Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 121 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

I streamed the Martian yesterday night.

It's a good movie, not as "amazing" as people say it is. It's definitely well done, however. It also could have been a little shorter.

Watched Gone Girl.Not a fan of Ben Affleck....but WOW that was a surprise!

Watched The Accountant. Action packed & good story line. Bonus is lots o guns lol

Don't Breathe (2016) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4160708/

The trailer spoils a death in the movie, although its not /that/ far into the movie that it would be a massive spoiler; but definitely not something you'd want to see in a trailer; but I can understand why it was done. It helped set the mood of the movie so people know exactly what they're getting into. The plot is unique and I found it to be very well done. It boasts a rather interesting twist near the half way point of the movie but not the kind of twist that just pops out of nowhere and doesn't make sense. Although it is rather graphic/suggestive at a few points and would be best left unviewed by people who are sensitive and, trying to think of the right way to say this without being offensive, new-aged feminists. That being said, its nowhere near the levels of The Last House on the Left.

As a major fan of horror movies, I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Took Sawyer (4 yr old) to see Trolls.She was riveted and i was surprisingly entertained by it.Great happy story with an awesome soundtrack.

Saw the new potter(sort of I guess). Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Surprisingly good. Kept references to the existing potter series to a minimum and I thought Eddie Redmayne was really good throughout. Colin Farrell was the weakest of the main roles in my opinion.

Went and saw the Fantastic Beasts movie also. This was a more entertaining film than the other Harry Potters. More spells and wizard shizzy going on which was cool! If you're into that kind of stuff... The insight into how a younger person with magic can "change" was interesting.

Lots of random little comedy bits here and there also.

However! I sat in the motion seats and thought it was broken. Only to find out I'd have to pay another $8 to sit in those seats and have them work. Only let down from the movie.

However! I sat in the motion seats and thought it was broken. Only to find out I'd have to pay another $8 to sit in those seats and have them work. Only let down from the movie.
Yeah you have to reserve them ahead of time for them to be turned on and work. We thought we'd give it a go as I hadn't tried a 3D movie since Avatar and hadn't been in moving seats since one of those IMAX movies at wonderland god knows how long ago. However, I hate how they pretty much force it on you by only having one 2D showtime, and it's during the middle of the bloody day.

Overall it was kinda cool but I doubt I'll be doing it again any time soon. On the highest setting they can actually be pretty violent lol. Plus, 3D still suffers from the same problems as always and gets really framey in fast motion and generally does not look as crisp as the 2D version.

I would like to see it again in 2D but I'll wait for it to be out of theatres and watch it at home.

Yeah you have to reserve them ahead of time for them to be turned on and work. We thought we'd give it a go as I hadn't tried a 3D movie since Avatar and hadn't been in moving seats since one of those IMAX movies at wonderland god knows how long ago. However, I hate how they pretty much force it on you by only having one 2D showtime, and it's during the middle of the bloody day.

Overall it was kinda cool but I doubt I'll be doing it again any time soon. On the highest setting they can actually be pretty violent lol. Plus, 3D still suffers from the same problems as always and gets really framey in fast motion and generally does not look as crisp as the 2D version.

I would like to see it again in 2D but I'll wait for it to be out of theatres and watch it at home.

I find that I like 3D most when it's subtle; not a "Doctor Tongue's 3D House of Beef" movie, with stuff flying at your face. Too much and my eyes start watering, then I walk out at the end with a splitting headache. I watched "Doctor Strange" in 2D for that reason.

How many people remember "Sensurround"? At least they aren't electrifying seats (yet), like they did for monster movies in the '50s.

I find that I like 3D most when it's subtle; not a "Doctor Tongue's 3D House of Beef" movie, with stuff flying at your face. Too much and my eyes start watering, then I walk out at the end with a splitting headache. I watched "Doctor Strange" in 2D for that reason.

How many people remember "Sensurround"? At least they aren't electrifying seats (yet), like they did for monster movies in the '50s.

Doctor Strange in 3D was pretty good. Wasn't overly in your face (no pun intended) with doing 3D for the sake of 3D, but it actually flowed with the movie.

Not all movies should be 3D, but the ones they make with 3D in mind are better than the ones they slap on 3D versions of the movie in post-production.

I saw doctor strange recently. I liked it, thought it was pretty good. Also saw fantastic beasts and where to find them. Thought it was ok but expected more. Felt it was missing something

Only 3D movie I've liked was the new TRON. As you say all the effects were subtle instead of the throw **** at your face tactic used by many.

Sully was a good Tom Hanks film. Pretty cool how they made a whole movie out of a 3 minute event and it actually kept your attention.

I'm convinced you could make a movie about sawdust with Tom Hanks in it and it would still be good.
He's the Jimmy Stewart of today. I'd watch him read a phone book at this point.

The Accountant was pretty damn good. Nice story, good action. Better than I expected and not what I thought going into the movie. Great performance by all involved.

The Accountant was pretty damn good. Nice story, good action. Better than I expected and not what I thought going into the movie. Great performance by all involved.
Gotta love that 50 bmg. Total monster

Back
Top Bottom