Streetsville Sunday Rides | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Streetsville Sunday Rides

Not sure what the deal is, it looks a little cold n slipperly outside. Give me a call if your planning on heading out there, il come meet you.

Hey a_rob & Red, sorry to have missed you guys. I was driving in from Niagara Falls Sunday morning and didn't have a chance to check the board beforehand. I barely made it to Timmies by 10 and did a shorter ride, riding due west and did a loop back along some local roads.

I heard that you guys hooked up with a group in the east end and road up north. Very nice. Yesterday was another blue-sky beautiful day to ride!

Yea, got myself a nice Joe-Rocket leather jacket,
Seems like a good-un to go rolling down the road in :eek:)

Parts for my front forks have arrived too, just waiting on my mechanic to find some time to put them in. So tired of waiting!!! will have to ring him up n harrass him lol.

How was your ride sunday mornin? lookd a lil cold wet n unpleasant when i peeked my head out.

Yea, got myself a nice Joe-Rocket leather jacket,
Seems like a good-un to go rolling down the road in :eek:)

Parts for my front forks have arrived too, just waiting on my mechanic to find some time to put them in. So tired of waiting!!! will have to ring him up n harrass him lol.

How was your ride sunday mornin? lookd a lil cold wet n unpleasant when i peeked my head out.

Hey a_rob,

Nice, Rocket gear is durable and comfortable.

If you're looking for a decent mechanic, check out Robert at Pannon Motorsports - http://www.pannonsports.com

His shop is just steps away from the Streetsville Timmies where we meet on Sundays. Robert runs a small shop and is really decent and has reasonable rates.

There are some very scary shops out there (two very well-known ones in Mississauga that that I will not go back to - we can talk further about offline) that just want to rip you off, don't know what they are doing, etc.

The Sunday ride was a little cool, but I had my all-weather Joe Rocket gear on and the bike was purring like a tiger. I love riding in the cooler weather and the bike's engine loves the cold, oxygen-rich air.

Until later,

Mechanic i have at the moment seems to know his way around a bike, hes a long time rider && bike mechanic. He rides a pimped out lil r6. Has been pretty good to me so far & his rates are reasonable.

Hes just been crazy-busy the last week or so and hasnt been able to fit me in :( *gets impatient to have his fork upgrade done*

the jacket is def comfy, and just has that solid, sturdy feel to it, its definately confidence inspiring :) (well as confidence inspiring as thinking about crashing can be lol)

The black leather is probably going to get a lil steamy in the hotter months though.... but that cant really be helped.

You planning on getting out n about for a ride this weekend?

Mechanic i have at the moment seems to know his way around a bike, hes a long time rider && bike mechanic. He rides a pimped out lil r6. Has been pretty good to me so far & his rates are reasonable.

Hes just been crazy-busy the last week or so and hasnt been able to fit me in :( *gets impatient to have his fork upgrade done*

the jacket is def comfy, and just has that solid, sturdy feel to it, its definately confidence inspiring :) (well as confidence inspiring as thinking about crashing can be lol)

The black leather is probably going to get a lil steamy in the hotter months though.... but that cant really be helped.

You planning on getting out n about for a ride this weekend?

Hey a_rob:
I'm trying to get things organized for this Saturday as it's supposed to be a sunny 17 deg C and Sunday is supposed to rain.

I'm thinking Saturday at 12:00 PM.

Let me know if this works for you?

Yea man, sat @ 12 should work for me. Dont think ive got anything planned. Im always down for a ride! Just got off the phone with the mechanic, bike is going in monday avo, hopefully sometime tuesday my forks will get the new suspension put in! wooooo! :)

Where you thinkin of heading off to for the sat ride?

hey guys keep me in mind for this too!

I'll miss this week's meet because I have to get the car in for maintenance around that time. But I'll check back next week.

Enjoy!

Cool a_rob and Red!

I was thinking that we could either ride West toward the Falls for pizza OR do a burger run up HWY 11 north to Webers: http://www.webers.com/highway11.html?

What do you guys think?
If we head toward the Falls it will be warmer. I like to hit up some backroad twistys on the way, (Don't know of any out there).
If we head up to Webers I think we should do Southwood 13 and some others while we're there,Bala rd 38, Big Chute rd. In we head to Webers maybe a slighty earlier departure may be required (say 10:30 - 11:00) to arrive at Webers around 1:00, and then hit some fun rds and rally back.
Little B make a decision and we'll be there for the ride!!:p Check PM.

If we head toward the Falls it will be warmer. I like to hit up some backroad twistys on the way, (Don't know of any out there).
If we head up to Webers I think we should do Southwood 13 and some others while we're there,Bala rd 38, Big Chute rd. In we head to Webers maybe a slighty earlier departure may be required (say 10:30 - 11:00) to arrive at Webers around 1:00, and then hit some fun rds and rally back.
Little B make a decision and we'll be there for the ride!!:p Check PM.

I agree Red - the ride to Webers is longer and requires more time. I say that we head West to the falls starting at 12 and do Webers another time.

Last edited:
If it's tomorrow (Saturday) at 12 I'm in. What is gone be?

Hey Rick, A_Rob & Red,

Holy $hit guys, that was a freekin awesome all-day ride. I loved every second of it, especially the spirited ride back. That pizza place in the falls was really good. We gotta hit that route again, but start of early morning-ish.

Rick - great lead - thank you very much. It was a pleasure to ride with you gentlemen. Let's ride for some burgers up at Webers next.

Until later,

LB.

Back
Top Bottom