Some extra fairings for the track:

IMG_0486.JPG

More parts:

IMG_0487.JPG

My favourite part:

IMG_0491.JPG

What I'd like my FZR to look like when I'm done:

800px-Wayne_Rainey.jpg

Some assembly required. I think I may try to safety wire the bike so I can be SOAR ready if I want to go racing. I can't wait for some warmer weather to get out in the garage again!!

Looks good there....

Are you doing any suspension upgrades?

I wish I had a heated space as well, its tough working in the cold.

When the budget allows, I have spoken to a John S. from Accelerated technologies about setting up the front end. Race tech emulators, Ohlins springs, etc. As far as the rear shock goes, there isn't actually anything available so I'll have to look at somehow fitting up an Ohlins shock from a later FZR. Not exactly a common bike anymore, so I'm going to have to do my homework.

Mybe, I haven't decided yet. I may just paint it all white. I love all white bikes with black frames and wheels. I'll have to see once it's done.

Did some work this weekend:

Polished the front forks:
100_0060.JPG

Put the wheels on, and the motor in after spending 3 hours cleaning the engine:

100_0083.JPG

100_0085.JPG

Still lots of work to do, but it's coming along nicely. :)

Nice!
I wish I had more room in my garage to rip apart and restore a bike...
I know my sister inlaw would kill me if I took up more of her garage space with another bike... LOL!!!

very impressive, how did you go abouts polishing the forks?

Nice, did you powder coat or spray paint?

Almost done!! Gave it to a mechanic to finish up to make sure everything was perfect, he also did some minor paint work. This is the pic he sent me today, should have it back next weekend! Only took me 2 years.

New FZR 1000.JPG

Nice job.

Thanks. I think I may try to ride it for the rest of the year but I have one serious issue. My wife wants it gone. I also own a Porsche 944 and she figures I shouldn't have 2 toys. She's kinda right, but I REALLY don't want to sell it. She's not mean about it, but doesn't think we have the funds to support 2 toys.

What to do?

Nice job.

The pillion cover. Have you made that? (it has the shape I would expect from home made stuff). I have a 91 FZR250 and there's a lot of bits similar between these two bikes (don't laugh, it's true ....). Your tail end looks like the one on my bike.

I want to make some cover for my pillion as well so maybe if you share how you got yours, it would help.

Nice job.

The pillion cover. Have you made that? (it has the shape I would expect from home made stuff). I have a 91 FZR250 and there's a lot of bits similar between these two bikes (don't laugh, it's true ....). Your tail end looks like the one on my bike.

I want to make some cover for my pillion as well so maybe if you share how you got yours, it would help.

That was the shape the factories used in those days, the 85-87 GSXR750 was the same, as was the 89-90 ZX7

Yep, it is a very rare factory Solo seat cowl.(if that's what you're referring to)

I've seen the FZR250, they look great. Doesn't surprise me that Yamaha shared parts, all the Japanese manufacturers seem to do it.

I see. Makes sense, it's a shame they didn't keep it that way for years to come. Because a passenger seat on these bikes make very little sense. well maybe I can find a used one and make it work on my bike.

Back
Top Bottom