Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 130 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Just saw this movie and wondered how I missed it. Maybe the best movie you've never seen and heard of. Stretch (2014). Wildly offbeat, crude/extreme, lots of cameos and a great performance by Patrick Wilson. Much respect to many of the roles he takes. And a crazy backstory to why you've likely never heard of the movie before. Currently 86% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

stretch-movie-poster.jpg

I definitely see this one going cult classic. Highly recommended. Cheers!

Just watched this (Stretch) and I gotta agree ... with some movies I'll occasionally be on my phone but I barely picked it up. Has it's funny moments ... like the skydiver landing on the limo. LMAO.

Watched Wind River on Netflix. Jeremy Renner has done some decent flicks.

Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw Wind River and liked it too.

Watched Jungle the other day. Movie based on a true story about a backpacker in the 80's (Danial Radcliffe "Harry Potter") was decent, pretty impressive the will power.

Ricky Gervais - Humanity

Recent release on Netflix.

Love him or hate him, his perspective is brilliant IMO.

Definite recommend.

Took my 5 yr old grandaughter to see Peter Rabbit today.I thought i would put me to sleep part way thru.WRONG! This was really awesome entertainment.

Just watched this (Stretch) and I gotta agree ... with some movies I'll occasionally be on my phone but I barely picked it up. Has it's funny moments ... like the skydiver landing on the limo. LMAO.
To me, the director Carnahan has a great history. From Narc (TV) to MI III to LA confidential to The Grey to The A-Team (I enjoyed it) to Smokin' Aces. Nice. Stretch is even more robust and entertaining :). Some articles talk about this movie being Carnahan's version of The Hangover, but even more... robust.

The entire rapper scene is hilarious alone and such a small part of the movie.

The film brings the goods on many levels. Amazing one liners in the movie, for example.
I need ‘a driver, a confidante, a bag-man and a protector’
I know a place that does a mean roofie martini. Wanna meet up tonight?
Did this limo get squat-fXXXX by Satan?
And a link to a picture with some minor adult language.
http://m.cdn.blog.hu/sm/smokingbarrels/image/stretch.jpg

I don't want to give much of the show away so I didn't even post any trailers.

The premise is the guy's world is spiraling out of control and he decides to embrace it, over one day. He wins some and loses some. Multiple times I thought it couldn't get any worse for him, and it does. The setup in the movie is quick and fairly conventional so pay attention. I'm a fan of inner monologue in movies, and this one delivers that. A wild ride and highly highly recommended.

Cheers!

Last edited:
.....Watched Jungle the other day. Movie based on a true story about a backpacker in the 80's (Danial Radcliffe "Harry Potter") was decent, pretty impressive the will power.

and ppl go punish themselves on purpose on the Naked and Afraid series.

Watched Darkest Hour yesterday. Gary Oldman is a great actor, he did very well with his portrayal of Churchill. Would make a good weekend if you could watch this first and then follow up with Dunkirk.

Watched Darkest Hour yesterday. Gary Oldman is a great actor, he did very well with his portrayal of Churchill. Would make a good weekend if you could watch this first and then follow up with Dunkirk.

Yep, very good. When a co worker told me who the actor was i couldn't believe it.

Ready Player One - great pop corn movie. Lots of references from back in the day.

Highly recommend.

It comes at night - poor story, not thrilling, not scary. Other than a turd I don't really know what kind of movie it is supposed to be.

Saw Titan. Save yourselves. Don't do it.

Took me 3 attempts to finish it. Kept pausing it and wandering off to do anything else really.

Saw Death of Stalin the other day. If you like Jeffrey Tambor (the grandpa in Arrested Development), you'll love it.

Back
Top Bottom