Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 128 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Enjoyed the Justice league....a couple of weak points but better than BVS. Thor was all out fun. Only weak point was the traitor character. Love the actor (Urban) but his character wasn't believable.

Just saw Justice League the other night as well. Finally DC put something together decent. Was pretty good. Mind you the bar was pretty low after so many failures.

Yes agreed a couple of strange story moments, effects were not so polished, but they characters worked well, with the right amount of humor, and enough of a difference the way it was overall put together for it not to be like a Marvel movie.

Just waiting for the wonder twins to show up :p

Thor left me a little thor. It would have been better had I payed half price for tickets, as it was somewhat convoluted and mediocre at the same time.
VWVVb.jpg
Hey now! Point Break is a freaking cult classic!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Not new but I watched "On Any Sunday" the second one last night. Great movie, definitely kept me awake and that's rare lol.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Just saw Justice League the other night as well. Finally DC put something together decent. Was pretty good. Mind you the bar was pretty low after so many failures.

Yes agreed a couple of strange story moments, effects were not so polished, but they characters worked well, with the right amount of humor, and enough of a difference the way it was overall put together for it not to be like a Marvel movie.

For some reason it just never caught me right. Sure, there were moments. The Flash and Aquaman were done well. It just never stuck together as a cohesive package. Maybe it was partly because there wasn't much build-up to this end of the world scenario? Not a lot of character building; just straight to alien invasion.

Last edited:
The NetFlix production "Bright" starring Will Smith. Elements of the role playing game "Shadowrun" without the cyber. Writers have definitely seen some of the web series that I've backed based on the dialogue. It's got more than a bit of the feel of that '80s movie/TV show "Alien Nation." Overall it's pretty good, though the camera work runs a pretty wide gamut.

For some reason it just never caught me right. Sure, there were moments. The Flash and Aquaman were done well. It just never stuck together as a cohesive package. Maybe it was partly because there wasn't much build-up to this end of the world scenario? Not a lot of character building; just straight to alien invasion.
It was the first of the DC franchise that I have seen. Although I enjoyed it, it seemed that they tried to pack a bunch of backstories in, and then had to edit bits out for time. So that seemed a but scattered to me.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Watched Star Wars the Last Jedi.... hmmm was interesting and disappointing. Not a fan boy here, but just a casual follower of the series.

Was too long, I thought the end was coming up and then well it wasn't. Everything they built up from the previous movie was either tossed out (literally) or discarded, why...are movies just getting dumber. Many WTF moments and sub stories that added no value, and just confusion to the overall story. Also badly inserted humor that missed it's mark most of the time. Was entertaining enough, well shot, near seamless effects everything you expect from a big budget film except a reasonable executed story.

Hopefully they recover from this stumble in the next release.

Watched Star Wars the Last Jedi.... hmmm was interesting and disappointing. Not a fan boy here, but just a casual follower of the series.

Was too long, I thought the end was coming up and then well it wasn't. Everything they built up from the previous movie was either tossed out (literally) or discarded, why...are movies just getting dumber. Many WTF moments and sub stories that added no value, and just confusion to the overall story. Also badly inserted humor that missed it's mark most of the time. Was entertaining enough, well shot, near seamless effects everything you expect from a big budget film except a reasonable executed story.

Hopefully they recover from this stumble in the next release.
Saw it today, if you are not a fan and haven't watched rebels etc you are not going to appreciate it. I think it is my favourite one of all the 8. Funny I told my wife a lot of non fans weren't going to like it

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Saw it today, if you are not a fan and haven't watched rebels etc you are not going to appreciate it. I think it is my favourite one of all the 8. Funny I told my wife a lot of non fans weren't going to like it

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Agree.

And I believe the story line and subplots take things in a new direction as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.

And I believe the story line and subplots take things in a new direction as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, it seems they are trying to go away from the whole 4,5 and 6 episodes which is a good thing.

Yea, it seems they are trying to go away from the whole 4,5 and 6 episodes which is a good thing.

Well they are not doing a great job of moving away from them if they keep borrowing from those 3 movies. The force awakens was just a rehash of A New Hope. The last Jedi borrowed from Empire, and Return of the Jedi.

What is Rebels and why would it be relevant to a series of movies?

Well they are not doing a great job of moving away from them if they keep borrowing from those 3 movies. The force awakens was just a rehash of A New Hope. The last Jedi borrowed from Empire, and Return of the Jedi.

What is Rebels and why would it be relevant to a series of movies?

Rebels is a CGI series (think Pixar, but since it's a TV series, lower quality) that occur between episodes 3 and 4.

Remember that between 3 and 4 there is a massive time gap. We know Anakin murdered all the jedi kiddies, then Order 66, which resulted in the fall The Galactic Republic. But there was never any official material to draw from during that massive gap. Obviously the galaxy isn't just going to flop over and accept a new dictatorship rule.

The same goes for episode's 1 and 2 (Clone Wars).

There is also an entire (very long) era prior to episode 1 that explain the Sith vs. Jedi conflict through Star Wars The Old Republic (MMORPG), and Knights of the Old Republic.

I stopped following all the Star Wars stuff years ago because SWTOR ****** me off but I do like how they're drawing from all the other material.

"Fracture" with Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling.Really good of course with Hopkins.

I thought that VIII seemed like a simple minded rehash of V, with an alternate ending, that was more female appropriate. ;) But I must admit that Supreme Leader Snoke really stole the show.

I thought that VIII seemed like a simple minded rehash of V, with an alternate ending, that was more female appropriate. ;) But I must admit that Supreme Leader Snoke really stole the show.

You mean Hugh Hefner in his golden robe :p

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching Founder on Netflix. A ton of stuff that I didn't know. Kinda makes me not want to eat at McDonald's anymore.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom