Ultimate 08 R6 HID Install Guide! No cutting wires! No bodywork removal!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ultimate 08 R6 HID Install Guide! No cutting wires! No bodywork removal!!

Does it matter if you change + and - ?
I do not know which is which at the moment, but I am afraid to damage the HID bulbs.
If you are using the DDM kit is has cross polarity protection, so if you get it backwards, it just won't turn on. It won't damage anything. I can't speak to the quality of other peoples kits, but the DDM will have no issues.

Did you measure before connecting everything?
I'm not sure what you are asking. Just make sure you have a spot to put the ballast and igniter where you can ZIPTIE it (no two sided tape!) and that your wires will reach. I always mock things up, do a temp install, make sure none of the wires are being pulled tight, etc.

-Jamie M.

Last edited:
I do not know which is which at the moment, but I am afraid to damage the HID bulbs.
Are you done yet? C'mon man, where's the pics!! What colour did you go with?? =)

-Jamie M.

I meant measuring the voltage on the + wire before connecting ;)

I had some damage with my bike few weeks ago, but everything will be fixed next week!
After that, I will make some pictures of my bike, including 6000K Xenon :D

Regards, Dennis

I got my bike back last weekend :D

It took me some time to hide the ballasts, but all the works are worth it!
See picture below for indication of the 6000K Xenon.
It is hard to get the color clear on a picture, but I'm sure you all know how it should look.

So, after the rebuild of my bike after the crash:

Last edited:
I got my bike back last weekend :D

It took me some time to hide the ballasts, but all the works are worth it!
See picture below for indication of the 6000K Xenon.
It is hard to get the color clear on a picture, but I'm sure you all know how it should look.

So, after the rebuild of my bike after the crash:

Where did you get the center bulb from? It appears to match the HIDs....... It looks sweet !!

Back
Top Bottom