Cycle Werx | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cycle Werx

F

fatts360

If you haven't already herd of this place you should check it out.

Cycle Werx
1660 Bloor Street West

Tom and Dan did an awesome job with my bike, extremely helpful.

'77 CB550

sure you didn't just sign up just to advertise?

fatts360 said:
If you haven't already herd of this place you should check it out.

Cycle Werx
1660 Bloor Street West

Tom and Dan did an awesome job with my bike, extremely helpful.

'77 CB550

heheh. Seeing as your "still waiting" for your bike, and have only 3 posts here.... you have how much say again?

He says hes happy. this is the correct forum. Little odd he has only 1 posts (this being the only one) but hey. Hes entitled to his opinion.

Just like your entitled to mine :D

Nites

wow..lol. i been to cycle werx with my gs500 to get a tire. nice guy. i forgot his name since it was awhile ago. but thats funny. i would post some more before posting that. poor guy, he got slamed. i give cycle werx an A+. I'm new here but had 2 bikes before and had one serviced there as well. :). lol.

hmmm... I just picked up a 1974 Honda 550 and live close to Cycle Werx…. Anyone out there with a good or bad experience there? Or if anyone knows of a better shop/mechanic for an older Hondas CB550’s let me know.

Thanks,
I’m a Noob.

Cyclewerx is one of the few shops that's good at fixing old bikes.

thanks. good to know.
Hopefully I can do most of the work myself but its good to know I have a decent shop near by to fix my mistakes. Haha

Your bike looks wicked in that picture btw

thanks. good to know.
Hopefully I can do most of the work myself but its good to know I have a decent shop near by to fix my mistakes. Haha

Your bike looks wicked in that picture btw

Thanks, it'll look even better on the street. My season starts next week. Drop by www.dotheton.com Lots of 550 owners there.

Today was the first time I ever stopped by... they were closed, but they still helped me. Super nice guys. A+ in books.

Yeah I'll give these guys credit, they help you even when they can't help you. Much love for CycleWerx. They sell me my two-stroke oil at a few bucks cheaper per litre than my dealer does. Doesn't sound like much but it adds up.

Before I bought a new house in Mississauga last summer, I serviced my VTR250 at CycleWerx. Based on my experience, Tom and his crew are professional and truly enjoy working on motorcycles!

Went there last saturday for the first time to get a new handle bar installed. They close at 3pm and I showed up just after 5. Tom was just cleaning up and closing show when I showed up, he still took the time to talk to me and take a work order for my bike. He could have easily told me that they were closed and send me on my way. That puts them in my good books. If they give me back my bike in the time he quoted, then they have made me a permanent customer.

i think i made the first post about this shop when they just opened
tom has been the only mechanic that has done anything to my bikes for the past 6 yrs
definitly trustable, fair and helpfull
A+++++++++++

yes thats correct
my bad
but i was actually talking about posting it!!!!lol
did i not show u the computer and how it works the first time???;)

u win
ill see u on the turn!!!!! lol
second thought:
after the turn, try to ......

Last edited by a moderator:
loool.... 02 VS 06 no chance ma friend, make sure you have your eyes on my pipe so you dont get lost on the way...:happy3::D

I asked these guys about installing a Scorpio alarm, they said it would would be around 2 - 2.5 hours of work...

Everyone on the board told me it's about 45 minutes...

Rip off much?

A couple of days ago, I accidentally left my keys in the ignition with the lights on and drained (for the first time) an expensive battery which I had bought brand new less than two months ago (I still have the package and everything). I brought it in to the guys at cycle werx and asked if they could charge it up for me. They told me it would cost me $10 and to come back at 6pm. I explained that I had simply drained it and also told them that the battery was practically brand new. The guy says "are you sure it's brand new?". I told him I bought it two months ago and yes it was brand new.

Sure enough, when I returned to cycle werx at 6pm I was told (sheepishly) that my battery was dead and that I would have to buy a new one. I asked for my old battery back and was brought into a room at the back displaying shelves with a bunch of old batteries. I mentioned that I would like to take my battery with me so that I could try to return it to the manufacturer. I then questioned the guy as to whether he had made a mistake as the battery I was given back (although the same make as the one I brought in) had more wear and tear and the red lettering was far more faded (almost illegible) than the one I had brough in that same day. The guy seemed nervous and awkward and would not make eye contact. He insisted it was my battery.

Anyway, long story short I take my battery and proceed to leave the store... as I'm leaving the guy says "uh..." I turn around and the guy says "Ya, I'm just wondering if I should charge you or not" .. I replied "I hope not, the battery was never charged".

The next day I called and asked to speak to the owner. Apparantly "Tom" the owner answered the phone. I explained what happened and he immediately was rude and defensive, accusing me of taking advantage of his staff. He said it happens all the time... guys come in and blame the staff of pulling one over on them (a trend at this shop?? ... strange). He went on to say that whenever a battery comes into his shop they immediately put a clients name on it. Funny, no one even took my name when I dropped it off and there was no name on it when I picked it up. Nor did I see any other names on the batteries in the back room. Obviously Tom doesn't really know the procedures in his own shop - either that or his staff don't bother following this "standard" protocol. Either way, Tom's handling of the situation was brutal and speaks volumes as to the caliber of shop I foolishly dealt with. I should have known not to go back to Cycle Werx after getting a quote for front brake pads that was $50 higher than another shop in town recently.

I will never go back to cycle werx and I encourage you to think twice about bringing your bike to this shop. Should you risk it - video document or mark your parts. Set up a sting somehow... now that would be sweet. These con artists need to be exposed.

1 negative vs 10 positives
Looks like we have a winner.

/rs

Ya - and how many of those "positive" reviews are from legitimate customers! My guess is next to none....
What a joke - Keep posting your own rave reviews cyclewerx! :p

Back
Top Bottom