how many clutch ups until your clutch plates are shot...? | GTAMotorcycle.com

how many clutch ups until your clutch plates are shot...?

My clutches last for 4636 launches every time, that equates to 515 per month.
I guess I'm doing it wrong?!

:rolleyes:
If ur clutch plates r toast.....
Ur doin it wrong.
;)

:D

ahh, so its essentially same as riding the clutch in a car...if you are doing clutch ups on a bike you want to clutch in, rev up and then dump the clutch..obviously not slowly engage clutch.

ahh, so its essentially same as riding the clutch in a car...if you are doing clutch ups on a bike you want to clutch in, rev up and then dump the clutch..obviously not slowly engage clutch.

Exactly if your riding it your burning it, same as how people blow out their clutch trying to do burnouts...

So technically speaking engine braking + braking, will wear out your clutch significantly faster than just clutch in and braking?

So technically speaking engine braking + braking, will wear out your clutch significantly faster than just clutch in and braking?

Not really, if you are doing it right. As long as the clutch is not slipping, it's not wearing. Doesn't matter if the engine is putting out power or taking up power (shut throttle), the clutch doesn't care.

Can anyone clarify the difference between 2 things hanging on clutch cable.
1. The coin like thing close to clutch lever to adjust clutch free play about 1/8th of an inch.
2. The double nut screws hanging on the clutch cable that also allows to loosen the clutch lever.
When both of the above can loosen the clutch lever then what is the difference?
Since 3 years from the day I purchased my 180cc bike I travelled only 13566km. Will it cause any harm
to the bike If I ride less as I prefer bicycle as everything is so close to my house ?
I started doing wheelies on 180cc since a month about a feet high after several attempts. As my clutch is too
tight to press with 1 finger I loosened the double nuts on the clutch cable otherwise I can't do wheelies.
Will this cause any harm to clutch cable or clutch plates in the long run practice.
I read about clutch slip and clutch drag where friction modifiers between the clutch plates are the culprits.
Please explain clutch slip and drag symptoms. This fears me more than doing wheelies.
My way is rolling the throttle to 5 or 6 rpm and shut the throttle and clutch and bounce the forks with legs
by standing and release all 3 of them with clutch slipping last.
No matter if I roll the throttle fast or slow the RPM needle moves slowly and takes 3 seconds to reach 6 RPM.
I don't understand why sometimes deep bounce won't happen and this is the reason why I fail to do wheelie.
When the deep bounce occurs I can go 1 feet high and defend it with my rear brake otherwise it would nothing more
but cheap 3 inch wheelie.
I practice not more than 30 mins on Sundays as me and my 1800c bike will be exhausted.
Is there any time limit for doing wheelies without a break as engine does get hot?
Despite loosening the clutch cable with double nuts I loose strength on my finger to press it.

What if it is a dry clutch?? Someone told me that as a new rider I would **** my clutch faster because it is a dry clutch.

I was on a ride on the weekend in which a Ducati didn't make it back under its own power, because the smoke came out of the (dry) clutch.

You do have to be more careful with those, but it is no different from driving a manual transmission car, which ALL have dry clutches.

I don't think a Ducati with a dry clutch would make a good stunt bike ...

Can anyone clarify the difference between 2 things hanging on clutch cable.
1. The coin like thing close to clutch lever to adjust clutch free play about 1/8th of an inch.
This is to adjust the position of the clutch lever. You can adjust this but the clutch will catch at the same point when releasing.
2. The double nut screws hanging on the clutch cable that also allows to loosen the clutch lever.
This is to adjust the relase point of the clutch. This can be adjusted so that the clutch can catch at either the beginning or end of releasing the lever.

^^^

This might be a really stupid question, but: does that mean that it takes more skill to stunt on a dry clutch?

JeffJones, those are both to adjust free play, nothing to do with where a clutch engages/disengages.

JeffJones, those are both to adjust free play, nothing to do with where a clutch engages/disengages.

Weird, when I changed my levers the double nut part would change whether the clutch would engage close to the handlebars or almost at full extension.....

It must have somthing to do with the amount of free play in your lever, unless this is somthing new that I've never heard of there's no way to adjust where your clutch engages or disengages with a standard lever.

Back
Top Bottom