Honda Shadow Riders | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda Shadow Riders

Hi Shadow Riders;

I just got into riding and am enjoying the "new" shadow.

I am currently looking for saddle bags for my 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100cc. I prefer not to have to relocate the rear signals or change the stock exhaust. Anyone with ideas or have any for sale??

Thanks;
Randy

For those of you that are new to riding Shadows, this website forum is the most informative and best forum for Hondas Shadows.
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/
Theres so much information here it is mind boggling.
For Randy, get hard saddlebags, theres a good one but I do not know the name of it off hand, I will post it later for you.

I've had a 2004 Honda Shadow 750 Aero for 3 years now. Have put about 10,000kms on it in that time. I bought it from the original owner relatively stock. It had a Memphis Shades Fats windshield (which the owner thought was Hondaline), and a passenger backrest.

I'm a packrat, so I've since added the Hondaline rear rack, and some Jumbo Saddlemen Drifter Slant saddlebags (mounted with Easy Brackets). I relocated the rear turn signals to the license plate bracket as well because they look better there -- and because I may someday upgrade to hard bags.

Someday (when the house is paid off) I ay upgrade to a big bagger, or a sport touring machine, but for the time being the Shadow is a relatively inexpensive bike to own. Easy on maintenance and insurance.

I just ordered the Kuryakyn ISO Grips. I am not mechanically sound at all with motorcycles, would you recommend me bring it to Rosey Toe's to get them installed or to actually attempt it myself?

By the way I also have a Memphis Shades Fats windshield coming along with a passenger backrest. I think I can handle the installation of the backrest but should I also bring the windshield to get it installed professionally as well?

For those of you that are new to riding Shadows, this website forum is the most informative and best forum for Hondas Shadows.
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/
Theres so much information here it is mind boggling.
For Randy, get hard saddlebags, theres a good one but I do not know the name of it off hand, I will post it later for you.

Do you happen to know the name of the hard saddlebags now? I heard that choosing saddlebags can be a chore sometimes trying to figure out if it will get in the way of other parts. Is this correct?

Do you happen to know the name of the hard saddlebags now? I heard that choosing saddlebags can be a chore sometimes trying to figure out if it will get in the way of other parts. Is this correct?

Its Leatherlykes, I posted the website in my post above.
I did not have a problem with parts being in the way.
I have a ACE and an Aero.
I cant say for other bikes.

tsukayu.com sells hard bags that contour the rear fender of the Shadow very nicely. Be prepared to shell out though. They also sell fairings and trunks. Everything can be paint matched as well (cha-ching).

For me I went with Saddlemen Drifter Slant bags ($150) with Easy Brackets ($150). The end cost still comes in at half the price of the Hondaline bags. Plus these bags lock, and are quickly detachable with the brackets I have.

Thanks Macrider.............went to their website..........bags look awesome! Pricey as you had mentioned......perhaps something to save my pennies for...........thanks again for the tip!
Randy

Just bought a Memphis Shades windshield with mounting kit and Kuryakyn ISO grips. Anyone willing to install these for me for $50? I am not mechanically sound at all with motorcycles and would rather not attempt to ruin anything. Let me know if anyone is willing to take the job.

Any Honda Shadow riders out there? Post some pics of your bike. I just joined the Honda Shadow club and am loving every minute of riding.

What would you recommend as some add on accessories to the Shadow? I am not looking for an exhaust upgrade but am interested in seeing what other upgrades you may find valuable and have made riding for you and even the passenger more of an enjoyable ride.

G'day Buttocks.....the two best accesories that I added were, floorboards, windshield and saddlebags. The other accessories were mostly cosmetic and that also translates to more cleaning (which I don't do a lot of). An excellent web-site you may like is.....www.750ACE.com
There is a wealth of info there on maintenance, modifications and everything and anything pertaining to the 750 ACE. Check it out.

Yeah I know........ that's three not two. Also an inexpensive modification
that I did was to change the rear sprocket from a 41 tooth to a 39 tooth. Less vibration at higher speeds (hands no longer go numb after extended time on highways) due to lower RPM's.

I just ordered the Kuryakyn ISO Grips. I am not mechanically sound at all with motorcycles, would you recommend me bring it to Rosey Toe's to get them installed or to actually attempt it myself?

By the way I also have a Memphis Shades Fats windshield coming along with a passenger backrest. I think I can handle the installation of the backrest but should I also bring the windshield to get it installed professionally as well?

These grips are a little tricky. I didn't follow the instructions properly and i really messed up the install. The glue that came with them sticks really quickly.

Anyway, i'm a bit embarrassed that i blew a grip-install as i've installed a lot more complex stuff on these bikes. Take your time or bring it to Ted.

Yeah I know........ that's three not two. Also an inexpensive modification
that I did was to change the rear sprocket from a 41 tooth to a 39 tooth. Less vibration at higher speeds (hands no longer go numb after extended time on highways) due to lower RPM's.

I did this as well to my 2000 ACE. It made a nice difference and was very inexpensive.
You will have to adjust your chain slack or even pull a link or two if you make this change. Just be prepared for that.

I started riding last summer. I had a '83 shadow 500.(my wife is now riding it) I've now upgraded to an '03 shadow ACE. I purchased it about 2 weeks ago, it only had 9k on it. It looks brand new. It came with saddle bags,backrest,luggage rack and a windscreen. First thing I did when I got home was remove all the acc. Still need to remove some of the hardware for the backrest.
I just think the bike looks so much better without them. If I go on a trip I can always put them back on.

It would be cool to have a shadow club.

cheers...

Attachments

• DSC03715.jpg
    DSC03715.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 68
I picked up my first Honda Shadow used. It's an ACE Tourer with 100K+ kms on the odo but it still runs great. I have to say it's the most fun I've had on a bike in a while. When I got it the previous owner already had Mustang seats and backrest, modded (Not sure what brand) grips, flood lights, cigarette adapter/charger, highway pegs and had the baffles taken out of the wide pipe. I'll probably be building a toe/ heel shifter and a few other accessories to really make it mine. I'm downtown and usually end up at the Leslie/Lakeshore meetup on Thursdays.

I just got a new 2008 vt750c2f zero Km's on 5/30/2010
I have about 215 Km's on it as of today 6/13/2010.
so far I got a Mustang seat, sissy bar and luggage rack.
the below pic is from the dealer show room, i'll take a pic
with the add ons and post it.

Attachments

• Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 45
I just got a new 2008 vt750c2f zero Km's on 5/30/2010
I have about 215 Km's on it as of today 6/13/2010.
so far I got a Mustang seat, sissy bar and luggage rack.
the below pic is from the dealer show room, i'll take a pic
with the add ons and post it.

waiting for the pics... I have the same bike but its 2007 (red).
got it new in 08 and enjoying every minute.

Back
Top Bottom