Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

How is that possible???

was wondering the same thing

watched Snowden on netflix last night
a typical Oliver Stone production
in that facts take a back seat to style and story
but still quite watchable
and interesting if you have any geek in you

I am looking for a DVD to play on a bus tour ,, something along the lines of dust to glory, American graffiti, BLUE COLLAR COMEDY, JEFF DUNHAM, Russell Peters,, deuce of spades ,,, got all them ,, I was hoping something fresh and funny has come out on DVD

Bit of a film fest over Xmas. Here’s a couple of standouts.

Dunkirk. Brilliant film with great special effects and acting.

The Snowman .... a murder/detective thriller based on a Jo Nesbit book. Pretty good. Reasonably non Hollywood if you like that. Gory in places in a novel way.

3 billboards outside Ebbing Missouri: possibly the best film I’ve seen for a while. Frances Mc Dormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell. Really excellent characters and a neat storyline. McDormand steals the show.

The mountain between us. Idris Elba and Kate Winslet. Story of survival...a bit formulaic in places but a decent film none the less. The wife will like this one.

Also watching Black Mirror season 4. That show is epic. Excellent near future story lines and some great black comedy especially in episode 1.

Dunkirk was a complete snooze... I turned it off, it was that boring. I don't mind an artistic styled approach at times but this didn't work for me. Kinda interestingly minimalistic shots but nothing he (nolan) hasn't done before.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Dunkirk was a complete snooze... I turned it off, it was that boring. I don't mind an artistic styled approach at times but this didn't work for me. Kinda interestingly minimalistic shots but nothing he (nolan) hasn't done before.

I guess I'm not the only one.

3 billboards outside Ebbing Missouri: possibly the best film I’ve seen for a while. Frances Mc Dormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell. Really excellent characters and a neat storyline. McDormand steals the show.

watched this based on your recommendation
yes, very good film, excellent casting
only wish the story could have continued

Watched Blade Runner 2049. Interesting way to follow up the first movie.

Last Flag Flying is a great movie with Bryan Cranston, Laurence Fishburn and Steve Carrell. Carrell plays a brilliant serious role that’s quite unusual for him and he does it really well. Cranston is just excellent as a loudmouth alcoholic ex marine. Very poignant film with some black comedic highlights.

Jumanji is worth seeing, has a bit of everything better then expected. Excellent cast The Rock, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, and some eye candy. Well paced and decent laughs and nothing too deep or to silly.

Jumanji is worth seeing, has a bit of everything better then expected. Excellent cast The Rock, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, and some eye candy. Well paced and decent laughs and nothing too deep or to silly.

I heard that from a couple of other people and was, quite frankly, surprised.

War flicks are in general emotionally somber and typically display great loss and unlikely heroic achievements against all odds.

This movie isn’t like that. And I think it was a good approach to telling the story.

Definitely not a popcorn movie for the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War flicks are in general emotionally somber and typically display great loss and unlikely heroic achievements against all odds.

This movie isn’t like that. And I think it was a good approach to telling the story.

Definitely not a popcorn movie for the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was pretty good in IMAX.

I guess I'm not the only one.

I also thought Dunkirk was awful. I'm still not quite sure what the plot was. If there was one it was horribly told.

Star Wars - Didn't keep my attention. It was just "OK".

Watched Blade Runner 2049. Interesting way to follow up the first movie.

I just got around to watching it and it was boring as heck.....No character depth, limited and weird actions scene, not very climatic in terms of story progression,.. and way to long.

I don't mind artistic styled movies, some shots were nice, but not really. But there has be some substance to it, this was very shallow. Ryan was like some drone, and barely talked or reacted. At least the replicates in the previous movie has some personality to them which was part of the point.

Now that the Oscars came and went. I have been curious about some movies and why they won awards.

So I check out Get Out... entertaining.. but overall pretty lame, felt like a TV movie. If it was suppose to be scary it didn't work at all. Very over hyped.

Back
Top Bottom