Honda Shadow Riders | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda Shadow Riders

Buttocks

Any Honda Shadow riders out there? Post some pics of your bike. I just joined the Honda Shadow club and am loving every minute of riding.

What would you recommend as some add on accessories to the Shadow? I am not looking for an exhaust upgrade but am interested in seeing what other upgrades you may find valuable and have made riding for you and even the passenger more of an enjoyable ride.

Mustang seat would be high on my list. (for both passenger and rider)
Iso grips
Depending on the model a change of gearing help a lot
Heated grips
Heated vest
Floorboards, (rider and passenger)
Saddlebags
and lots of chrome

Donald

Welcome to the Brotherhood! The nice Brotherhood! The bad Brotherhood (not PC is their norm)! The Canadian Brotherhood! The British Brotherhood! I'm active only on the first one. Needless to say there are a lot of Shadow riders out there.

I recommend a windshield, upgraded horns (dual FIAMM Freeway Blasters), saddlebags, heated grips and maybe extra driving lights. The heated grips are excellent to take the chill off early morning rides. You can usually ride with summer gloves in early spring/late fall.

My wife and I both ride Shadows, the first thing we did was put Mustang solo seats with a backrest on our bikes.
She installed Vance and Hines long shots on her bike and it really sounds nice, I did a hole mod on mine and it sounds ok.
shadows are really nice bikes, you can do a lot to them.
What is this Honda shadow club you are refering to?

What is this Honda shadow club you are refering to?[/QUOTE said:
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I will definitely take a look at those heated grips as I do find the mornings (and the nights) a bit chilly to ride.

As to the "club". I just meant it as a figure of speech to owning a Honda Shadow.

Welcome to 'the club'.

You'll probably love your ACE as much as I love mine.
As far as mods, I wanted more cargo room, so I added a trunk.
But it totally depends on how you plan to use it.

Enjoy!

I had a lot of love for my 2000 ACE - rolled 100K on the ODO and it found a new home.
Best upgrades:
1) Mustang Seat
2) Progressive front shocks. They make the WORLD of difference.
I also increased the timing, changed the gearing, gutted the exhaust and jetted it.

When I had my shadow, I didn't really do anything to it per say... I loved it the way it was. The only thing I did to to it was a stage 1 rejet. The only reason was that it kept backfiring every so often..I'm not sure about the other model years, but for the 2004, they had them running a little too lean from what I remember doing my research on it.

Esthetically, I did add the following to it:

-Deep Dish bevel indicator lens covers
-Chrome tail lip

Wish we had a Shadow Riders meet up group in T.O.
I have a 96 ACE 1100, wish they still made them so I could buy another. Mine only has 49K on it.

Welcome to the madness!!

I too ride shadows. I have an oldschool 84 750 which is about to go up for sale and I am now riding a 2007 750 Spirit C2. Shadows are great 'cause they are so reliable. Post pics of your bike!!

Mods so far...
1. saddlemen cutout bags
2. Kuryakyn pegs
3. kuryakyn grips
4. stemnut clock
5. Mustang seat
6. Classic Cut Cobra exhaust
7. Ostrich Solo fender bib

Mods on the way/being built
8. 6000k bi-xenon projector 5 3/4 headlight with halos
9. handle bar mount accessory switches
10. Kuryakyn Lizard lights
11. 1.5" lowering kit

Mods considering
12. 16" Ape hangers
13. Hypercharger
14. another rejet
15. Highway bars

Definetely my favourite mod is the mustang seat. It really makes a difference in riding comfort. Ah the addiction continues....

Last edited:
Looking to get a passenger backrest. I don't know if I fully trust the one's from Ebay so can anyone recommend me a passenger backrest with mounting kits and where to get them?

I have a 2008 VT750T I love it!:cool:
I'm up for a group ride! Anyone!

Here is my 99 Shadow. This pic is from 2 years ago. Have since added saddle bags and studded mustang seats. Best investment I must say as those factory seats offered no padding whatsoever and a major sore arse after every ride! Bike has been awesome and stinkin reliable. To this day it still glistens as nicely as the day it rolled off the showroom floor.

I just joined this club :) traded in my 07 CBR125R for an 09 Shadow Spirit :) what an upgrade, loving this bike so far.

2002 Shadow ACE 750 is mine which I bought 2yrs ago. It has been modified to a "minimalist" look which is what appealed to me. My first bike in 20yrs after I sold my last one to pay for university.

- Rear & Front Fender chopped
- rear turn signals reduced in size & moved to side
- front turn signals reduced in size & moved to under headlight
- custom seat, size reduced
- lowered with 11" Progressive Shocks
- licence plate moved to side

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 143
I just joined this club :) traded in my 07 CBR125R for an 09 Shadow Spirit :) what an upgrade, loving this bike so far.

Hey welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy the adventure like I have been!

Looking to get a passenger backrest. I don't know if I fully trust the one's from Ebay so can anyone recommend me a passenger backrest with mounting kits and where to get them?

Try some of these guys, Scootworks, cruiser customs, mustang motorcycle seats, GM cycles.
Just google these names in.
Whoever you order from make sure they ship via USPS.
These are the ones I use for all my shadow stuff.

Last edited:
Ordered my Mustang seats from these guys couple years ago. Think they're California based. They arrived in a timely manner and well packaged. Don't think I remember getting dinged on duties either. They've got tons of options for cruisers. Price was right too!

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

Hi Shadow Riders;

I just got into riding and am enjoying the "new" shadow.

I am currently looking for saddle bags for my 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100cc. I prefer not to have to relocate the rear signals or change the stock exhaust. Anyone with ideas or have any for sale??

Thanks;
Randy

Back
Top Bottom