BMW owners movement! | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

Back in the club!
Having sold my F-series 3 yrs ago, wanted to pick up an XChallenge (at a right price) and last week this one followed me home:

blv9KCG8iWf47HEHCFEz36caiWrOSWCpDWzqe-rWlCNTC1y7PCzFYBLKzOf_GS09OPN89A=w1342-h480

Nice :)

Congrats GQ

Have always wanted one of those at the right price! Now you can go play in the dirt and keep the Tiger for the road. What ht happened to that nice photo? Cover the plate and get it posted back ASAP

Back in the club!
Having sold my F-series 3 yrs ago, wanted to pick up an XChallenge (at a right price) and last week this one followed me home:

blv9KCG8iWf47HEHCFEz36caiWrOSWCpDWzqe-rWlCNTC1y7PCzFYBLKzOf_GS09OPN89A=w1342-h480

Yeah in 2015 they came out with the double adventure with twice the fun. :D

Yep, I've go the GPS included, the attachment sheet is actually my order with all the options and accessories I went for. Only thing I left out was Shift Assist.

Looking forward to it.

Do you have a tank bag with yours and if so which one did you go with? I'm thinking the GS adventure tank bag but see the smaller GS tank bag also fits well on it.

I had a bad experience with the BMW tank bag, it had a zip fastening on the bottom to keep it in place and mine kept coming undone! This time, I just went to Sturgess Cycle and picked up a relatively inexpensive one made by Nelson Rigg...suits my needs just fine and is securely fastened to the tank.

Cheers!

I had a bad experience with the BMW tank bag, it had a zip fastening on the bottom to keep it in place and mine kept coming undone! This time, I just went to Sturgess Cycle and picked up a relatively inexpensive one made by Nelson Rigg...suits my needs just fine and is securely fastened to the tank.

Cheers!

Good to know thanks. Looking into the strapless bags from SW-Motech as well.

already a member of the movement with a 2004 1150RTP poilce bike, just added a 04 R1100S Boxer Cup Replika (the blue Randy Mamola edition). Can't wait to get it on the track!

Not brave, a normal GS rider!

Exactly! Still haven't taken out the S1KRR although I was REALLY tempted to after my ride....waiting for spring so that I can ride it over and DanMoto it my friend....

Just got back from my first ride of the season....it was brilliant! I love these bikes...

First stop was a neighbourhood gas station to fill up air....I always forget what the correct pressure should be so I simply refer to this online chart...

http://ascycles.com/pdf/TirePressure/Recommended_BMW_Motorcycle_Tire_Pressure.pdf

Cheers!

Just downloaded it and it doesn't seem quite accurate.
My manual calls for 2.2 bar up front which comes out to 32 psi, the document above says 28 psi for a G650GS and 32 for a F650GS single.
For the rear the numbers are different as well :confused:

Just downloaded it and it doesn't seem quite accurate.
My manual calls for 2.2 bar up front which comes out to 32 psi, the document above says 28 psi for a G650GS and 32 for a F650GS single.
For the rear the numbers are different as well :confused:

That's strange because the sheet came from A & S Motorcycles website and they are a BMW Motorrad dealership in California...:dontknow:

Just saw the new trailer for Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation

Looks like BMW is providing cars and bikes for this one.

Here's a link to the trailer:

[video]https://youtu.be/tNPZGc0WmfM[/video]

Here's a screen capture I took of the bike:

IMG_1329_zpsctr8pud8.jpg

Last edited:
^ After watching the trailer looks like there's bunch of them... wonder how many they wrecked, it looks like quite a few.

Hello.

I'm in.

I am new to this thread.

Last year I purchased a used rebuilt 1996 R1100RT. Nice bike and a sweet ride.

1996 R1100RT at my work -small.jpg

I started riding when I was a teen. My first street machine was a Honda XL185, then I had a Suzuki GS450. After a 20+ year break, I bought the R1100RT.

May times I was asked what kind of vehicle I wanted beside my truck, I always answered a BMW. Many thought my response was for a BMW automobile, I always had to correct the response to a BMW motorcycle. Even back in High School I had my dreams on a BMW...

Anxiously awaiting the warm weather and a great 2015 riding season. :)

Tim

Back
Top Bottom