Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 82 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

divergent delivered. but…
the ending was just a mesh of let's keep the crowed happy while keeping a sequel alive.

the movie was a good package up to the ending where they just sold it…. ending was very disappointing for me.
so , 90% they delivered and then the final 10% they sold their souls for further potential profit through sequel. that ruined it for me.

divergent delivered. but…
the ending was just a mesh of let's keep the crowed happy while keeping a sequel alive.

the movie was a good package up to the ending where they just sold it…. ending was very disappointing for me.
so , 90% they delivered and then the final 10% they sold their souls for further potential profit through sequel. that ruined it for me.

Felt the same.
Main character could have easily killed a couple of the bad guys to bring the story to a resounding but realistic end. She frustratingly doesn't though. Made we wonder if it was just for the sake of a sequel.

You boys do know that Divergent is a three novel series?

They are following the books, hence the ending setting it up for the storyline in book 2.

They are trying to copy the same recipe that Hunger Games success story follows.

And thats the problem with Divergent. Its only reason out there is because of Hunger Games, it brings nothing new to the table.

Felt the same.
Main character could have easily killed a couple of the bad guys to bring the story to a resounding but realistic end. She frustratingly doesn't though. Made we wonder if it was just for the sake of a sequel.

And thats the problem with Divergent. Its only reason out there is because of Hunger Games, it brings nothing new to the table.

And "Hunger Games" is out there because of "Harry Potter." That's the problem with Hollyweird; they think in formulas, rather than being creative.

You boys do know that Divergent is a three novel series?

Yup. That was my criticism: that it seemed to be a contrived way to keep the story going for the sake of a sequel

And "Hunger Games" is out there because of "Harry Potter." That's the problem with Hollyweird; they think in formulas, rather than being creative.

but you can go on and on about that.

they've been making movies based on books since the original plant of the apes. and even before that.

Expendables 3. If you seen the first 2, expect the same lol

Expendables 3. If you seen the first 2, expect the same lol

I didn't like it that much really. Just felt like "more of the same".

I think it's because of the PG-13 rating they toned down a lot of stuff.
Good to see Wesley Snipes back on the screen though.

First one was good (nostalgic action movie!)
Second one was funnier with the little jokes and gags in between killing people.
This one? I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but if it's already on, I won't change the channel.

I didn't like it that much really. Just felt like "more of the same".

I think it's because of the PG-13 rating they toned down a lot of stuff.
Good to see Wesley Snipes back on the screen though.

First one was good (nostalgic action movie!)
Second one was funnier with the little jokes and gags in between killing people.
This one? I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but if it's already on, I won't change the channel.

I'm getting more and more picky about where my entertainment dollars are spent. No more remakes or reboots. Skip most sequels. I'm waiting for "Guardians of the Galaxy", but I've also put in on two more Kickstarter campaigns for independent stuff too.

I've heard good things about Guardians. Gonna see it next week.

Watched 'Lucy'. It's another version of Limitless with more action and a random set of scenes put together to try and hold the plot together. 6/10

I've heard good things about Guardians. Gonna see it next week.

Watched 'Lucy'. It's another version of Limitless with more action and a random set of scenes put together to try and hold the plot together. 6/10

I've read that the plot appears to just wander off in the end. Is this true?

I've read that the plot appears to just wander off in the end. Is this true?

Yeah. It starts of pretty well, you don't know where things are headed or what's going to really happen, then in about the 3rd act, it all goes down hill and you're wondering if you're watching the same movie you started.

Some nice action and good car chase scene, but not much substance beyond that. It has a very European movie feel to it (ala Taken 2) or anything Canal+ puts together really. Can feel preachy at times with the narrative and near the end feels a bit all over the place.

Anyone seen Hercules?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Yeah. It starts of pretty well, you don't know where things are headed or what's going to really happen, then in about the 3rd act, it all goes down hill and you're wondering if you're watching the same movie you started.

Some nice action and good car chase scene, but not much substance beyond that. It has a very European movie feel to it (ala Taken 2) or anything Canal+ puts together really. Can feel preachy at times with the narrative and near the end feels a bit all over the place.

I don't know about that. To me it was a pretty straight line plot. As far as the 'preachy' thing, well that's Luc Besson for you. Seriously; love is the most powerful force in the universe and saves everything, in "The Fifth Element"? If it wasn't dressed up as beautifully as he tends to do, that would have had people hurling in theatre aisles.

I don't know about that. To me it was a pretty straight line plot. As far as the 'preachy' thing, well that's Luc Besson for you. Seriously; love is the most powerful force in the universe and saves everything, in "The Fifth Element"? If it wasn't dressed up as beautifully as he tends to do, that would have had people hurling in theatre aisles.

I guess I kind of expected more to be done once she got the powers of her mind, etc. They could have done a lot more with this premise I feel.

I guess I kind of expected more to be done once she got the powers of her mind, etc. They could have done a lot more with this premise I feel.

Once you think of where she started, the trajectory she was on, and what she ultimately ended up becoming, there really isn't much more they could have done with it. The only way to expand upon it would have been to make her become less than what she did, or drag out the middle section with more crashes and 'splosions. That's more of a Michael Bay sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom