deposits in cash and debit/credit to start the project. The bike was never rebuilt, and it sat unassembled for two years in a few storage bins on site at their garage. Some work was eventually done on the engine and some paint work was done on parts. During those two years, I called for updates on a weekly basis for two years, and not once did they return my phone call messages. If I was lucky, I was able to speak with them on the phone if they were available and I was able to catch them. I reverted to in-peron visits when they would not return my phone calls. These in person visits are a 30 min drive from my residence. I would visit them in person weekly for updates for 2 years and was given ongoing promises of starting the project "soon". They continued to push back on finishing either because it was busy season or because they couldn't get to it. I finally pulled my motorcycle out in May, 2016. They've had it for almost two years. They demanded that I paid full price which was an additional few thousands of dollars to get it out of there for "work completed". They also requested half the money be in a cash settlement. They gave me back my motorcycle in individual pieces and parts, unassembled and work incomplete. After doing an inventory on the individual parts returned, I have realized that only 75% of the hardware of the bike has been returned back to me. They have lost vintage parts on my motorcycle and now it cannot can't be re assembled or restored because those parts don't exist anymore. I continue to call them to ask for the remaining parts and they do not call me back. Please help ensure that they don't repeat this unethical behavior to others who are looking to work with their business.

I posted this in the review section of services/dealers/mechanics as well.

Back
Top Bottom