Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 92 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

How would you compare it to the original? I didn't really like that one.

It's kinda like comparing Evil Dead with Army of Darkness. Original was a bit campy but it was still mostly a horror movie. This one is a full on comedy, just with lots and lots of gore. I don't think there was a single jump scare in the whole movie.....ok, maybe in the first 5 minutes but nothing after that. Also, WAAAY higher budget. I liked the original and had low expectations for this one as most sequels to cult movies are a disaster but it turned out way better then I expected. Honestly, even if you didn't like the original you might like this one. Depends on your tastes though.

It's kinda like comparing Evil Dead with Army of Darkness. Original was a bit campy but it was still mostly a horror movie. This one is a full on comedy, just with lots and lots of gore. I don't think there was a single jump scare in the whole movie.....ok, maybe in the first 5 minutes but nothing after that. Also, WAAAY higher budget. I liked the original and had low expectations for this one as most sequels to cult movies are a disaster but it turned out way better then I expected. Honestly, even if you didn't like the original you might like this one. Depends on your tastes though.

I'll give it a shot.. So this is kinda like the Sharknado Franchise.. The original is total crap and takes itself a bit seriously, while the 2nd one is all jokes and turns out to be better for that reason?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was just...bad. Don't waste your time. Michael Bay is consistent with ruining my childhood shows by turning them into 3 hour long explosion fests.

I'll give it a shot.. So this is kinda like the Sharknado Franchise.. The original is total crap and takes itself a bit seriously, while the 2nd one is all jokes and turns out to be better for that reason?

Well, I actually did like the original so I wouldn't go that far. What did you not like about the original? Did you think it was too cheesy or campy? If that's the case you'll absolutely hate this one, are you one of those zombie purists that expects zombies to be, well, zombies and get ****** off if a zombie starts running or talking than you'll hate it too, but if you find stuff like zombies ripping a dude's guts out and using it as a skipping rope hilarious, then you'll love it. That's not an actual scene but watch how the zombies get fuel into their tank...... Hilarious.

Well, I actually did like the original so I wouldn't go that far. What did you not like about the original? Did you think it was too cheesy or campy? If that's the case you'll absolutely hate this one, are you one of those zombie purists that expects zombies to be, well, zombies and get ****** off if a zombie starts running or talking than you'll hate it too, but if you find stuff like zombies ripping a dude's guts out and using it as a skipping rope hilarious, then you'll love it. That's not an actual scene but watch how the zombies get fuel into their tank...... Hilarious.

I found that it was too much like a typical slasher film, so it didn't do it for me. Not a zombie purist by any means lol Will give the 2nd one a chance.

The whole point of the original is that it was kinda like a tribute/parody of past horror movies, especially evil dead. If you found it too derivative then you kinda missed the joke as that was the whole point. Part 2 still has a bit of that like the possessed hand from evil dead 2 but for the most part it's much more original.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was just...bad. Don't waste your time. Michael Bay is consistent with ruining my childhood shows by turning them into 3 hour long explosion fests.

Yep horrible movie. I'll stick to the cartoons.

Dear God, please kill Michael Bay.

Dumb & Dumber To:

I thought it was really funny...laughed my ass off throughout the whole movie so if you like comedies then I recommend this one for sure!

Dumb & Dumber To:

I thought it was really funny...laughed my *** off throughout the whole movie so if you like comedies then I recommend this one for sure!

+1

My wife and I saw that a week ago and really enjoyed it. We went in with low expectations which might have helped. There are a couple of lines from that movie that we are still referencing and laughing about a week later...

I'm just watching Redirected at the moment, which reminds me a lot of Snatch.

Not bad for an action flick.

Think it will be better than Gravity?

Interstellar might actually have some depth. Gravity was a fun watch, with great sound and visuals, and some tense moments but let's face it, the story was simple as hell and the movie was very short with nothing that really made you think.

I'm glad I followed my guts and watched Gravity. Really enjoyed it. There is only 2 characters in the movie, but the story telling was amazing. They were consistent with some of the physics in space. There was 1 or 2 inconsistency, but that's alright.

Made the 90mins went by really fast

Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others).

Too fresh off the movie currently for final thoughts, but it must be the best movie I've ever seen.

I'm glad I followed my guts and watched Gravity. Really enjoyed it. There is only 2 characters in the movie, but the story telling was amazing. They were consistent with some of the physics in space. There was 1 or 2 inconsistency, but that's alright.

Made the 90mins went by really fast
Apparently one of the "inconsistencies" was that Sandra Bullock's character was supposed to be wearing a diaper when she got out of the space suit. LOL It's a solid movie and fairly realistic. It doesn't try too hard to be philosophical like Interstellar but everything it tries to do it does well.

To be honest, after watching both Gravity is the better movie.

Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others).

Too fresh off the movie currently for final thoughts, but it must be the best movie I've ever seen.

Been meaning to watch this one.......actually I started a while back, watched the first 15 minute and then got distracted/something happened and I had to turn it off. Never went back and watched it. It's VERY well reviewed though.

Also, I watched the Equalizer. It was entertaining. I kinda thought it would go in a more mystical direction then it did though with all the time slowing, stop watch, not sleeping thing but it turned out more straight action. Action was solid though.

i wish i saw Gravity in IMAX.

saw The Hobbit -- Battle of the Five Armies. Liked it, but could see why some critics wouldn't like it.

Best Canadain movie I've ever seen.

strange_brew_vhs_front.jpg

i wish i saw Gravity in IMAX.

saw The Hobbit -- Battle of the Five Armies. Liked it, but could see why some critics wouldn't like it.

Saw the Hobbit. Completes the trilogy. Good entertainment, just enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom