Review of Frekeyguys work | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Review of Frekeyguys work

Frekeyguys is an excellent mechanic. I asked him to do a brake fluid change for my gs500 and also asked to check over my bike if there were any other maintenance that needs to be done. He only charged me for the brake fluid change and did the inspection for free. Since I'm a new rider, he gave me tips on how to check for any signs of issues on my bike, a real stand up guy. His scheduling is very flexible and arranged it to be on Sunday @ 8am. I live in Scarborough/Markham and was worth the ride down to see him. I will be going to him for any issues I have in the future.

Review Rating: 10/10

Just an update on my bike and Fereky guys awesomeness! So he fixed my starting issue in no time(my last review of his work) and at a great price but as my luck has it, my starterd had siezed and some electrical problems caused by the monsoon rain. Not only he came almost right away as i mentioned that im stuck despite his workload, not only he fixed the bike up in no time (and electrical problems are a pain as we all know and much harder to diagnose), but when he found the problem, again he went greatly out of his way to get me a part tonight (again)). And on top of that, he fully explained and educated me on so much unlike many mechanics who are secretive about their knowledge. He also as everyone else has mentioned did all the little unrelated checks o make sure the bike is good. His work is clean, fast, well priced and full of personal care. Try and youll see for yourself(if he accepts your job). 10/10 again

Started with frekeyguy about 2 years ago when I picked up my first bike.. Still sticking with him to this day.
No matter what type of issue you have Fiaz has the knowledge, tools and experiance ON and OFF the track to help you with what you need at a VERY reasonable and fair price.
Not only will he help you with any sort of problem he will make suggestions, go through alternatives and patiently visit every route to take when it comes to fixing, tweaking, adjusting or simply changing your bike around.
Great guy who is trust worthy and fun to hang out with. For any of your needs defintely don't hesitate to leave your bike in FrekeyGuys hands!

He's had my bike for not even a day and hes already replacing my rusted bolts.... just cuz.

I bought a used ninja 250 and I was concerned that there might be some issues. FreakyGuy was recommended to me by a co-worker and I took my bike to him. He spent a good amount of time to inspect my bike and gave me a summary of things to be done. He seemed very knowledgeable and honest. He explained to me how I could perform some of the basic repairs myself instead of going to him. I would highly recommend him.

Its his home garage, near Kennedy/Sandalwood.

I just got my bike looked over yesterday for some adjustments after having some work done a week back. Fiaz is super convenient and quick to respond. He works his way around what work's for you. Not only that, he also gives you updates and sent me picture txts to keep me in the know of what's going on. You know what he's doing is legit and he's not just ****ing around having your bike needlessly sit at his place while he tackles other projects. His garage is also very well equipped and I love the layout even though its nothing super fancy, my project is to make at least one half of my garage resemble his.

He pretty much started off as a hobby to help other riders and because of that you know he's not going to try and upsell you on some ********, and you can watch and learn the little stuff for yourself. Thanks Frekey!

Hi team,

Just wanted to write a glowing recommendation for frekeyguy (he's far from freaky) as he assisted my first 2-wheeled purchase from beginning, and saw it through to the end. I had checked out a few bikes (500's mostly, and the odd greymarket 250-screamers) on my own and narrowed it down to a handful of choices. Fiaz drove his truck and trailer over to the final bike to give it an educated once over so I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. Picked up the bike for a steal of a price. The bike had been dropped and had been neglected for nearly a year--so a lot needed to be done to make it street-worthy and safe. Bought the bike and had her trailered-off to his shop the same night. After a few weeks, a well-sorted bike was delivered to my winter storage.

Over the past month or so (while I was overseas), he did the following:
- picked up and dropped off.

- totally rebuilt / straighten out the front end stays for the fairings (required welding/heating)
- safety cabled the cracked fairings (not a looker, but absolutely rock solid)
- heated up a few levers and pedals and bent them back into shape
- replaced rusted/stripped out nuts and bolts
- replaced/adjusted clutch/brake lever

- cleaned / rebuilt the carbs, synced them
- did a valve check / adjustment
- flushed brake fluid (front/rear)
- changed oil/filter
- cleaned out air box + air box mod

- flushed and changed coolant
- installed new gold chain
- cleaned out front sprocket cover
- installed new clutch cable and lubed and adjusted throttle cable
- cleaned and oiled everything during assembly

- new spark plugs
- turn signals
- polished up the forks
- replaced weathered vacuum/rubber hoses
- a bit of reinforcing welding here and there
- full winterization

- fixed electrical issue with horn.
- basically it's in safety-ready condition come spring

We had a preliminary list of the agreed "must do's". But along the way, if there was something out of place or in questionable condition, he made sure to shoot me a head's up, and give it a thorough once-over before moving on. I have nothing but appreciation for his attention to detail and looking out for a fellow gearhead.

He took pictures along the way to keep me updated with progress, explained to me my various choices (both new and rebuilding old) in replacing worn parts, and answered my questions along the way. I was initially going to rent a portion of my friend's shop for a month or two and do this all myself (garage is full to the brim) but his super reasonable prices made it a no-brainer to go with someone that's recommended by the community, with way more technical ability/familiarity than myself. Best of all, he has good working relationships with the local part suppliers and got better prices that I would have cold-calling suppliers. Support local businesses!

Listen, I'm a DIY-er myself, but when there's only two-rubber patches between you and your future, it's always a 'smart' investment to have someone with the know-how to help you remain rubber-side down. He helped me get the bike into ride-ready condition for the spring, and ensure that I'll be riding more than wrenching in my first year!

Very much looking forward to starting the riding season on a well-sorted bike vs a bike with hidden problems just waiting to make an appearance. Know that you'll be in good hands when you contact frekeyguy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom