Olds Cool... Post-up Pics of your 10 year or older bike! | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Olds Cool... Post-up Pics of your 10 year or older bike!

In pieces but ready to put it back together now that life has slowed down. Just finished building a shed and organizing my garage so there is room to work now. Still thinking of I should bother powder coating the rims and subframe ....

I've also bought a 90 gsxr. Next time you guys should ride more East

Finally got my 27 year old RZ for it's first 'ride' today

72737bc715115ed891d48caf4f3cd97e.jpg

That is a wicked bike. What was it like to ride?

It was quite a ride as i had sooo much going on at one time, i was completely overwhelmed. I haven't ridden a bike consistently since 1994. I went out with a buddy on a Gixxer who is looking for someone to 'ride with' - not so much be testing a bike. Lol. My eyes were glued to the temp gauge (new engine rebuild. - scared of it melting down). I had new tires that hadn't been scrubbed in yet. I was worried about parts falling off. I was on roads that I wasn't familiar with. I didn't have a working tach to boot either.

Tell you the truth I don't remember how it rode. Hopefully, I'll get a little more riding time before I pack it up for the winter.

I did get some thumbs up.

It was quite a ride as i had sooo much going on at one time, i was completely overwhelmed. I haven't ridden a bike consistently since 1994. I went out with a buddy on a Gixxer who is looking for someone to 'ride with' - not so much be testing a bike. Lol. My eyes were glued to the temp gauge (new engine rebuild. - scared of it melting down). I had new tires that hadn't been scrubbed in yet. I was worried about parts falling off. I was on roads that I wasn't familiar with. I didn't have a working tach to boot either.

Tell you the truth I don't remember how it rode. Hopefully, I'll get a little more riding time before I pack it up for the winter.

I did get some thumbs up.

Awesome! Good to hear that you are out riding now of what little time we have left before the snow flies...congrats on a job well done!

Awesome! Good to hear that you are out riding now of what little time we have left before the snow flies...congrats on a job well done!

Thanks bro. I'm really still trying to work out some bugs. I have some clutch issues. I need some new springs or possibly a few stiffer springs.

If I get it set up before season-end, I'll be happy.

My eyes were glued to the temp gauge (new engine rebuild. - scared of it melting down). I had new tires that hadn't been scrubbed in yet. I was worried about parts falling off. I was on roads that I wasn't familiar with. I didn't have a working tach to boot either.
Absolutely EPIC!
Pretty much sums up every ride I take. I was out on the gamma the other night when one of my Toomey silencers decided it wanted to bail.

Have you got the jetting close?
Give it a few heat cycles, re-torque the engine bolts and then give it a proper two stroke rip.
Looking forward to hearing how the new suspension and tires work.
Congrats on the first ride. :thumbup:

Is the perforated cowl oem? Looks like second generation from 88 to 91.

Last edited:
^^ year? Looks to be in top shape :thumbup:

1986 7/11 with newer plastics on it, the plastics are crap so likely ditching them soon. No idea if the front cowl is oem.

Back
Top Bottom