Ongoing 250R problem: starting issues | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ongoing 250R problem: starting issues

Take a small funnel that will fit into the fuel line (probably need gas tank off). Have buddy hold funnel. Fill with 50/50 Seafoam/gas. Good chance that will clear it out and start up. After tank is installed run a strong mixture Seafoam/gas.

Success!
Runs like a champ.
Set idle needles to 2 turns.
Quick zip around the block, amazed at peppiness of this little bike compared to old zzr.

If I recall, the Ninja 250 carbs have no anodizing protecting the small passages from oxidation. If the carbs go dry or there is a high concentration of methanol in your fuel, traces of white oxide clogs the arteries. If you get the bike running, fuel cleaner might unclog things -- if not you might need to remove the carbs and clean them.

If you are disassembling the carbs, the mods suggested here are a good idea since getting them off and apart is 90% of the work. I've never needed to rejet, a good cleaning then good gas is the PM.

To prevent this, try running Shell 94 octane fuel. It's the only one I know that has no ethanol, and it has fuel system cleaners that keep these small passages clear.

Back
Top Bottom