Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

I found True Grit to be very well done for a remake....loved the original.
Teen girl flicks...not my cup of tea....but whatever turns your crank...lol....j/k.

I also prefer the original True Grit, now that's a western.

Yeah, it's about teen girls but it's not what you may think. Some great references to 80s movies. Emma Stone turns in a great performance and I like her in Superbad as well, another hilarious movie about awkward teens done in a very adult way.

I'm sure my girlfriend will eventually suck me in to watch it someday I'm sure....lol. Took her to True Grit....and she liked it. Made her watch the original too....it's been on alot lately. Love good westerns
Watched Conviction with Hilary Swank last night...girlfriend's pick...not bad.
I watched Viva Zapata with Brando late afternoon...interesting watching Brando perform always.

haha I was watching red yesterday after superbowl. Good movie.

On the weekend I had a Will Ferrell movie marathon: Elf, Old school, Step brothers, The other guys, Megamind, Anchorman, Talladega nights ... all good movies except Bewitched which was just horrible.

Watched Red and Nowhere Man this weekend.Nowhere Man was really well done and worth watching.But after my post in the superbowl thread,nobody will trust my review.:(

The King's Speech, True Grit, and Tron 2 were all good. Tron was the worst of them though.

tron 2 was the worst, but not tron, the original kicked butt...as for moron's from outer space, loved it as a kid, i still remember the sneezing part, it's the only thing i remember from that movie though...

That be Hellen Mirren.

2006_the_queen_019.jpg

And, we'll set the way-back machine to the 70's

Helen-Mirren45765.jpg

Did u see how she fire those weapons without blinking an eye? She must be well trained or she has been doing it a while. Most noobs blink from the flash or sound.

Love the part in the forest.

I saw Red last night with my gf. It was really entertaining. I fould it amusing that a good majority of it is filmed in Toronto.

I would have love to meet the cast of that film.

John Malkovich= EPIC

I would always remember him in ConAir

Took my 5 yr to see "Tangled" this weekend He loved it, but for me it was no "Cars". Looking forward to Cars 2 this summer.

I would have love to meet the cast of that film.

John Malkovich= EPIC

Malkovich was AWESOME in Red. Such an underrated movie! Or at least I think it was underrated seeing as how there was so little fan fare for it.

Love the cameo by Borgnine as well haha. That caught me off guard in the theatre.

Malkovich was AWESOME in Red. Such an underrated movie! Or at least I think it was underrated seeing as how there was so little fan fare for it.

Love the cameo by Borgnine as well haha. That caught me off guard in the theatre.

I was stunned to realize Borgnine was alive - wow, just checked, he's freakin' 94! RED was a really fun film, but Bruce Willis kind of stuck out a bit in what should have been more of an ensemble film. Helen Mirren proves you can be really sexy at 60+.

I like True Grit a lot, I thought it was a lovely simple story well told. I then rented the '69 film. It doesn't hold up, sorry Retro. I mean, it's got The Duke, but Kim Darby and Glen Campbell both kinda stunk. And the 1969 production design was nowhere near the standard we expect now; sets, locations and costumes were comparatively lame. The music in the new version was amazing, and Jeff Bridges is growing into being the Gene Hackman of his generation.

The King's Speech is an amazing movie. I have been wondering about how it was pitched to investors. "So there's this King, and he needs to make a speech, and he stutters..."

The Black Swan was also amazing, but I didn't really like it.

Someone mentioned Boondock Saints in this thread above. I liked the first one, it seemed like a really audacious Indie film. The second was rather poor. Then I saw "Overnight," the doc about Troy Duffy. Wow, what an, er, character. Knowing the backstory added a lot to the whole deal.

One fun surprise lately was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Really fun mystery caper film from 5 or 6 year ago in the pre Iron Man Robert Downey Jr. era.

Last edited:
Some of the DVD's i watched in the last week or so are .

The Fighter
The Company man
Black Swan
Paranormal Activity 2
Little Fockers
The Tourist
You again

IF i get a chance this week, ill be watching ;
Skyline
Green Hornet
Tron Legacy
No strings attached
The Roomate

I really enjoyed The Kings Speach, suprisingly funny.
Watched Black Swan yesterday and it was ok, not sure what all the fuss was about it.

Some of the DVD's i watched in the last week or so are .

The Fighter
The Company man
Black Swan
Paranormal Activity 2
Little Fockers
The Tourist
You again

IF i get a chance this week, ill be watching ;
Skyline
Green Hornet
Tron Legacy
No strings attached
The Roomate

Unless you are a voting member of the Academy, I would not be posting publicly that you have watched these many still-in-the-theatre movies on DVD.

I remember Borgnine, he was in Airwolf, right? Surprise he is still around. Wow!

Just saw Borgnine in Vera Cruz with Gary Cooper and Burt Lancaster...Bronson had a bit part too.
What a dude...seems like a hellva nice guy when you hear him talk about his movie days.

Back
Top Bottom