Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 108 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Read the comic, they kinda goofed the ending in the movie. Ending in comic is better.

EDIT:
I actually rewatched Oblivion recently as well. I like the movie. It has some good ideas which makes for good sci-fi instead of just fancy effects. When it came out a lot of people said it rips off the movie Moon though:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Also, Oblivion is an absolute Bass fest so if you have a good sub at home it will give it a workout.

i found that if they did the comicbook version into film, it woulnd't translate the same. something about a big gigantic green octopus alien in the big screen wouldn't make sense. LOL. i thought the book itself was great as well as the movie. on many levels.

as for oblivion ripping off moon, i can totally see that. was watching it with my fiancee, and that was the first thing she said when she saw that specific scene.

I've never seen Oblivion (likely skipped it because of the bad reviews). Maybe I'll give it a watch.

I enjoyed the First movie had a really great dark subplot. Second movie seems to have dropped what substance the last movie had and replaced it with more stripping just to pull in the 30+ house wife crowd.

GF is going to go see it with her house wife friend. She said she wants me to dance for her afterwards but I have no idea how male strippers dance, might have to go to a gay strip club for research purposes. N-n-n-no homo

HAHAHA @ magic mike. fiancee wants me to watch it with her so that i can learn a few things. forget that. i like channing in 21/22 jump street but thats about it.

Jurassic Park - Solid, turn your inteligence off, action flick.

Oblivion - Predictable second half but a good watch.

Ant-Man

Good movie overall. Had some good humour and stands well on its own as a hero film. The 3D and effects are very well done and Michael Peña steals every scene he's in.

There are a couple scenes at the end of the movie so stick around for after the credits.

Amy....documentary about Amy Winehouse. Not bad...sad story though about a troubled girl. The dad and BF come off as slime balls. Worth a watch if you enjoyed her music.

Ted 2 - starts slow with some lame jokes but gets better and is an enjoyable flick. "Some girls have f-me eyes. You have Gollum eyes" :)

i found that if they did the comicbook version into film, it woulnd't translate the same. something about a big gigantic green octopus alien in the big screen wouldn't make sense. LOL. i thought the book itself was great as well as the movie. on many levels.

Personally wasn't a big fan of the movie but absolutely loved the comic. I think they should've kept the alien--even if it wasn't an octopus. The movie felt too much like a typical superhero movie instead of a parody of one. The very last scenes were also butchered IMO.

[edit] This youtube video more or less sums up my feelings about the movie. Warnings: spoilers!

[video]https://youtu.be/EaWj2mZsIX0[/video]

Last edited:
"Alien Outpost" - Not too bad. Plays like a 'Nam firebase movie, but with aliens added in. It's no "Citizen Kane", but i've seen far worse.

"The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened" - Some of you may have heard Kevin Smith's rants about a project he wrote a screenplay for, back in the late '90s, called "Superman Lives." It was a big budget Superman movie that was in development, in 1996-1998, and was supposed to star Nicholas Cage as Superman. This is a documentary about this movie that never happened, produced by John Schnepp.

It's absolutely excellent. It shows just how screwed up the movie making process is. Something like $10M spent to get a movie into production, 6 or 7 script rewrites (Kevin Smith says that he pulled in something like $200K for two scripts that were never used), costume and production design, securing actors, and even starting the construction of sets when they finally pulled the plug.

If any of you ever wondered why people go to places like Kickstarter and Indigogo to get funds for production, this movie will answer those questions. Or you could do an internet search for two words; "John Peters."

Back
Top Bottom