Did the 1/4 mile... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did the 1/4 mile...

Is St. Thomas still 20 feet shorter than TMP? I recall that being the case 10+ years ago when I used to run my car out there...

not that I know of.

Nice run! What was your launch technique?

rev it up to 10,000, slip the clutch, twist the throttle, fight to keep the front end down for the first 2 gears!

Here are my personal best times
1989 zx7. 11.20 cant remember mph stock
1992 gsxr 750. 11.00 @ 122 stock
2001 gsxr 1000. 9.82. @ 142 strapped, pipe, pc3
2006 zx6r 636. 10.31 @ 130 strapped, pipe, pc3
2006 R6. 10.3 @ 131 4 stretch stock
2008 zx14. 9.82 @ 145. Stock
2012 bmw S1000rr. 9.9 @ 146 stock wheelie machine short shifting 1st gear

They are al stock wheelbase, foot shifting, stock clutch, anything is possible with seat time.

Last edited:
Here are my personal best times
1989 zx7. 11.20 cant remember mph stock
1992 gsxr 750. 11.00 @ 122 stock
2001 gsxr 1000. 9.82. @ 142 strapped, pipe, pc3
2006 zx6r 636. 10.31 @ 130 strapped, pipe, pc3
2006 R6. 10.3 @ 131 4 stretch stock
2008 zx14. 9.82 @ 145. Stock
2012 bmw S1000rr. 9.9 @ 146 stock wheelie machine short shifting 1st gear

They are al stock wheelbase, foot shifting, stock clutch, anything is possible with seat time.

Wow. Those times are quite impressive. Congrats.

let me know when u guys head out again.im in for a wednsday or friday night meet.I dont expect any super fast time considering its my first time drag racing a bike.I have to figure out how the best way to launch my bike.either way im asuming my trap speed should still be in the 130-135mph mark regardless of e.t so it should be some real fun.
oh yeah im riding a 03 gsxr 1000.all stock with a bolt on M4 can

I also have an 03 gsxr 1000, drag raced it (or any other bike for that matter) only one time in my life earlier this summer. I did about 15 runs, my best was 10.747 @ 135mph and mind you my launch sucked in one way or another every single run, be it wheeling in the sky or hitting rev limiter and what not, and still I was in the low 11 borderline with 10 for almost all the runs. Our bikes are fast even in incompetent hands, I'm a living proof :D

Cayugadrag_besttime10747.jpg

I go to Cayuga a few times a year and run my bike, I run in the 10.80s @ 127-130 with mid 1.8 60ft.
I would love to get my 60ft times into the 1.6 range
2002 ZRX 1200
120mdc0.jpg

Its on my bucket list I would like to give it a go this year.

Peter

All of you guys on here who have never tried running there bike should head down..Feel free to PM if you have any questions and I would be glad to help you out...There are two series being run "DSE and OSCA" that have a Bike and Sled(B/S)classes at TMP...They are both sportsman classes run on a 4/10 pro tree.....Meaning you don't have to be the fastest...Consistancy wins....Come on out

i took my challenger to cayuga a few times on there Friday Night Test&Tune nights, had lots of fun. just got my bike last year and have been thinking about trying it out.
do you have to have full leathers to go on a friday night Test&Tune?
thanks in advance

Drag racing is the lowest form of racing IMO. So boring and horrible for the vehicles.

My WRX ran 13.3 at Cayuga with stupid short gears.

have been thinking about trying it out.
do you have to have full leathers to go on a friday night Test&Tune?
thanks in advance

Depending on who is doing tech inspection, it's hit and miss. Full leather suit is NOT required. Full gear is, but that can include jeans and a protective jacket, with riding boots or shoes that cover your ankle bones. I went one night, not planning on racing. By the time I got there, I thought "wtf", I may as well now that I'm here. I had running shoes on. Tech made me wrap my ankles with duct tape. Not every inspector will allow that.
Simply have a helmet, gloves, leather jacket, pants of your choice (no shorts) and boots / shoes that cover your ankle & you're good to go. Your bike needs at least a rear red light, and a chain guard.

Drag racing is the lowest form of racing IMO. So boring and horrible for the vehicles.

Is your opinion from experience, or just off the top of your head?
If it's from experience, my condolences. You may want to try drag racing for money.

So you don't need water wetter? Also what nights is it open to the public to show up and just run??

So you don't need water wetter? Also what nights is it open to the public to show up and just run??

No - you don't need water wetter for the dragstrip.
Here's the times & days that's open to the public, aka "test & tune":

http://torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/test_n_tune.html

Wednesday nights are the best, (but don't start until July) if you want to get a lot of runs in. There's very little to no waiting in line. Not too many high HP cars show up.

Back
Top Bottom