Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 116 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Saw "Hateful 8".
One of his best in my opinion.
Lots of slick dialogue, character development and great story.
Was long at almost 3hrs but the pacing was good.
Watching it at the v.i.p cinema with a few pints in a recliner was a pretty good deal as well.

The revenant.

That wasn't a movie.

That was art.

Haven't seen it. Probably wont until its on tv sometime in the far future. Having said that, I have a hard time believing anything that DiCaprio is in can be considered art. I do enjoy his movies but I have never considered any of his performances anywhere near Oscar worthy. I find it hard to believe that this one would be either, especially after hearing that the dialogue is 'lacking'.

Maybe Im wrong...maybe he is much better when he doesn't talk very much. :)

Dialogue is lacking and the silence is deafening.

I'm the opposite of you, every DiCaprio movie ive see I've thoroughly enjoyed and his Oscar is a long time coming.

Didn't buy into the hype and enjoyed "The Martian".

Definitely not a comedy but the character did have funny moments.

It's hard to translate a book to the big screen but, have to say it's pretty good.

Sicario was good as well.

Makes you think about how the world is changing. Sure is getting complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Gift, a nifty little thriller that was not very predictable. I thought it was just another stalker film with a big battle at the end but it wasn't. Recommend.

The revenant.

That wasn't a movie.

That was art.

Finally got to watch it. Was definitely intense and there was a whole lot of emotions while watching the movie. Definitely worth an Oscar, easily the best of 2015

Dialogue is lacking and the silence is deafening.

I'm the opposite of you, every DiCaprio movie ive see I've thoroughly enjoyed and his Oscar is a long time coming.

Dialogue was lacking at the end but when a man is stuck out in the woods I don't expect him to start talking to himself. Facial expression and body language says it all. It brought alot of feelings to the film & it raised alot of questions at the end.

Straight Outta Compton
Great biopic of the rise of gangster rap and the NWA. Similar story to a lot of other artists who got ****ed by managers and record labels because they didn't know any better.

Turbo Kid
Was expecting big things as it was advertised as a great cult style film. Turned out to be merely ok, but not great. Doubt I'll watch it again.

[video=youtube;CmRih_VtVAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs[/video]

That's going to be entertaining. Margot Robbie will steal the show.

Watched Concussion the other night. Good movie overall, you would think it happened decades ago, let alone only a few years (the story/theme it's based on). Will Smith is pretty good in the role but his accent slips here and there. Worth the watch, especially if you like football.

Legend. It's a Tom Hardy gangster movie where he plays twin brothers. Disappointed in the movie. His acting was ok.

Legend. It's a Tom Hardy gangster movie where he plays twin brothers. Disappointed in the movie. His acting was ok.

acting???/

everyone complained you couldn't understand him with his bane mask... he wore no mask in revenant and I didn't understand a single thing he said.

acting???/

everyone complained you couldn't understand him with his bane mask... he wore no mask in revenant and I didn't understand a single thing he said.

You should watch Legend then lol. He's got a fairly deep voice and tends to string his words together. Makes it hard to hear him sometimes. I still think he's good actor in spite of this.

Based on true story my father told me of them when he grew in same area.

"Deadpool" - Best opening title sequence ever. I literally laughed so hard that I cried. My face still hurts from it.

Back
Top Bottom